X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Winter 2019] How Clumsy You Are, Miss Ueno Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    上野さんは不器用

A short about a a genius girl who is anything but when it comes to confessing her love. Episodes are half-length.

Airs: Sunday, January 6, 2018

Studio: Lesprit

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

Ueno-san, who is in her third year of junior high school, is in love with the concept of falling in love. She makes full use of her inventions and tries to show it off to Tanaka, her Science Club kouhai.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

A universe under the skirt.

Ueno sure is doing a lot of crazy things as she has much better ways to use her talents. But she's really pushing the envelope there with her perverted inventions there from getting Tanaka to drink her purified pee, or putting a universe under a girl's skirt to put a stop to those pervy boys from getting a look at their panties, she's got some screws loose. Not exactly the best of starts as the humor here was in poor taste, but I'm hoping things get a bit better as that was in rather poor taste.

So trial rules apply as usual, but with this being a half-length short that it will be evaluated under a different set of rules compared to the rest of the field.
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

He doesn't like the smell of it.

And now, Ueno has created something that h Tanaka smelling her tights, and seeing that she spent quite a lot of time working up a sweat while wearing them that it's no wonder they smell bad. And then she gets an ass-kicking there and it got so ugly that there was a disclaimer letting everybody know not to do this in real life. Pretty funny stuff once again, though I would like them to move on from those underwear jokes and do something different.

Comment

Episode 3

No nude, no life.

Ueno's next inventions are an anti-peeping device and a water bottle that draws water from the Milky Way. The Kilt Hide puts a universe in all the good parts to protect the girls from peepers in the locker room, and Kitanaga is out walking in the nude thanks to that invention. And then there's that portable water bottle as Ueno hopes to score an indirect kiss from Tanaka, but it failed as he drank from a different one. Pretty amusing inventions this time around.

Comment

Episode 4

Make a pet.

The next of Ueno's crazy inventions are a robot of herself, and a device that can turn anything into a pet. With the robot, Ueno was hoping that Tanaka notices it's a fake, and that would prompt him to search for the real Ueno, but that didn't happen when Tanaka fully believed robo-Ueno to be the real thing. And then Ueno creates Tambo out of her tights hoping to get a part of herself onto Tanaka, but Tambo is just way too attached to Ueno seeing that she had been wearing it all this time. Pretty silly this turn of events was.

So with that, the trial period is over, and while the comedy has been hit or miss, it's still enjoyable enough for me to continue. That said, I'm not quite ready to make a decision on this show at this moment.

Comment

Episode 5

High and dry.

Ueno's inventions never fail to amuse even though they keep failing. First, there's Robo-Ueno cleaning up Yamashita's mess after she wet her panties in the lab. Then there's Ueno's sportswear designed to absorb sweat no matter how much it is, all while it gets converted into drinking water. Pretty amusing these are.

And thus, I have decided to keep on watching this show as it provides enough for a half-length show.

Comment

Episode 6

Need an umbrella?

Fresh off the umbrella drama yesterday in Kaguya-sama, here's another one as it's raining and Tanaka forgot his umbrella. But Ueno conveniently has an invention that's better than an umbrella as it creates a force field that repels rain. Only problem is that it activates anywhere there's water as it just so happens that Ueno's ass gets wet leading to Yamashita having to fix the problem. And then comes the E-Q Booster that's supposed to make Ueno at sports, but it fails spectacularly as Tanaka totally owned her and could have killed her had Yamashita not intervened. Once again, Ueno just keeps coming up with all sorts of weird inventions.

Comment

Episode 7

On the menu, panties.

Ueno just never fails to create these useless inventions, especially with one of them not working. First, she cooks panties and had the lunch lady give Tanaka less food so that he would come hungry, and surprisingly he ate those panties. And then Ueno creates a gatcha machine where the user gets what he's thinking, but Yamashita's panties and Kitanaga's swimsuit aren't exactly what Tanaka had in mind. Pretty silly stuff again.

Comment

Episode 8

A sucker for inventions.

Next up is a pill that allows one to talk while sleeping as Ueno hopes to use this to get Tanaka to unconsciously confess to him, but unfortunately for her its potency is weak as after a few short minutes he's awake. And then Tanaka's sisters drop by to test out her special lollipop that tastes however the sucker wants it to leading to all sorts of arguments and stuff. Pretty crazy stuff once again as Ueno never fails at her failed inventions, all while it's great to see those twins getting involved.

Comment

Episode 9

Wardrobe malfunction.

Ueno creates some clothing items that are either not practical or not functioning properly. She sports some compression shorts that can be used to charge smartphones, but the trick is to rub her thighs to generate enough power, which is not exactly practical when all that needs to happen is to plug the thing into an outlet. And then Ueno has a swimsuit where by getting it wet, allows her to float, but it has problems in that the wearer can't control where she's going. Ueno has a crazy sense of fashion with that.

Comment

Episode 10

Girls do grow leg hair.

Pretty funny stuff once again as Ueno's inventions never fail to amuse. First off is a nekomimi headband with a built-in lewd alert that puts up a police siren when a lewd act is about to happen, which is more of a nuisance than anything. And then she creates some gloves that are design to smooth out whatever it touches, like that scratchy desk. But it's primary goal is to get rid of leg hair and smooth the skin, which is something a girl wants as, yes Tanaka, girls to get leg hair contrary to what he thinks. Ueno just keeps on bringing in the weird goods.

Comment

Episode 11

Now you see them, now you don't.

Ueno's inventions continue to be hilarious. First, there are a new pair of bloomers meant to allow the wearer to sit anywhere, and on top of Tanaka's face Ueno thought she had the perfect plan to get her ass in his face, but Tanaka's reaction wouldn't let it happen. And then she creates a skirt that automatically guards against male onlookers. Just one problem with the Tennis Club captain is that she changed skirts with Tanaka in hte room. Ueno jus continues to make all sorts of wild and crazy things.

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

Let us hold hands, or not.

For the last two inventions, Ueno has created a set of eyes to combat those peeping at the gymnastics club girls, and wristbands that allow wearers to hear what the person holding hands with is thinking. Unogawa sure was trying to recruit Ueno seeing that she is lacking in exercise. Then the show ends with a lot of fighting as it did not work for Yamashita. Pretty hilarious way to end this show as Ueno continues to come up with impractical stuff.

Overall, this show show was full of hit or miss humor as the ones that hit are very funny and enjoyable to see, but the ones that miss are pretty cringeworthy to watch. The beginning was mostly miss, but as the show progresses the humor gets better. Anyway, this show is a pretty nice comedy overall with interesting characters, crazy inventions, and of course nice humor when done right. However, this show's biggest problems are the animation quality, though not surprising for a short it still is not exactly ideal, and the repetitive humor as most of it centered around fanservice or the lack of it. In all, it was enjoyable for its short runtime.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X