X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2019] Ao-chan Can't Study Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    淫らな青ちゃんは勉強ができない

A half-length short about a girl who is determined to study and set herself apart from her perverted father. That is, until out of nowhere a classmate confesses his love and now she can't find the time to study because that guy won't take no for an aswer.

Airs: Friday, April 5, 2019

Studio: Silver Link

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

When Ao was in kindergarten, she smiled ear-to-ear as she told her classmates how her father, a bestselling erotic author, chose her name: "A as in apple and O as in orgy!" That day still haunts her ten years later as she studies with a single goal in mind: to get into an elite university and achieve independence from her father once and for all. She has no youth to misspend and no time to think about boys...until her classmate, "King Normie" Kijima, approaches her with a shocking confession of love. She tries to lose Kijima, but he just can't take a hint...and as her mind runs wild with dirty thoughts, she realizes her father has totally influenced her!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Father doesn't know best.

Ao sure got herself into a crappy family situation there with her father being all pervy, even going as far as to base her name off something sexually motivated. That has her motivated to study, but the situation quickly changes when it turns out that one of the boys there is so head over heals for her. Ao sure has a lot of sexual innuendo to deal with, and her father is just creepy. So far, this show hasn't captured my fancy, but I'm willing to watch more of this for now to see how things develop between Ao and Kijima.

So as usual, the same trial rules apply, and that means with a few more episodes a decision will be made regarding this show's prospects.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

I'll give this one a pass, as it doesn't appeal to me at all. I like ecchi romcom as much as the next otaku, but this show just seems, oh, I don't know, mean spirited toward Ao. Her family situation, per se, does not bother me. In fact it is an interesting premise, and I liked her initial reaction to be strong willed to get past it . She even mentions the trope of the heroine going all "Oh, I just can't control my body's reactions" as something she abhors (and I agree with her).

Then, when confronted with a boywho is trying to get to know her, what does she do? She completely falls apart like a typical anime ditzy girl. Then, her father is not just creepy, he is a full out as***le , sexually stalking his own daughter. Maybe that is supposed to be cute and funny, but I did not find it so. The main male protagonist seems OK and decent, but it does not make up for the other faults I find.

It's too bad, because I think this could, if handled in a different manner, be an entertaining show.

Avatar: Tanya Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        Episode 1

Father doesn't know best.

Ao sure got herself into a crappy family situation there with her father being all pervy, even going as far as to base her name off something sexually motivated. That has her motivated to study, but the situation quickly changes when it turns out that one of the boys there is so head over heals for her. Ao sure has a lot of sexual innuendo to deal with, and her father is just creepy. So far, this show hasn't captured my fancy, but I'm willing to watch more of this for now to see how things develop between Ao and Kijima.

So as usual, the same trial rules apply, and that means with a few more episodes a decision will be made regarding this show's prospects.
        Re: Episode 1

I found Ao to be cute, and this to be a fun & cute little show. The premise of Ao trying to escape her "heritage" mixed with the fact that she knows WAAAAY TOO MUCH about sex, and yet is an innocent about it as well. So, comic misunderstandings and add in the mix of Ao having normal hormonal reactions, just ups the humor here.

Oh, and her father being as old as he's shown here, plus what's the story of her seemingly absent mother, well, just geld your dad and do everyone a favor, girl.
        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
        3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 2

Not taking no for an answer.

So much for Ao's plan to study as if nothing else matters as thanks to Kijima, she's finding herself in even more erotic situations. It didn't exactly help that she didn't think through her new look with her blazer being too small and her skirt too short, all while she looks so cute that it stands out. Not to mention, there's Kijima's crotch that is being talked about. Ao sure got herself in between a rock and a hard place after all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            Episode 2

Not taking no for an answer.

So much for Ao's plan to study as if nothing else matters as thanks to Kijima, she's finding herself in even more erotic situations. It didn't exactly help that she didn't think through her new look with her blazer being too small and her skirt too short, all while she looks so cute that it stands out. Not to mention, there's Kijima's crotch that is being talked about. Ao sure got herself in between a rock and a hard place after all that.
            Re: Episode 2

Even better. She never does find out the size of Kajima's junk, but this was, yet again, fun. Even more fun than Ep. 1. We get the straightforward Kajima misunderstanding the innocent, yet hopelessly corrupted Ao, whose upbringing has conditioned her to expect the most extreme situations in relationships. Her studying goal was to get rid of that side of her life completely, but she's having a completely normal reaction to a good-looking, decent guy confessing to her, while her over-exposed brain keeps expecting the extreme possibilities of any conversation.

The result of all this just works for me. It's both sweet and funny. And then there's dad, aka Japan's Pervert in Chief. He's the kind of dad most guys would dream of their girlfriends having. He seems like the kind of dad who if Kajima were to come calling to pick up Ao for a date, dad would pull him aside, give him a chart showing which days of the month are "safe" for Ao, and also a map, with ratings and prices, for every love hotel in a 25 mile radius. Happosai would be proud.

So, it worked, and I felt episode 2 was better than episode 1.
            My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
            1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
            2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
            3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X