X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] Tsurune Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ツルネ ―風舞高校弓道部―

A sports show about pretty high school boys doing archery.

Airs: Sunday, October 21, 2018

Studio: Kyoto Animation

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The story follows Minato Narumiya. Minato played Japanese archery in middle school, but after a certain incident, he ran away from the sport. In high school, Minato meets new friends, and together as part of their school's archery club they aim to win the prefectural tournament.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: MHA season 2, Testament SND Burst, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

He's off target.

So it begins with the MC, a guy with great talent, reluctant to take part in the sport he once had great passion for. In this case, Minato was well known for having a divine form of shooting, but ever since his mother died, he put down his bow to fill her shoes in at home seeing that his father is always busy with work. To get him to get back in the game, a childhood friend drags him into the club, and he reluctantly takes up the bow to show off his skill, but of course with his state of mind he shows just how far he has fallen. The foundation has been laid well, and it will be interesting to see where this leads to as Minato is another one of those sports anime MCs who just needs to rediscover his passion, and he's well on his way to glory. Pretty typical start for a sports anime involving a talented, but emotionally scarred MC.

With that, the trial rules apply, though because of its late start I probably will give it one less episode than usual to make my decision.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Definitely looking to be one of the only KyoAni shows weak enough for me to drop. Pretty enough as with all of their shows, but even that isn't remarkable by their standards like, say, Violet Evergarden, and that's really all it has going for it.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Straight as an arrow.

These past ten months were quite tough on Minato as it was a simple matter of not hearing that sound, and thus his skills suffered from it. And here comes Masaki as he's a mysterious guy, especially with the 10,000 arrows pledge. At least Minato is taking up the bow again, but it remains to be seen if his passion and dedication for the sport will take off again.

Comment

Episode 3

They got his back.

This episode focuses on the other members of the archery team as they are pretty much like the Free! characters. There's the MC Minato, who is much like Haru with his stubbornness streak, Ryohei is the responsible childhood friend like Makoto, Nanao is somebody who is hard to take seriously like Hazuki, Seiya is the smart one like Rei, and Kacchan is the jerk (at least in the beginning) like Rin, though that last one is a bit of a stretch. Anyway, it's good to see the other members getting focus, especially Ryohei since he knows Minato better than anybody, and just needs some motivation to get him to join the club. So now that the club is together, it's go time with a tournament coming up.

So with that, I'll need to decide on this show soon as it's on the bubble and is going to be one of the last shows in if it does make the cut.

Comment

Episode 4

Need more practice.

Those boys realize just how much practice they need when the girls plus their coach and a retired veteran totally dominate them in a practice match. So they have to pick weeds as a penalty, but that served as great motivation to get better, so good for them. And Masaki's archery, that is simply graceful and beautiful.

So with that, the time is near for me to finalize my watchlist as I need to figure out which show will be the last one out.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X