X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] My Sister, My Writer Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    俺が好きなのは妹だけど妹じゃない

Another one of those siscon shows with the really long name. In this show, the sister is secretly an author of a siscon novel, and her brother takes the credit for writing it on her behalf.

Airs: Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Studio: Naz, Magia Doraglier

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Suzuka Nagami is a beautiful third-year middle school student who has excellent grades and is the student council president. She wrote a novel about a little sister who dotes on her older brother, and the novel wins a light novel award. After they discuss the matter, Yuu is the one who debuts as a proxy light novel author instead of Suzuka, under the pen name Chikai Towano.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: MHA season 2, Testament SND Burst, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Filling in for little sister.

And so it begins with the siblings getting into writing novels. Yuu has been trying hard, but keeps on failing. Meanwhile, his sister Suzuka writes one on a whim and wins first prize for it. Since circumstances essentially forbids her from becoming an author that she has a plan to write in secret, while big brother stands in for her. Quite an awkward situation that was at the awards ceremony that Yuu somehow survives seeing that he's taking credit for something he didn't write. Interesting start here, though the boobservice felt distracting.

So with that, the usual trial procedure will determine if this show is a go or a no go this season.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

The opening sequence is interesting to someone who watched the Sister Princess anime on TV in 2001.
      The voice actresses who did the voices of the sisters in the opening sequence of the My Sister, My Writer Episode1 are the same voice actresses who had done the voices in the original Sister Princess anime.
      For Furukawa Hiroyuki, the director of My Sister, My Writer, the Sister Princess anime was the anime for which he did key-animation for the first time.
      The Sister Princess-themed card shown at the end of Episode 1 was drawn by Nitta Yasunari, who was the character designer for the Sister Princess anime.

Tech Paradise, the ero-game magazine which appeared in Episode 1, is a portmanteau word derived from real-life ero-game magazines Tech Gian and PersoCom Paradise.

Ahe-gao W Peace (lust-filled facial expression and two V-signs), which is the picture that Esaka-san showed to Nagami Yu and the name of the British ero-game artist-illustrator, is a subject of pictures which sometimes appears in otaku culture-related contexts.
      It is said that the phrase 'Ahe-gao (W) Peace' is derived from the title of a dojin ero-game (art by Misakura Nankotsu) that was released in 2010.

'Towano Chikai', the pen name used by Nagami Suzuka and later by Nagami Yu, means 'An everlasting pledge'.

Comment

Episode 2

Making a name for himself on her behalf.

While that request seems innocent enough, he has gotten himself into an inescapably awkward situation as one of his classmates is also a novelist who was at the reception, and thus Mai is using this to blackmail Yuu into doing what she wants as she was going to publicly out his identity should she not comply. And one such request is to visit his house where Suzuka sees Mai as a girl he's chasing after. And then Suzuka sees erotic stuff drawn by Double Peace as Yuu warned his sister about it, but she ignored it, all while Double Peace is none too shy about showing off her dirty drawings. This show just continues to be a low-budget mess as lots of cringeworthy stuff went on in this episode. Seeing the MC being used like that is just a lazy and poorly thought-out idea.

So I'll give this show one more episode, but chances are this show isn't going to stick.

Comment

Episode 3

Need some ideas.

With Yu continuing the charade of standing in for his sister, Suzuka has encountered writer's block with the next volume requiring a new heroine to be introduced. So Double Peace and Mai come over, cosplaying in outfits that have a well-documented fetish for, and there's this panchira discussion going to show just how ecchi Suzuka needs to aim for. At least it leads to some nice moments there at the end with Yu being supportive for Suzuki, but otherwise hat was just an excuse for fanservice to happen.

So with that, this show has officially been written off. It could have been something worthwhile, but the animation is terrible and the story just loses its appeal with all those distractions around.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X