Widgets Magazine

Has a show ever been too depressing for you to keep watching?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has a show ever been too depressing for you to keep watching?

Widgets Magazine
    I have been in anime for a long time...I grew up watching the likes of DevilMan and other 90s shock anime. Even School Days didn't phase me for long...but man the promised neverland. I am only up to episode 7 and...I am not sure I can continue. I space the episodes out watch an episode of shield hero or my roommate is a cat (usually with my cat in my lap) after episodes of neverland but man. This show is DARK. So has a show ever been so dark you had to stop watching?

Also going to try to start coming here more often...little discussion over at CR not enough and not on the level I am used to.
    There is no coincidence only inevitability

I have watched anime with dark and heavy themes like Now and Then, Here and There and From the New World, but I have been able to finish them. Drama and slice of life are my favorite genres in anime, but anime with dark stuff can be very compelling to watch if they are well written and well crafted. I have problems with dark anime only when it tries to be shocking and edgy, but its story is super stupid; Elfen Lied and Future Diary are good example of dark but crappy anime.

Comment

Ahhh you don't happen to live in North Carolina do you...because wow you just listed a good many of my favorite and not favorite anime in one post. I own Now and Then Here and There and though it was hard to get through made it and generally loved every second. Same with From the New World...man do more people need to watch that show. Enjoyed Future Diary for what it was and thought the "happy" ending they gave it was undeserved as all the MC were terrible people. Didn't make it through Elfen Lied because like you said it was stupid.

Watching promised neverland which is what made me post this? I had to stop as it became to much...I may be getting soft I don't know..

Comment

Originally posted by zaldar View Post
        Ahhh you don't happen to live in North Carolina do you...
        I live in the U.S., but I am not from North Carolina. I will post a link to MyAnime at ANN.

https://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/My...azares&categ=3

Comment

Thanks! Sorry if I was creepy just not many anime fans much less anime fans that like what I like heh. I really should update MyAnime. I hardly ever do. I will have to look at my collection tonight and see which other really dark shows I own have watched.

EDIT: Ha looking through your lists I saw you rated Angel Beats high and wondered if you had seen Haibane Renmei (perhaps my favorite anime of all time) only to read down see that you had and had rated it even higher. I approve.

podcast I sometimes review shows for: https://banzaibeat.com/
          Last edited by zaldar; 03-20-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X