Wise Man's Grandchild Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 11

Ultimate Magicians put to the ultimate test.

And it's time for action with their first mission as the Ultimate Magicians, a name that not everybody can agree on, but they are worthy of that name without a doubt. Thanks to Shin's magical items that they are having their way against the demonoids. But then there is Favaro, who picked up one of Shin's magical relics, but it's a good thing he doesn't realize that concentration is required to use it effectively, all while proposing to Maria, which he should have known better than to do. One more episode left as the conflict rages on.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

They're no match.

And in the end, the Ultimate Magicians flexed their power and Zest knew that they were totally outmatched. Miria was quite the formidable foe, but against Shin she knew that it would be unwise to keep fighting him. So the kingdom is defended, but Strom is still at-large plotting his next move. Sizilien sure is a crybaby, but even so she helped out greatly and even though she couldn't save that one guy, she kept him alive just long enough for Shin to do the job. Pretty underwhelming way to end this as things were just rushed, but the ending was pretty hilarious. It didn't get quiet, as the opposite just happened.

Overall, this show made pretty good use of the cliches to make it presentable despite being another one of those isekai shows with an overpowered MC. This show has a nice foundation with great characters, a well thought out story concept, and solid action. While the show starts off strong, it starts to fall victim to its cliches and begins rushing things as the show was hindered by bad pacing and diminished quality of the story. It's a show that will be satisfactory for those who enjoy isekai shows but it's one where things just got sloppy as the series progresses.

MAL Rating:
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
      Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        Episode 12 (Finale)

They're no match.

And in the end, the Ultimate Magicians flexed their power and Zest knew that they were totally outmatched. Miria was quite the formidable foe, but against Shin she knew that it would be unwise to keep fighting him. So the kingdom is defended, but Strom is still at-large plotting his next move. Sizilien sure is a crybaby, but even so she helped out greatly and even though she couldn't save that one guy, she kept him alive just long enough for Shin to do the job. Pretty underwhelming way to end this as things were just rushed, but the ending was pretty hilarious. It didn't get quiet, as the opposite just happened.

Overall, this show made pretty good use of the cliches to make it presentable despite being another one of those isekai shows with an overpowered MC. This show has a nice foundation with great characters, a well thought out story concept, and solid action. While the show starts off strong, it starts to fall victim to its cliches and begins rushing things as the show was hindered by bad pacing and diminished quality of the story. It's a show that will be satisfactory for those who enjoy isekai shows but it's one where things just got sloppy as the series progresses.

MAL Rating:
        Re: Episode 12 and series

Pity the fool(s) who stand between Melinda-sama and her chance at "date" night. LOL!

I can't really disagree with the rating for this show, which I put in at a "B" range series, although anyone giving it B+ is stretching it, IMHO. I give it a "B" (just barely above a "B-"). This series was entertaining enough, and had self-aware humor, and a lot of fun supporting cast members. Sicily is just adorable!

However, it was rushed, the animation quality was lacking, and the cast got a bit too big and too much was attempted to be done in too little time. Though far from the elites of the Isekai genre, it's also far above the dregs, like Magical Warfare. It had some creative ideas, but if you want an idea on how to perfectly do an MC with "no commonsense" who has no idea how overpowered he really is, check out Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, which handles it about as perfectly as possible. So, not close to greatness, but even further from crap, this series was above average, but didn't quite reach its potential.
        Last edited by General Hentai; 06-27-2019, 12:35 AM.
        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
        3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X