Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 9

It ain't scary here.

And it's off to the beach where everybody has a great time wearing their swimsuits, and after all the day's festivities, it's off to the forest for the test of courage. Of course, Tanya didn't exactly see this as scary knowing just how scary her world is. And Tanya thinking Aqua is this Being X is pretty funny. Those are some good times to be had.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 10

The rivals arrive.

And here comes the supporting characters as they are in the class next door, and the two classes are competing against each other in a sports festivals. Reinhard, Chris, and others are also in this world. Even though Subaru is in a different world, his curse is still in effect. And lots of crazy things happen at the festival itself, none more so than Megumin's explosion. Pretty amusing way to bring the other characters into this school.
      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 11

It all comes down to this.

The field day was intense, but everything up until the cavalry battle was just pointless seeing that it's for all the marbles. And now the teachers are getting involved forming a cavalry team, all while poor Yunyun is in a class all her own. After Ains teleporting and a clone of him doing the same, that fortress that nearly destroyed Kazuma's town is summoned. One more episode left to go as it's a fight to decide who wins the sports festival.

Comment

Episode 12 (Season 1 Finale)

Nobody's going home just yet.

The calvary battle was pretty silly there with Subaru falling and doing what he did in the battle with the white whale while Kazuma steals a bolt to take down that gigantic spider machine, and Ains summons a bunch of undeads. In the end, Tanya got the headband, and class 2 ends up winning. Even so, nobody is going home as what Roswaal said it just might happen. And a new transfer student comes to be revealed in the second season. Quite the amusing finish there and that giant teaser sure makes me look forward to season 2. I'm thinking that the transfer student is going to be Naofumi seeing that it is another isekai show from Kadokawa and with the Shield Hero's popularity that it would make sense to add him to the class. Of course, under that scenario, the show would become Isekai Quintet. In any case, the season is finished with another coming soon.

Overall, this show is just great fun with the characters and comedy really standing out. The interactions are some of the most amusing things out there this season, and this concept of bringing these characters from isekai shows together is simply ingenious. Just about the only problems I had are the cheap-looking animation, albeit serving a greater purpose, and that some of the humor missed its mark. But in the overall scheme of things, it's fun and one of the better shorts out there.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Re: Episode 12

"Season 2 Coming Soon."

And there was much rejoicing! This has been a really fun series, and we get more of it. Win-Win!
            My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
            1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
            2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
            3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X