X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] Dimension High School Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Dimensionハイスクール

A show about real life high school boys isekaied into a high school in the anime world.

Airs: Thursday, January 10, 2019

Studio: Polygon Pictures

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

The high school boys transferred to an anime world while they are in cramming school. Since then, they start school life in the anime world they transferred in.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
    Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Getting schooled in another dimension.

That was just totally weird with this show being part live-action, part CG, and it is up to four boys and a teacher to solve some really cryptic puzzles to save humanity that is being threatened. Of course, listening to the words of a talking rock just feels bizarre going to show just how messed up this show is. While everybody made it back, Momoya-sensei lost all of his progress in his mobile game he was playing during breaks as that sphinx monster gave everybody some really tough questions. Anyway, I give credit for this show being creative at the very least, though I have a feeling that it's just going to get repetitive with a puzzle-of-the-week type of deal.

So as usual, trial period rules apply, though this one I wasn't exactly high on coming in.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
    Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

The losses are greater this time.

So it's another trip to the alternate dimension during a physics tutoring session, another puzzle given by the sphinx, and once again those boys get the first one wrong and the second one right to return to the real world. This time, the losses are even more staggering as now there are just four of them with one of the kids having their existence erased. This show just continues to be stupid and while I the idea was something that stands out, unfortunately not much else in this show does.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X