X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2019] Namu Amida Butsu! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    なむあみだ仏っ! -蓮台 UTENA-

A show based on a game about a battle between religions as pretty boys are agents of Buddha up against another deity.

Airs: Monday, April 8, 2019

Studio: Asahi

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

The pain that everyone cannot escape when living: the living, old, sick, and death. The way to save it is through Buddhist enlightenment. At the end of a war, a prince who obtained the Buddhist enlightenment became the Shaka Nyorai and saved the world. Long time has passed since that, currently the latter age of decadence. Mara, the worry that once tried to destroy Shaka's enlightenment, has made a contract with the devil in order to seek revenge against Shaka. He begins to control people with worries.

Meanwhile, a team centering around Shaka, called the Thirteen Buddhas, and the two benevolent deities who protect the dharma, Taishakuten and Bonten, have stood up to fight against Mara to protect people from worries. A battle between Mara and the Buddhist gods that involves people begins now!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Vice ain't nice.

I wasn't expecting much out of this show, and it turns out to be just another ripoff of Touken Ranbu, this one going the Hanamaru route. Pretty much, it explains what these agents of Buddha are out to do as they are to prevent vices from taking over humans, but everybody has at least a little bit of it, and they only have the strength to go after the big ones. And that was amusing to see that these boys can change their appearance to the human eye, though some boys just don't know who to pick as they are not supposed to draw attention. Just when it looked like it was going to be routine, in comes Ashura there making a dramatic entrance. He figures to be nothing but bad news.

Anyway, I'll give it another episode or two, and while I had low interest and expectations coming in, I'm willing to give it a chance to make a statement or not before making a definitive decision.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

It's not just humans who get it.

And it turns out that this problem is not limited to humans as animals in the zoo got infected by the evil vice shadows with the culprit being an elephant who charged at a human after they taunted the elephants. And the boys come in to save the day. Man, this show continues to be just a train wreck in every way possible, and if I want to watch this kind of crap going down, at least Touken Ranbu does a much better job than this.

So with that, this is the first drop of the season as I had low expectations coming in, but this is just mind-blowingly bad.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X