X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] Pastel Memories Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ぱすてるメモリーズ

A show about girls working at one of the last remaining otaku shops in Akihabara looking to revive the culture after it had declined thanks to a virus that wipes memories of it.

Airs: Monday, January 7, 2018

Studio: GoHands

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

The story takes place in a future Akihabara where otaku culture has declined. Players play as a shopkeeper of an otaku shop. Together with the heroines who are in fact otaku girls, the shopkeeper start helping people claim their lost otaku memories back.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
    Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

A world without otakus.

Well, that was a snoozefest of a first episode there as not much happens here. The girls are introduced, the setting is established as the otaku culture has suddenly vanished as Akihabara is becoming a coffee district, and the girls at the otaku shop are getting ready to try and save memories of one of their favorite manga series. I wasn't expecting much out of it seeing that this was created to market a mobile game, and so far that's exactly the case here as this studio doesn't have a great reputation.

So I'll give it another episode, but chances are this will get the quick hook. It will all come down to what happens next as the girls are about to go on their first anti-otaku virus busting mission.
    Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Is the order an eel?

And the girls go virus busting as the fix the Rabbit Cafe, which has become the Eel Cafe. But after beating the one responsible for this in Maya, everything is back to normal, and Welcome to the Rabbit Cafe is now in the minds of the otaku again. Well, that was pretty much as I thought there, and this show has nothing going for it.

So with that, I'm letting the viruses take over this show as I don't want it in my memories anymore. So to the drop pile this show goes.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X