X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] Endro! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    えんどろ~!

A fantasy show where cute girls are trained to defeat the Demon King that is never gone for good, but these girls are way too relaxed and are not taking their training seriously.

Airs: Saturday, January 12, 2019

Studio: Gokumi

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Naral Island, a continent with swords and magic in which humans and monsters coexist. The terrible Demon King lives there. In ancient times, the first-generation hero defeated the Demon King. Over the many successive generations since then, the Demon King has been resurrected, and the hero who opposes him has likewise reappeared. Girls attend a school for adventurers in order to defeat the Demon King when he appears again.

Though a bit absent-minded, Yusha has the body of a hero. The holy elf Seyla's trouble never ends because she is too serious. The cheerful warrior Fai loves to eat. Mei is a quiet otaku magician. As the four girls aim to be in the hero party, they live relaxed fantasy lives and show no sign of defeating the Demon King no matter how much time passes.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ellenoir Seiran, Endro~!
    Watching: Machiavellism, La Verite, Shining Hearts, Buso Renkin, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Making the hero a zero.

I just love that wall-breaking humor at the beginning with the ending credits rolling after these girls defeated the final boss and clear the game. In this playthrough, the Demon Lord has come back from the future, this time in the form of a cute little girl who is their new teacher at school, and she's out to get revenge on Yusha by having her party expelled so that they can't beat her like they did in the future. Her first attempt at it has everybody exploring a cave to find a treasure and while everybody else gave up, Yusha got that sword and passed a trial to thwart that plan. That was very fun and I love the characters in this show, especially Seira as she's really cute when she's panicking.

So with that, the trial rules apply, though I'm pretty sure this show will make the cut as this is one of my most anticipated shows of the season. The first episode pretty much passed my hype test.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

That was kinda amusing. It didn't rate too high, had a few moments, but won't be one of my favorites of this season, even if I stick with it.
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 2

Everybody, lead the way.

This time, the girls are tasked with picking a leader, but that's not easy to do as they are great in one thing, but terrible in another that makes each of them unfit to be leaders. Yusha has incredible luck, Seira knows everything, Fai's strength is unmatched, and Mei's magical skills are on another level, but each girl just doesn't have it all together to be the leader. That was pretty hilarious seeing those girls try and fail to be a leader, as well as that sentai-esque introduction when they decide to all become leaders. This show just continues to be fun and everything the characters do is cute.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X