X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2019] Cinderella Nine Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    八月のシンデレラナイン

A show about girls playing baseball and determined to make it to Koshien.

Airs: Sunday, April 7, 2019

Studio: TMS Entertainment

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

In the game, the player takes the role of an unnamed former little senior league baseball ace who lost his or her baseball career after suffering an unspecified injury. The character moves to his or her grandmother's hometown and enrolls in the local high school, resolved never to enter the world of baseball again. When the character meets Tsubasa Arihara, he or she is persuaded to be the manager of the school's baseball team, and to take the team to the high school nationals at Koshien.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Let's play ball!

So it begins with a girl getting so energetic over starting a new baseball club and aiming for Koshien, but of course that's going to be quite a tough task there. She did manage to get a club of four started, but it took a lot of convincing seeing that Nozaki and Ukita just have no clue how to play the game. But after giving it a try, they are having fun with it. So the foundation is set, but unfortunately they aren't going to be able to practice for quite some time there. That was a decent enough start there as I didn't expect much coming in knowing that this is there to advertise a mobile game. But nevertheless, it does have something to offer.

So with that, usual trial rules apply for this show as I'll wait and see how it stacks up against the competition this season.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

re: Episode 1

With Mix and Ace of the Diamond also running this season and memories of Princess Nine and Taisho Baseball Girls out there, I fear this show may get squashed from all directions (and that's before the Love Live vibe the team leader gives me, although she does seem to have applicable skills beyond just "nigh-inexhaustible enthusiasm.") Still, something like this usually makes me feel sorry for a series to start with, which can go some way towards me watching it. I am sort of interested in how the other five girls will collect.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I like this one so far. Granted right now I'm mainly in it for Yuuki and Akane's relationship. Also I enjoyed Taisho Baseball Girls, so that helps. Even Princess Nine despite some issues had its moments.
        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
        Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 2

Back to the field of dreams.

The new baseball club has run into a lot of trouble as they need to find a place to practice, but there's just no place around campus to do so. And while buying some equipment, they run into Suzuki, whose big brother plays college baseball. Suzuki used to really be into this sport, but recently stopped liking it. But thanks to a teacher would become the club moderator, she found a place that just needs work to fix up and they have their practice field, as well as a new member as Suzuki used to play on that field with her brother. Pretty nice way to bring Suzuki onto the team going to show that she has it in her to play.

Comment

re: Episode 2

I'd mentioned sensing a "Love Live vibe" to the first episode of this series, but have to admit that having some male characters speak (even if one's an older store manager and one's an older brother) does its own bit to push that back. If we keep adding one new character a week, the full team will be fielded by the middle of this season (and presumably the series...) The ambiguity that brought out my "am I trying to root for the underdog?" feeling this episode, though, did seem a personal sense of awkwardness to the character drawings.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X