X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] A Certain Magical Index III Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    とある魔術の禁書目録Ⅲ

The third season of the show set in a city where science rules and magic drools where the story focuses on a guy whose luck is as bad as it gets, and a nun who is actually a miniature library for grimoires. The war between magic and science continues.

Airs: Friday, October 5, 2018

Studio: J.C. Staff

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

As luck would have it...

It has been quite awhile since this show was put out as this is quite a long novel series, and the two seasons barely scratched the surface. As usual, Touma is down on his luck as he runs into so many unfortunate incidents like always. But the attack on Academy City has put everybody on edge, and now Touma is going to France with Tsuchimikado after his friend kills some old lady who is on the board of directors and fears that the church is up to something wicked again. So it's off to France as the war between magic and science continues, and it's nice to get reacquainted with everybody as that's how most of the episode is spent.

Seeing that I have seen everything in the Acceleraildex (remember that the Accelerator spinoff is getting an anime adaptation) series dubbed that I think I'll be following the simuldub after this arc, and I know when I reach the end as that's when Touma ends up in the hospital.
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Grounded.

And Touma is back at it again using his right hand to fight back and taking all the blows as he is in France on a mission to put a stop to the Document of C. Itsuwa and Stiyl are back, and they have quite a tough task ahead as they need to stop a power stream, but that's not easy as long as they are dealing with Terra as this earth mage is just as formidable as the wind mage Vento was. Pretty eventful episode that was going to show that this problem is going to be tough to fix.

Comment

Re: Episode 1+

I loved Index. I loved Railgun. Now that this is finally available, I'm just too damn lost with this 3rd season, as it's been so long since I've rewatched both series. This is a seriously rich season for me, and there are a lot of shows that I'll be binging the earlier seasons before hitting up the new stuff. Sure, I remember the mains, but the details can get fuzzy or lost, and are often important. This show looks gorgeous. But I've some catching up to do...bbl.
        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
        3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 3

He doesn't remember.

So it turns out that Touma lost his memories as there's a lot more to the Imagine Breaker than he thought. In the meantime, Academy City is attacking in retaliation for their assault on Academy City, and it's causing a lot more trouble for Touma and company seeing that he was about to crush Terra knowing that his special weapon has a weakness that only one target can be attacked at a time. And now Mikoto knows about Touma's amnesia, so it will be interesting to see where all this leads to as now there's Acqua to deal with after he punishes Terra for his incompetence. There sure is a lot of chaos on many fronts.

Comment

Episode 4

War in the city.

And now, the focus shifts back to Academy city where chaos is going on ever since the invasion at the end of the second season. Things are told mostly from Accelerator's perspective as he's leading Group into cleaning up the shadiness going on in the city, while Shiage is in on the action as well. It's great to see Item again as this is their first appearance in the Index series after being prominently featured in the Railgun series. Pretty chaotic here, all while School is definitely scheming something big in all this chaos.

So with that, I'm now continuing this show on the simuldub schedule as I said I would with this being the beginning of the next arc, which took me by surprise since it usually ends with Touma in the hospital, but it didn't happen this time around.

Comment

Episode 5

Everything matters.

More chaos and fighting there as these teams are all fighting it out one-up each other in an arms race. Lots of fighting, and not much clarity here as the only thing that is clear is that there is something so dangerous around that in the wrong hands it means certain doom. Anyway, the action was nicely done, but at the same time the story just wasn't told very well.

Comment

Episode 6

This time, it's personal.

That Dark Matter bastard sure caused a lot of destruction there, both involving Hamazura and Accelerator and their groups. First, he tries to kill Hamazura, which leads to Mugino going crazy in making Takitsubo overexert herself to take down in revenge, and Mugino killing Frenda, and Hamazura having to fight Mugino. And then he takes it to Accelerator, who lets him know how much he hates Aleister. That was just all sorts of chaotic there, and Touma wasn't there to see it all going down. Not to mention Mugino just went berserk and killing Frenda was totally uncalled for. Nevertheless, it goes to show that Dark Matter is going to be quite a formidable foe to take down.

Comment

Episode 7

Hand over that hand.

It's back to Academy City as Touma now has a bodyguard in Itsuwa, all while the other girls get the wrong idea as to be expected, and Mikoto is aware that Touma has amnesia. But the way the episode ended was brutal there with Touma getting beat up by Acqua, and is asked to hand over his right arm. Just when she thought that she had Touma protected, Acqua is not somebody to be messed with. Touma has been in this situation before, so it's nothing new.

Comment

Episode 8

Knightmare in Academy City.

So it turns out that Acqua was set to become a knight, but decided that he couldn't handle the responsibilities that come along with it. Itsuwa and company put up a great fight there with a strategy that would take down most foes. But Acqua is at a much higher level, and as such they are in a jam once again. And while Touma is in the hospital again, it's not to end an arc as he's there because of the possibility of amputating his hand to give in to Acqua's demand. Everybody is in a tight situation.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X