X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2019] Isekai Quartet Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    異世界かるてっと

A short about characters from four different Kadokawa isekai shows have gathered into one place. As such, characters from Konosuba, Re:Zero, Overlord, and Saga of Tanya the Evil are interacting with each other as this isn't the first time they have been isekaied.

Airs: Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Studio: PuYUKAI

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

A mysterious switch appeared one day. Upon pressing it, they were sent to a different alternative world!! There are also characters from other alternative worlds gathered together...!?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Four-in-one.

And the characters from the four Kadokawa isekai shows have gathered into one place at Isekai High School after pushing the red button in different ways. The circumstances in which that happened is quite funny, and now the main cast from Konosuba, Overlord, Saga of Tanya the Evil, and Re:Zero have gathered under one roof. That was pretty amusing to watch these characters finding themselves talking to each other as everybody got isekaied, and for the four leads of the shows its happening again. Seeing that this is the same studio that did the Re:Zero shorts that this is going to be fun.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      Episode 1

Four-in-one.

And the characters from the four Kadokawa isekai shows have gathered into one place at Isekai High School after pushing the red button in different ways. The circumstances in which that happened is quite funny, and now the main cast from Konosuba, Overlord, Saga of Tanya the Evil, and Re:Zero have gathered under one roof. That was pretty amusing to watch these characters finding themselves talking to each other as everybody got isekaied, and for the four leads of the shows its happening again. Seeing that this is the same studio that did the Re:Zero shorts that this is going to be fun.
      Re: Episode 1

O.M.G.

This was too much fun, with how all the characters are gathered show by show. And then there's the ED, which has 8-bit versions of Emilia (Rie Takahashi), Tanya (Aoi Yuki), Aqua (Kaori Fukuhara), and Albedo (Yumi Hara) who eventually break out in song.

And with that, Spring Season 2019 is officially a win.
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 2

Class is in session.

And now, the isekaied guys are being asked to introduce themselves, and that was pretty hilarious, especially Aqua's when she tried to make herself stand out when all that needed to happen was to give her name. And then Aqua trying to purify Ains was just really funny seeing that Ains never experienced magic quite like that. And Roswaal makes a good teacher for this class seeing that he did acquire quite a lot of wealth with the mansion and everything.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

I observe that Victoria (1st LT) and Weiss (Captain) have gotten promotions since the end of the TV series. In Victoria's case it was certainly deserved, but I don't know about Weiss. Tanya was always criticizing his by-the-book approach. I dunno, maybe time in rank was good enough and he wasn't a complete screw-up.

Avatar: Tanya Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil

Comment

Episode 3

Something's not right about this world.

Once again, this show just continues to do a nice job with the quirky interactions there. The focus is on Tanya as she lives for war, but she's not getting any of that in this world, especially with her superiors being the principals of Isekai High School. And then she looks at Ains and she's a huge mystery to her. Anyway, that was another fun way to get these characters across the shows to figure out what hit them.

Comment

Episode 4

Making friends from another world.

Seeing that Tanya thinks Ains is Being X that they become friends. Albedo doesn't see things that way as anytime he interacts with a girl, she's always things she's trying to steal her beloved away. And seeing how much alike Kazuma and Subaru are that they are on the same wavelength there, both being late, and talking casually about their struggles in their worlds. The only difference being that Kazuma was reincarnated and Subaru was summoned. This show just continues to bring on the amusing interactions and it's great.

Comment

Episode 4

Making friends from another world.

Seeing that Tanya thinks Ains is Being X that they become friends. Albedo doesn't see things that way as anytime he interacts with a girl, she's always things she's trying to steal her beloved away. And seeing how much alike Kazuma and Subaru are that they are on the same wavelength there, both being late, and talking casually about their struggles in their worlds. The only difference being that Kazuma was reincarnated and Subaru was summoned. This show just continues to bring on the amusing interactions and it's great.
                Re: Episode 4

Continuing to love this show!

So, Tanya and Ains hit it off, and yet Kazuma and Subaru, who are so alike in many ways that it's scary, start off well, but end with Kazuma in a huff due to Subaru getting a harem.

This show is just priceless...and I finally found English subtitles of the OP and ED, which just adds to the fun.

My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and

Comment

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post

Re: Episode 4

Continuing to love this show!

So, Tanya and Ains hit it off, and yet Kazuma and Subaru, who are so alike in many ways that it's scary, start off well, but end with Kazuma in a huff due to Subaru getting a harem.
                  Which is funny in itself given that Kazuma's harem is really not that bad and Subaru did not go into the amount of times he had to die and reset...

Avatar: Tanya Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil

Comment

Originally posted by Gildor View Post
                    Which is funny in itself given that Kazuma's harem is really not that bad and Subaru did not go into the amount of times he had to die and reset...

Quite true. Then again, Kazuma's got all too much, and ever increasing, familiarity with dying and rezzing himself.

Comment

Episode 5

Taking their talents to another world.

It's time for the talent show, and some people just don't have any talents, especially Darkness there as all she wants is to show just how much endurance she has after taking a beating. But then Megumin shows just how much firepower she has in her explosions and the class is impressed. Just when they thought they had seen it all, they haven't seen what Ains can do as he turns the place into a winter wonderland with his magic. Once again, it's amusing to see all of these characters interacting with each other, each with a special talent that may be nothing more than useless party tricks or something that isn't exactly useful in combat.

Comment

Episode 6

That's no way to pick a leader.

It's time for class rep elections, and of course there's a lot of drama and fuss going on. While Ains is born to lead, Aqua doesn't want an undead leading the class, all while Emilia herself has grand visions. So in the end, the rep was chosen at random and Emilia it is, while Ains is second in command. And of course, Tanya is at a loss after all that as her interaction with Demiurge leads to some crazy things. Pretty amusing stuff once again going to show that everybody has their priorities in different places.

Comment

Episode 6

That's no way to pick a leader.

It's time for class rep elections, and of course there's a lot of drama and fuss going on. While Ains is born to lead, Aqua doesn't want an undead leading the class, all while Emilia herself has grand visions. So in the end, the rep was chosen at random and Emilia it is, while Ains is second in command. And of course, Tanya is at a loss after all that as her interaction with Demiurge leads to some crazy things. Pretty amusing stuff once again going to show that everybody has their priorities in different places.
                          Re: Episode 6

Darkness = Best Girl.

The fun continues. And fun it is, as we have class election by drawing names, and then the duty assignments, with Tanya and Demiurge ending up in charge of Discipline (What could go wrong? Answer from a different animation form: To Infinity and Beyond!)

Lastly, we end up with the Gym committee, with Darkness on it, to the confusion of all the other members. Scene stolen, yet again.

Lots of humor here, but Darkness steals the show, as always.

Comment

Episode 7

There's no discrimination here.

With Emilia now the class rep with Ains the vice, it's time that Subaru's party becomes friends with Ains and it was nice to see Hamsuke making it to this world. This hamster sure is easy to make friends with considering it took someone like Ains back in his world to see him for who he really is. Quite an awkward way to form a friendship with Ains feeling Subaru's heart, but they got along quite well. Next up, a fieldtrip is coming.

Comment

Episode 8

Got swimsuits?

It's time for the school field trip to the beach along with a test of courage, and Aqua is still wary of Ains, all while Albedo is overprotective of him like always. And after organizing the trip, everybody goes shopping for swimsuits, and of course things would get out of hand, to Tanya, a man in her previous life, going for something with a lot of coverage, while Shalltear is flat as a pancake. Pretty amusing stuff once again as the isekaied continue to act quirky towards those from different worlds.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X