X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] Meiji Tokyo Renka Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    明治東亰恋伽

An otome game adaptation where the heroine is isekaied to an alternative version of the Meiji era where ghosts are real and she can see these bishonen ghosts of historical figures.

Airs: Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Studio: TMS Entertainment

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Mei Ayazuki is just your ordinary, everyday high-school girl. That is until one night, when the moon is full and red, she?s transported through time to the Meiji Period by Charlie, a self-proclaimed magician.

She ends up in a strange, Meiji-era ?Tokyo? where the existence of ghosts is accepted. Led by Charlie, she finally arrives at the Rokumeikan. There, waiting for her to arrive, are the historical figures Ougai Mori, Shunsou Hishida, Otojirou Kawakami, Kyouka Izumi, Gorou Fujita, Yakumo Koizumi, and Tousuke Iwasaki.

Whilst interacting with these men, she discovers she is a Tamayori - someone who can see ghosts - a skill that is highly valued in the Meiji Period. Due to these powers, her relationship with the men begins to change? As she gets to know these handsome men in a new era she just can?t get used to, a love begins to grow within her.

Will Mei be able to return to her time? What will become of her love - a love that crosses the boundaries of time and space?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

She really did see a ghost.

So it begins with Mei being isekaied to the past thanks to Charlie's magic trick that had unexpected results as she's back in the past, and is enjoying a ball with a bunch of charming men. But things get out of hand after a certain chain of events as the smell of roast beef led Mei to bumping into the guy carrying it, to be caught by another guy, who throws it to Charlie, and then a fox was about to be executed by Fujita before Mei steps in revealing that she can see ghosts. And that's pretty much the gist of the premise there. I wasn't expecting much out of this show knowing the very low success rate otoge adaptations have, but I have seen stuff much worse than this as while it's far from good, it's not as bad as I was expecting.

So with that, I'll put it through the usual trial period rules. While it's a longshot that I watch this, at least I'm into it enough to give it fair shot.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Until the next full moon...

And Mei is filled in about the world she is in as she's stuck there until the next full moon, all while she learns about what a Tayamori is all about. While that's happening, she's chatting over some sukiyaki as while she would gladly settle for those beef bowls, she's being treated to something even better. That had some pretty amusing moments there seeing her getting used to life in the Meiji era as it's going to be awhile before she can return home. Not bad considering that this show has all the typical problems of otome games, but at least having a MC that isn't so dumb and helpless makes things more tolerable to say the least.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X