Widgets Magazine

Wasn't there a controversy when made in the Abyss started?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't there a controversy when made in the Abyss started?

Widgets Magazine
    So been watching Made in the Abyss recently and it wasn't what I expected. I had stayed away from it because I thought there was some weird controversy - but for the first seven episodes everything seems pretty anime normal. Anything that could have been controversial was on screen for about two seconds (MC strung up naked) or discussed only. Not that I was looking for more of this but was there seriously controversy over this little bit? Show seemed actually pretty interesting....up to where they meet the girl who helped MCs mother bring her up from the pit when she was born.
    There is no coincidence only inevitability

These days the controversy seems more about the manga, which I'm willing to suppose the anime may have toned down a bit (or at least turned "images you have to look away from yourself" into "things shown in a flash.") I read the first three volumes of the manga after watching the anime and wasn't repelled, although I'm holding off on continuing there until the anime itself resumes (but wondering if maybe the really controversial stuff is there...)

Comment

If you're referring to something you read in AnimeNewsNetwork reviews... ANN makes up fake controversy a lot these days, to give them an excuse to badmouth shows their editors don't like. So no, there wasn't and isn't any controversy amongst the majority of viewers.

Comment

Some people have unfairly said that the anime has lolicon stuff and pedophilia. In my experience the show is fine, and most fans seem to really like it.

Comment

Good to know and thanks for replying. Wondered if there were other people at the forum sometimes heh. Show is pretty good and I am certainly enjoying it. Glad to know that what I expected was true that is was the ridiculously far left annoyed at anything internet trolls.

Thanks!
          There is no coincidence only inevitability

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X