X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] Million Arthur Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    叛逆性ミリオンアーサー

A show based off an mobile game about a bunch of guys named Arthur who are tasked with taking out a million guys named Arthur as the the legendary sword that appoints guys worthy of the title handed it out like candy.

Airs: Thursday, October 25, 2018 (season 1), Thursday April 4, 2019 (season 2)

Studio: J.C. Staff

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

The legendary sword ?Excalibur? weighs and measures all. Anyone it deems worthy of gaining tremendous power does so, and inherits the name ?Arthur?. However, Excalibur dubs generously. With an overabundance of ?worthy? dignitaries, six Arthurs travel to England to defeat the corrupt leadership that plagues their country and the world.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
    Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

One million too many.

So it begins with Dancho and five other Arthurs called to the past as they are out to beat a million guys who got the title after the one designated the title gave it to just about everybody who even has an ounce of worthiness putting the future at great risk. And Dancho isn't exactly taking things seriously making that dramatic entrance in a bunny girl outfit, as well as organizing a party and stuff. Even so, they took down 10k Arthurs on their first quest. While this show doesn't have the best of stories, the characters make for a fun time to be had as they all have their quirks and stuff.

I find it odd for Funimation to already start working on the second season, but they didn't start releasing the first season until today, and episodes are still coming out weekly even though the first season has long since been completed. In any case, I was looking forward to watching this show, but was greatly disappointed when it wasn't picked up until just now. So it looks like I'll be watching season 1 weekly and then binge through season 2.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
    Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Now you see them, now you don't.

This episode is focused on Renkin as unlike Dancho, she is much more cautious. Of course, none of that would guard against that Arthur with the see-through goggles as he had those thugs trying to take Dancho out of the picture so that he would have a free shot against Renkin and Bodach. But those thugs don't know Dancho well enough for the plan to succeed, and as flirty as Dancho is, she doesn't tolerate guys taking advances on helpless girls. It's a good thing that Renkin can erase memories as that Arthur won't be coming after her again, but while that would be a useful tool, each weapon can only be used by the owner. So it looks like things are going to focus on each of the Arthurs with the first episode being about Dancho, this one about Renkin, and the next one is going to be about Tekken.

Comment

Episode 3

Get a fistful of Arthur.

And now an episode focused on Tekken as the Arthurs pair up and split to continue their Arthur extermination mission, and Tekken gets paired up with Kakka to take down Leicaster, who runs a mine and has made quite a fortune from it. But the one thing that doesn't sit well with Tekken is that Leicaster has been selling out their country to the invaders by doing business with them and while it provided a safe haven in the city, the workers are none too pleased about it. So Tekken lets the drill Arthur have it, and the miners all are working happily at other mines. Tekken is such a badass there going to show that nobody gets away when they help out the enemy.

Comment

Episode 4

The festival will go on.

And now this episode focuses on Yamaneko, the wildcat sniper of the team. She and Rurou are tasked with eliminating an Arthur who had turned everybody in her village into a takuan with that sniper rifle. Loretta is upset at how things turned out in the last festival as some outsider won the contest in which she cheated, so she took her anger out on the villagers vowing to never have that festival again. But all she needed was a good pep talk and she finally understood the errors of her ways. It's a good thing Roy knew that the takuan bullets don't work on takuans themselves.

Comment

Episode 5

Art is no escape.

And now an episode focused on Kakka as he and Dancho infiltrate a girls school to destroy another Arthur weapon, this one coming in the form of a giant paintbrush wielded by the art club president Millia. She's so drawn into Kakka seeing that she's quite perverted and can't get enough of his trap antics. But just leave it to Kakka to fight back using his power to snap that brush in half like a twig and telling Millia that this is no way to escape reality as her perversion just went way too far. Once again, that was silly, but pretty entertaining.

Comment

Episode 6

Fishing for swimsuits.

It's off to the pool where the girls are taking a break from breaking Arthurs, but there's another Arthur on the loose as this one is stealing swimsuits using a fishing line, which turns out to be another Arthur. But just leave it to Dancho to show that guy that stealing swimsuits is a crime, and a fake sob story just wasn't going to cut it. Pretty crazy episode that was as those perverts got what they deserve, and instead of fishing for stars, they are seeing stars after all that.

Comment

Episode 7

Every rose has its thorns.

And now, Rurou has his own episode as he gets washed away, and ends up in a village that thrives on roses. But according to the real history, that village should have been dead once Rose's parents died. As it turns out, Rose had been wielding an Excalibur of her own in the form of a pair of shears that instantly causes rosebuds to bloom when they are cut, and seeing that she's helping out the village that this is a huge shift from the episodes leading up to this. While Rose may have been using her Excalibur for good, it's their job to eliminate them. That goes to show that not everybody has been using Excaliburs for selfish purposes like in the previous episodes.

Comment

Episode 8

Magical girls save the day.

Just like with the last episode, the Arthurs are dealing with Excalibur users who are doing so for good, but it's their mission to destroy them. Thus, Kakka, Renkin, and Yamaneko are branded as baddies who the magical girls must defeat. But then the invaders come and end up destroying the Excaliburs for them, and in turn, they become heroes for defeating them. That was quite a lucky turn for them as their mission was accomplished and because it was the invaders who destroyed their Excaliburs, they leave with a favorable reputation.

Comment

Episode 9

Fans meet fist.

And now, a bunch of Excaliburs to bust as all of Kaguya?s devoted fans possess on whether it be a glow stick, a banner, or even a knife as the idol is none too pleased about all the fanboys gunning for her. But she has Tekken protecting her, and she slowly is falling for him. And then there is that doctor who is trying to make her his own in both body and soul, but even that?s no match for Tekken. That just goes to show how idols don?t exactly have fans that can think straight. So with that, one more episode left for this season that should have been out a long time ago, and then it?s onto the second season that will be all out by this time next week.

Comment

Episode 10

At 900k to 6, the odds aren't in their favor.

And the Helfer Knights are on the attack ordering all 900k remaining Arthurs to attack the six that have been taking out Excaliburs left and right. So with a huge decision on their hands, Dancho decides to fight them so that the others can get away, but they decide to stay and fight. And things go as expefcted as while they could hold their own, against that many they would get surrounded. But then Pharsalia comes and wipes the battlefield clean, so while everybody made it out alive thanks to her, it has Dancho at a loss making her question her ability as a leader. That ending eyecatch pretty much says it all that Dancho has a lot to learn. Pretty depressing way to end the first half, but this was planned to be a split cour show, which I can get started on now that I'm finally finished with this season.

Comment

Episode 11

Going their separate ways.

That last battle sure demoralized Dancho as not taking her leadership role seriously is coming back to haunt her. Everybody has gone their separate ways, and to make matters worse Pharsalia has come to her to stir things up. But like any leader would, she's out there to get everybody back. That sure was a quick turnaround after that debacle, but now the hard part comes in getting everybody to follow her again.

Comment

Episode 12

Learn to lead.

Kakka and Rurou sure did a convincing acting job there to pretend that they are abandoning her to get her to realize the error of her ways. Those some things never change, at least Dancho has to grow up. So with those two back on board, now they just need to find Yamaneko.

Comment

Episode 13

That's not their Yama.

While everybody else is back, Yamaneko is still missing, and it turns out that she's a new person entirely. Instead of that sharpshooter, she's back at home doing gardening. But thanks to Dancho's persistence, she's back as there's just no backing down with her. And now, the Excalibur-busting adventure continues.

Comment

Episode 14

They are in hot water.

And now, the Arthurs are taking a dip in the hot springs, and as usual craziness ensues. This time, it does a nice Ranma 1/2 parody of having hot springs change genders, as well as other strange effects. But this wasn't a relaxation trip that they had planned it to be since there's an Excalibur that uses hot springs water as a weapon, and when the water ran out, so did that guy. Pretty creative used of the overused hot springs episodes.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X