X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] The Promised Neverland Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    約束のネバーランド

A show set at an orphanage where the kids are spoiled not realizing that they are actually becoming food for the demons. As such, the kids are trying to escape this place is not quite what they thought it was.

Airs: Thursday, January 10, 2019

Studio: CloverWorks

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

At Grace Field House, life couldn't be better for the orphans! Though they have no parents, together with the other kids and a kind "Mama" who cares for them, they form one big, happy family. No child is ever overlooked, especially since they are all adopted by the age of 12. Their daily lives involve rigorous tests, but afterwards, they are allowed to play outside.

There is only one rule they must obey: do not leave the orphanage. But one day, two top-scoring orphans, Emma and Norman, venture past the gate and unearth the harrowing secret behind their entire existence. Utilizing their quick-wittedness, the children must work together to somehow change their predetermined fate.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mash Kyrielight, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Sirius the Jaeger, Shobitch, Machiavellism, Anonymous Noise, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Food for thought.

Just when it looked like the kids were living in heaven, that place turns out to be a hell as the only thing that awaits these kids is death. Norman, Ray, and Emma all found that out by accident when they were trying to give Conny her plushie that she left behind and had to hide from the demons to make it back and let everybody else know what really happens when they leave. Quite a tremendous way to open things up and I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out now that the big truth the mistress of the orphanage was trying so hard to hide from these kids.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mash Kyrielight, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Sirius the Jaeger, Shobitch, Machiavellism, Anonymous Noise, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

It really kills me that these threads don't have any discussion anymore. This would be such a great show for it. I knew I'd love it from the manga, which I've been reading every week since it started, but I still couldn't have anticipated such an incredible adaptation. Literally perfect in every way, even more than I would've dreamed in an ideal world. If they can keep up this level of quality, we'll have one of the best anime of the year starting right at the beginning.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine