X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] As Miss Beelzebub Likes It Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ベルゼブブ嬢のお気に召すまま。

A show about a guy serving a demon lord who just doesn't act like one as she's into fluffy stuff, which isn't exactly reflective of a demon.

Airs: Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Studio: Liden Films

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Beelzebub is a great demon lord who rules over several millions of demons. Mullin, who decides to serve the demon lord, learns that not only does Beelzebub lack the poise of a great demon, but is also a laid-back girl who likes fluffy things. Thus begins the daily-life comedy revolving around the many villains in the demon world.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

So full of fluff.

That was some amusing interactions there between Mullin and Beelzebub seeing that while Mullin is pretty serious about his job as her attendant, Beelzebub gets lost in thought when she's surrounded by fluffy things. Such is the case here when she gets a fluffy sweater, as well as getting some other fluffy things. And that animation style goes to show that there's a lot of irony in this show as Hell is normally seen as a dark and desolate place, not a bright and lively one as depicted in this show.

So as usual, trial rules apply. There are some things I liked, some things that I didn't here, but given the show's style, it might be something that will take some time to get used to.
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

There's a soft side to him.

So after being introduced to Mullin and Beelzebub, two more co-workers are introduced in the hulking, silent guy in Azazel, and the shy girl who needs to make frequent trips to the bathroom in Belphegor. Azazel may be manly, but he's into cute things like teddy bears and he is great at his job seeing that he helps out Mullin when he's in a tough spot. Then there's Gocchin that is afraid of Azazel, and Mullin is trying to get her to get along with him knowing that he's harmless despite his looks. That was pretty amusing there going to show that these demons are anything but menacing.

Comment

Episode 3

Assistants in fluff.

And the crazy characters continue to be introduced. First with Astaroth, the fallen angel who has taken up Beelzebub as his imouto, and Sargatanas, a gunslinger who is tough and intimidating, but she falls for cute stuff just like everybody except Mullin does. These characters just continue to make this show amusing going to show that this version of Hell is anything but what it's supposed to be.

So with that, I'll give this show one more episode before making a decision. So far, it has been nice and relaxing, but also getting repetitive as well.

Comment

Episode 4

In sickness and in health.

The latest crazy demon is Eurynome as she's everything one would want in a waifu. Except that she's a shotacon, so a boyfriend just would not stand a chance against these little boys she so lives. Even so, her love for boys is really cute. And then Mullin has to take a day of from work having gotten sick, and Beelzebub's withdrawal is just too much for her to bear, so she's coming over to take care of him. While that's all well and good, she should have known better than to kiss him while he's sick as she caught her cold. Nevertheless, it was a lot of fun to see all that going down.

So with that, I'll go ahead and call this show in as this is one of the better episodes of this show. I'm enjoying everything that goes on despite the lack of a story and other issues.

Comment

Episode 5

Can't do things by the book.

The next crazy character to be introduced is Dantalion, a boy who is apparently a lot older than he looks, and he loves to read, as well as sleep a lot in the library. And because he's a little boy that Eurynome has her sights set on him. Then it's another adventure in the kitchen as Belphegor wants to cook brownies for Azazel, but she has absolutely no clue how to do it. Neither does Beelzebub as she has her personal chef cooking for her all the time. Pretty funny seeing Beelzebub pouring hot water on the chocolate to melt it rather than putting the chocolate in a bowl. And that was great to see Belphegor's reaction after giving the brownies to Azazel going to show that everybody is nuts.

Comment

Episode 6

Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening she.

Beelzebub encounters something that she dislikes. First of all, she dislikes not working with high heel shoes as it just affects her ability to reach high on the shelves. Thankfully, she has a dedicated fashion designer at her side to fix that problem after her heel snapped. And then there's lighting as it reminds her of the time she was locked out of heaven. But only Azazel knows about it, and now Mullin as he's determined to keep the secret. That just goes to show that everybody has stuff they like and stuff they dislike, and Beelzebub is no exception.

Comment

Episode 7

Dirty thoughts are bad.

Astaroth is such a pervert there, first in building a hot springs bath when he was instructed to use the money to build a gym with the justification that a gym can't exist without a bath, and then feeding Beelzebub with dirty stuff when it comes to asking Mullin to get to know him better. Poor Mullin ended up getting the worst of it as he was the fall guy for Astaroth trying to take a peak, and his mind is all screwed up when being asked by Beelzebub some really inappropriate questions suggested by Astaroth. Pretty typical playboy stuff that Astaroth is doing.

Comment

Episode 8

Welcome to the cute cafe.

These guys just keep on doing amusing things. First, it's Sargatanas going to a cafe to meet one of those fluffy gossomers, and she went as far as to disguise herself, but she ought to make better wardrobe decisions as her curves are exposed, and that mask makes her look shady. And as luck would have it, she is sitting across from Azazel. And of course, Beelzebub would be there. Then it's off to the beach, and while Belphegor is already wearing a revealing outfit, she's too shy to wear a revealing swimsuit. Just leave it to Beelzebub's personal tailor to do the job, and she's ready to go to the beach. Just one problem in that it just so happens to rain on the day they were supposed to go to the beach. So much for all that.

Comment

Episode 9

They're in the mood for love.

Pretty amusing episode once again as romantic relationships are building. First, between Beelzebub and Mullin as Mullin gets the wrong idea that Beelzebub is doing nothing leading him to pursue a job at the library. And then between Belphegor and Azazel as she's dreaming and having embarrassing thoughts about him. The other characters are thinking somewhat likewise there, and it's pretty amusing to watch it all going down. Pretty cute to see these characters having these crazy thoughts and misunderstanding each other in an amusing way.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X