X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] Wataten! An Angel Flew Down to Me Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    私に天使が舞い降りた!

A yuri comedy where a college student falls in love with an elementary school girl who is her little sister's best friend. Of course, given the quirky nature of the relationship that a lot of craziness is bound to happen.

Airs: Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Studio: Doga Kobo

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

One day, fifth grader Hinata Hoshino brings her friend Hana Shirosaki to her house, and Hinata's sister Miyako, a college student, falls in love with with Hana at first sight. Miyako manages to get along with Hana somehow, but her clumsy behavior and shyness, makes Hana wary. Even so, Hana gradually opens up to Miyako, who wants to become closer to her.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
    Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Made in heaven.

Miyako sure has some screws loose as her relationship with Hana is pretty creepy. So much that she can't think straight as while it isn't much of a problem for a grown woman to eat sweets before dinner, not so much with little kids. Nevertheless, Hana and Hinata are really cute, and it's no wonder why Miyako absolutely adores Hana. Pretty cute this show is, and while it isn't over-the-top like Uzamaid is, it figures to be another fun show int he typical style of Doga Kobo.

So like always, trial period rules apply as I'll take a few more episode to evaluate its place. It's a show that's higher on my interest list, so that's something I'll take into consideration once I settle on my season watchlist.
    Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

And now we have our third yuri lolicon show in a row, but Miyako is way less nuts that Satou or Tsubame. I have a feeling that these girls (especially the one at the end) are going to make her life a living hell.
      Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Episode 2

Who's the cutest one of all?

Here comes Nao, and she's not afraid to brag about how cute she is. Of course, Miyako has some weird tastes when it comes to fashion there. And then comes a game of hide and seek where Miyako ends up breaking a closet door that was pretty funny. After a somewhat disturbing first episode, the appearance of Nao has made for a better episode. And then the other two girls will be the focal point of the next episode as they aren't taking long to introduce the characters. They are skipping around in the manga, but seeing that there's no overall story to speak of that it's fine to do things like that to get all the interesting parts in.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

And we're introduced to Noa. the cute little devil who makes Miyako's life a living hell. She does have a weak point, and it's praise that is her fuel. The ED is adorable as hell, though. Happy HAPPY FRIENDS!
          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Episode 3

Notice me more, sister.

Once again, there are two parts as the first half the girls were playing a board game that was designed for Miyako to play, and then the second half the girls are doing something silly like staying in the shadows on their way home. It pretty much drives home the point that Hana is not exactly pleased with Miyako trying to hug her, all while Hinata is not getting enough attention from her sister. But that got somewhat fixed there at the end. Pretty silly episode that was seeing that the whole game was just about pointless, all while Hinata just hasn't been getting the attention with Hana and Noa stealing it away, especially when Hinata didn't dress up.

So with that, I'll give it one more episode before making a decision on this show that's on the bubble at this moment.

Comment

Episode 4

She's feeling the heat.

It's summer time, and while Noa is all ready to go to the beach, not so much with Hana and Hinata as these girls are just taking a dip in an inflatable pool in the backyard and that led to some really quirky moments seeing that Miyako is not exactly a big fan of school swimsuits that Hana is wearing. And then it's off to the summer festival where Yori and Kanon are introduced, and they couldn't be more different with Yori so hot-tempered and Kanon the calm and collected one. And Miyako ought to realize her surroundings better seeing that she's mistaken for a stalker with the way she was taking pictures of Hana, Hinata, and Noa. Anyway, everybody had a good time there despite the riffraff going on.

So with that, the trial period for this show has expired, and while it does have the creepiness factor that I was expecting, the girls are still a fun bunch to be around. Anyway, no decision has been made at this moment, but it's a bubble show for this season.

Comment

Episode 5

Her hands are tied.

Koyori and Kanon were introduced last time, and now they get the majority of focus here as Koyori is the typical impulsive type while Kanon is the calm and more outspoken type. That's on full display as Koyori just is terrible at kitchen scorching those cookies. And then they come home where Miyako has made cheerleading outfits, but she's cosplaying herself. And then Kanon's hands are tied together by a jump rope that was tied with quite a complex knot there that it took a lot of effort for Koyori to undo. Pretty silly episode that was, but of course those girls were all meant for each other. Next time, the focus is on Miyako as she realizes that she has been lagging behind as a college student.

Comment

Episode 6

Fit for a friend.

So after spending the first five episodes on the girls, this one is all about Miyako as she has a life beyond all this loli-gagging. She's a college student who is aspiring to become a fashion designer, and she does attend school while the kids are away at school. So all this cosplaying and stuff is not because of her fetish, but it's helping her become who she wants to be when she grows up. And while she admits she doesn't have any friends, there's someone out there who has been secretly stalking her in Koko, and she comes across as being a creep, but she's quite passionate about those girls who made a visit during a day off for their school. And then the mothers for Hana and Noa drop by to meet Miyako. She doesn't realize it, but Miyako does have some very good friends around, and not just those kids.

Comment

Episode 7

How's this for a birthday present?

Hinata is out with a cold, and while she's willing to tough it out, Miyako won't let it happen. But all it took was some rest and she's all better. And then it's Miyako's birthday and her present is a voucher that allows her to have the girls do one thing that she wants, and that is to get Noa to impersonate her. And she also dresses up seeing that those hairpins that Hana gave her just don't go well with that tracksuit Miyako always wears. Once again, those girls show their quirky personalities.

Comment

Episode 8

Miyako's new clothes.

Miyako might be aspiring to be a fashion designer, but she designs clothes for others and not herself seeing that she only wears a tracksuit at home that she kept from her high school days, all while wearing plain stuff to college and everywhere else outside the house. So she goes shopping for clothes taking Hinata and the other girls along. And along the way, they run into Koko again as she has a little sister Yu that's about the same age as Hinata, and a dog named after her. Once again, Koko manages to outcreep Miyako there, but it's all good seeing that Hinata made a new friend. In the end, Miyako ended up just buying fabric to make something with and not actual clothes she can wear right off the bat, and I have seen something like this in a certain other Doga Kobo show where the mall trip ended up procuring new clothes, but not exactly what a family member had in mind.

Comment

Episode 9

Movies make the girl look cute.

Pretty cute episode that was, first seeing Noa and Hinata going out on a "date" to the movies, then looking back at Miyako in the past, giving the kids her old clothes to wear, and then that sleepover where the girls are watching a horror movie on Noa's insistence. Everybody sure is getting along there. On the other hand, not so much with Koko as she continues to be the creepy stalker who just can't get enough of Miyako.

Comment

Episode 10

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Miyako is sporting a new look with clothes given to her by Koko, and she looks great in them. This coming after she had fixed up Noa's frizzled hair, and got new look herself with those hairpins. She goes out with Hana to get some cream puffs, and that time out was really cute. And Hana gets quite attached to her seeing that there will come a time when Hana goes far away. Very nice to see those two getting along, and for a change Miyako wears something really nice as opposed to her tracksuit at home. While Koko continues to be creepy with her stalker mindset, at least she's did something good in this situation.

Comment

Episode 11

Girls, take the stage.

The culture festival is coming up, and these girls are doing a play. So naturally being the aspiring fashion designer that she is, Miyako is making the costumes. The other girls are helping out, though Hana and Yori in particular aren't exactly good at this kind of stuff. And then comes the festival with Miyako going around dressed up suspiciously, but she didn't need to attend like that seeing that the look only drew attention. Pretty cute episode that was, and now it will all end with the girls putting on a play.

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

The angels have arrived.

And to end this show, the girls put on a play and brought the house down with it. Quite an extravagant showing that was, though I would have a hard time believing that something that good would be able to fit on a stage, much less something performed by elementary school kids. Nevertheless, it's a great way to end this show as Miyako was quite a big help there making those costumes, all while Hana totally nailed it as the lead angel. So that does it for another comedy by Doga Koba and while it was lacking in standout qualities like Uzamaid, at least it made for a good time.

Overall, this show is a mixed bag with a number of good things about it, as well as not-so-good things. As for the good things, this show has a nicely structured story, it does an fine job with character development, the humor is solid, and the little girls are really great. However, this show amps up the creepiness factor of the adults way too much, the animation quality is certainly not Doga Kobo's best effort, and it doesn't attempt to do anything outside the box opting to stay tried and true. So in the end, this show is highly flawed, but enjoyably so that provides satisfaction to those who are into this kind of show.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X