X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] Kemurikusa Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ケムリクサ

From the creator of Kemono Friends comes a sci-fi show about girls battling through a red fog while zapping bugs.

Airs: Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Studio: Yaoyorozu

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

The science-fiction action story follows girls who fight with weird entities nicknamed "mushi" (bugs) and survive in a world of red fog

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
    Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

If not a bug, what is he?

Not much makes sense here as Rin, Ritsu, and the four Rinas are out busting bugs in a red fog, all while Wakaba shows up out of nowhere and is suddenly attacked by Rinako having been mistaken for a bug. But to prove that he wasn't a bug, he helped out those girls locate a bug so that they could defeat it. Seeing that this is by the same guy who did Kemono Friends and is doing this instead of the sequel that I need to remind myself that the show didn't get off to a flying start, which is the case here as things just happened without the foundation being laid down in a sensible manner.

So as usual, this show will go through its usual trial period as I don't have a clear picture after just a single episode, but hopefully I'll have a better one once I see more of it.
    Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Still can't be trusted.

And now, an episode that explains a lot of things, all while Rin and company still don't trust Wakaba even though they know for sure he's not a bug as a Kemurikusa is supposed to kill him instead of heal if he were a bug. Nevertheless, it's a pretty bad situation for Wakaba seeing that leaving the island means somebody dying, and he would be the first to go. Not much happens here, and I'll have to wait and see what comes of this before deciding if the magic from Kemono Friends transfers over into this show as it started out really slow before it settled into what it wanted to be all along.

Comment

Episode 3

Everybody, drink up.

More of the same from the previous episode as everybody travels on Midori, whose vines are pretty useful when the rails end. They are onto the next island where they finally have some water to drink up, and the girls can last for several days with just one serving. And then they come across more danger with a sudden quake causing Wakaba to nearly bite the dust after going to save those crystals. Not much happens here as it's just more traveling.

So I'll give this show one more episode before deciding whether or not to continue as this show has been testing my patience, but I'm hoping that it taps into the charm that made Kemono Friends what it is that didn't come to fruition until the second half of that show.

Comment

Episode 4

On shaky high ground.

After two episodes without a bug encounter, they are now up against a Nushi type, which is much stronger than the average bug, and it attacks in an unexpected place. And Rina's source of power is revealed in her dress, which came in handy against the bug. But it wouldn't have been possible had it not been for Wakaba's observation there seeing that the bug reacts to the Kemurikusa. Rin was prepared to take one for the team, but Wakaba's quick thinking made that unnecessary. Pretty ominous how all that went.

So with that, the trial period is over, and right now it's looking like it won't make the cut, but I'm not quite ready to definitively say so right now.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X