X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastorale Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    バミューダトライアングル ~カラフル・パストラーレ~

A show about mermaids going on adventures under the sea to broaden their horizons and other stuff they find quite fascinating.

Airs: Saturday, January 12, 2019

Studio: Seven Arcs

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

Daily life for mermaids come with everyday issues. Follow the adventures of five young mermaids as they explore their town and the world around them in this delightful slice-of-life series that takes viewers to an enchanting world beneath the waves.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
    Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Sugar under the sea.

Pretty much, this show was what I was expecting, a typical slice-of-life show with the main gimmick being that the girls are mermaids living in the Atlantic Ocean. Their first adventure takes them to an abandoned planetarium where they turn on the projector and and observe something unbelievable. Not much going on here as it basically just introduces the environment.

So I'll give it another episode or two, but it's unlikely I'll continue with this show as my interest level wasn't all that high coming in.
    Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

This does not project.

Not long after arriving at the theater, the mermaid girls were asked to never set fin inside that abandoned building ever again. While there is a new, state-of-the-art theater they could always go to, there's just way too much nostalgia there to simply leave it alone. Not to mention, all those cineorbs stored away that still could be put to good use. The girls were quite persistent there not wanting to stay away from a place they really had no business being at in the first place, but in the end they their way. Once again, nothing doing for me as it was just another boring episode all around and not much else to say about it.

So with that, time to leave this show under the sea as I wasn't expecting much out of this show, and it was just a total snoozefest as it's clear that this was intended for a specific audience, one I'm not a part of. Not to mention, it goes to show why I can't expect anything good to come out from Seven Arcs, which is one of the worst studios.

Comment

Episode 3

Canon is definitely best girl and in some ways the true protagonist. I mean Sonata is still important due to her view point and being Canon's love interest. However it's becoming clearer and clearer this anime is about how she bonds with the other girls, especially Sonata.

The scene with Canon doing stuff alone because "lol surprise" was kind of depressing. Especially with the music. Still thankfully things worked out.
        ----------------------------------------------------
        In regards to Seven Arcs, they made shows I've disliked and shows I've liked. Granted how much credit/blame they get for some shows is debatable due to being adaptations of existing source material.
        Last edited by Momoka Kibi; 01-28-2019, 06:06 AM.
        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
        Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X