Widgets Magazine

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Spring 2019] YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    この世の果てで恋を唄う少女YU-NO

A show about a high school student who has the power to travel through dimensions in search of his father, who mysteriously vanished one day

Airs: Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Studio: Feel

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

Takuya Arima is a young student whose father, a historian who has conducted various researches, disappeared recently. During a summer vacation Takuya receives a peculiar package from his missing father, along with a letter containing information about the existence of various parallel worlds. At first Takuya doesn't take it seriously, but soon he realizes that he possesses a device that allows him to travel to alternate dimensions. Is his father alive, after all? If so, where is he?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Do you know Yu-No?

Lots of questions were raised here at the start as Takuya received some mysterious device that Ryuzoji would kill him to get his hands on. There's that, and the fact that his father has gone missing, but he's apparently alive somewhere else. And then there's Yu-No herself as Takuya found her. Lots of strange things are going on, and Takuya hasn't exactly been established yet, so it remains to be seen what I should expect moving forward with this show.

So as usual, the trial rules apply and I will make a final call after seeing a few more episodes.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      Episode 1

Do you know Yu-No?

Lots of questions were raised here at the start as Takuya received some mysterious device that Ryuzoji would kill him to get his hands on. There's that, and the fact that his father has gone missing, but he's apparently alive somewhere else. And then there's Yu-No herself as Takuya found her. Lots of strange things are going on, and Takuya hasn't exactly been established yet, so it remains to be seen what I should expect moving forward with this show.

So as usual, the trial rules apply and I will make a final call after seeing a few more episodes.
      Re: Episode 1

Meet the harem.

Whether that's the case or not, that's sure what it seemed like. And given that this is based on a visual novel, I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case. There's no real feel to this series yet, so it likely will take at least a few episodes to figure out what the heck is going on.
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 2

Time is on his side.

The mystery continues to deepen, but while that's going on there's a rock that some thugs from a leasing company are looking to remove and build over it, and the mayor's daughter is none too pleased about it. And then there's that relic that slipped into Takuya's hands, and it's no wonder why Ryuzoji would go so far as to try and kill him for it as he can travel back in time to fix past mistakes, kind of like using Mila's Turnwheel in Fire Emblem Echoes. He used that to save Ayumi, who was being harassed by a couple of thugs hired to get the data from her, but after several tries Takuya stalls them long enough for help to arrive. So now, the power of that relic is revealed, and now it's all a matter of Takuya being able to use it wisely.

Comment

Episode 3

Lightning striking again.

This episode focuses on Ayumi as she has been through quite a lot. As if losing her husband to a cave-in wasn't bad enough, guys are egging on her when she explains the lightning strikes that have been going on all while the townspeople are just losing their mind. And after giving that broadcast, she boozed up and came to Ayumi all drunk out of her mind. Really depressing what Ayumi had to go through.

So with that, I'll give it one more episode. But so far, I have been disappointed with what this show had brought to the table so far as it's being too roundabout than what I would like. Anyway, this show is on the outside looking in.

Comment

Episode 4

A feeling of foreboding.

The bottom just fell off there as that dream was a prophecy of the future and Ayumi did kill herself. Toyotomi is one shady guy, and Ayumi should have known better than to trust that flunky who she ended up having sex with before kicking the bucket in the bathroom. That was quite tough to watch there and poor Ayumi took the worst of it all, between Ryuzoji's threats and this affair with Toyotomi.

With that, the trial period is over for this show, and seeing how I wasn't exactly feeling this show that this show is off the season watchlist. I just didn't get this whole mystery as it seemed to be going nowhere in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X