X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] As Miss Beelzebub Likes It Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ベルゼブブ嬢のお気に召すまま。

A show about a guy serving a demon lord who just doesn't act like one as she's into fluffy stuff, which isn't exactly reflective of a demon.

Airs: Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Studio: Liden Films

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Beelzebub is a great demon lord who rules over several millions of demons. Mullin, who decides to serve the demon lord, learns that not only does Beelzebub lack the poise of a great demon, but is also a laid-back girl who likes fluffy things. Thus begins the daily-life comedy revolving around the many villains in the demon world.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: Ghost Hunt, Seraph S2, AOT S2, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

So full of fluff.

That was some amusing interactions there between Mullin and Beelzebub seeing that while Mullin is pretty serious about his job as her attendant, Beelzebub gets lost in thought when she's surrounded by fluffy things. Such is the case here when she gets a fluffy sweater, as well as getting some other fluffy things. And that animation style goes to show that there's a lot of irony in this show as Hell is normally seen as a dark and desolate place, not a bright and lively one as depicted in this show.

So as usual, trial rules apply. There are some things I liked, some things that I didn't here, but given the show's style, it might be something that will take some time to get used to.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

There's a soft side to him.

So after being introduced to Mullin and Beelzebub, two more co-workers are introduced in the hulking, silent guy in Azazel, and the shy girl who needs to make frequent trips to the bathroom in Belphegor. Azazel may be manly, but he's into cute things like teddy bears and he is great at his job seeing that he helps out Mullin when he's in a tough spot. Then there's Gocchin that is afraid of Azazel, and Mullin is trying to get her to get along with him knowing that he's harmless despite his looks. That was pretty amusing there going to show that these demons are anything but menacing.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X