X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] Kakegurui xx Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    賭ケグルイ??

The sequel to Kakegurui. Yumeko continues to challenge the students at a school for the filthy rich where everything is decided through gambling as if everybody was in Vegas.

Airs: Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Studio: Mappa

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Netflix

Season 1 Thread

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mash Kyrielight, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Sirius the Jaeger, Shobitch, Machiavellism, Anonymous Noise, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Hanging by a thread.

This episode pretty much feels more like a transitional prologue than anything here as Yumeko is engaged in another gambling game against one of Kirari's subordinates, and then it switches over to the student council as Kirari herself steps down as the president, and brings in even more students to try and sent Yumeko packing. That match against Erimi pretty much reminded me how much I love Yumeko as once again, just when the opponent had rigged the game in their favor, Yumeko's heightened sense of observation is able to see through that. In this case, the game is to cut strings and whoever loses their finger from the guillotine is the loser. But for Erimi, the blade won't cut her's off. Quite a reckless bet that was, but with Midari involved, the masochist doesn't mind. Not the greatest of episodes here, but certainly this is what it needed to do in order to get back in the thick of things seeing that the first season's ending is anime-original and made in a way in that it doesn't affect the story moving forward given the end result.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mash Kyrielight, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Sirius the Jaeger, Shobitch, Machiavellism, Anonymous Noise, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X