X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] Dororo (2019) Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    どろろ

A remake of the 60's show by the famed manga pioneer Osamu Tezuka about a young thief going on adventures with a ronin with a prosthetic body after his father offered him up to the devils.

Airs: Monday, January 7, 2019

Studio: Mappa

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

A samurai lord has bartered away his newborn son's organs to forty-eight demons in exchange for dominance on the battlefield. Yet, the abandoned infant survives thanks to a medicine man who equips him with primitive prosthetics?lethal ones with which the wronged son will use to hunt down the multitude of demons to reclaim his body one piece at a time, before confronting his father. On his journeys the young hero encounters an orphan who claims to be the greatest thief in Japan.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mash Kyrielight, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Sirius the Jaeger, Shobitch, Machiavellism, Anonymous Noise, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Selling his soul to the devil.

So it begins with Daigo offering up his son to the devils in order to bring wealth and prosperity to the land, and that left him in such a wreck. Years later, Dororo meets that guy as the one now known as Hyakkimaru is out to defeat the demons that have wronged him. Pretty interesting relationship that those two are forming, and so far it's off to a nice start there. While I never watched the original series from the days of black and white TV programming, I am very intrigued with what this show has to offer.

As usual, the show will be subjected to trial period rules as I continue to try out shows before deciding whether or not this show makes the cut.
    Watching: Sirius the Jaeger, Shobitch, Machiavellism, Anonymous Noise, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Can't fool him.

Their first adventure together leads them to a village whose chief just so happens to be a demon disguised as a lady who claims she can't stand up. While all the villagers were fooled, not Hyakkimaru as he saw through that facade as he could sense her evil intent. That just goes to show that being blind has its advantages there as nobody would ever suspect that something's amiss about her. So after a very strong start, this episode does a great job in following it up as this adventure figures to be so full of twists and turns along the way.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X