X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] Merc Storia Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    メルクストーリア -無気力少年と瓶の中の少女-

A show about about a boy going on an adventure with a monster in the form of a fairy in a bottle.

Airs: Thursday, October 11, 2018

Studio: Encourage Films

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Merc Storia takes places in a world where humans and monsters coexist. The protagonist, Yuu, is a healer apprentice and possesses the ability to tame monsters. In a quest to regain the memories of Merc, a girl confined in a bottle, the pair embarks on a journey.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: Ghost Hunt, Seraph S2, AOT S2, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Making friends out of enemies.

So it begins with Yuu embarking on a journey with his girlfriend in a bottle as he goes around taming a gigantic beast that nearly had him falling down. He is helped by a bunny, but he was no match at his size. In the end, that beast was tamed and the place is at peace. This show was meant to advertise a smartphone game, so as such I didn't come into this show expecting much. It was alright, and while I'm certainly open to watching it, there are shows I'm far more interested in this season to fit it in.

With that, trial period rules apply as usual, and I'll give it another episode or two to see if it can build my interest.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

At last a sequel to Bottle Fairy. Ok all jokes aside, Merc is of interest. She's adorable and got plenty of fun moments. Hopefully there will be enough of her each episode. My main worry is she'll start getting sidelined for random annoying scenes, we'l see
      "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
      Avatar: Princess Rei of SaGa Frontier

Comment

Episode 2

No need to get married.

Yuu's next adventure takes him to a village where a girl has run away to as Lily none too pleased about her arranged marriage. And there, Yuu meets up with Harshut, the eldest son of the mayor. Make that eldest daughter as it turns out Harshut is a trap posing as a guy. After going thorugh a lot and Yuu dealing with a monster, LIly's feelings are respected, and an alliance is formed without having to go through with the marriage. That was pretty ironic how things went down, but of course things always work out in a show like this.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X