X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] Anima Yell! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    アニマエール

A cute girls doing cute things show, in this case cheerleading.

Airs: Sunday, October 7, 2018

Studio: Doga Kobo

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The manga centers on Kohane Hatoya, a young woman who loves to be helpful to others. After she moves from middle school to high school, she becomes fascinated with cheerleading, and she starts a cheerleading club at her high school. Joining Kohane in her cheerleading activities is the experienced Hizume and Kohane's childhood friend Uki.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Wanna cheer?

This is all about character introductions and the foundation of the cheerleading club as Kohane was so impressed by the cheerleading squad that she wants to become a cheerleader herself. And then there is Uki, who is Kohane's longtime friend, and Hizume, who quit cheerleading because she was too good that it became a problem for everybody else. Kohane has the spirited personality needed to be a cheerleader, but her fear of heights is a problem. So far, it's off to a decent start here and while nothing groundbreaking, it's a show that will satisfy those who love these kinds of shows.

So like always, trial rules will apply, which means after a few more episodes I'll make a definitive decision.
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

The clothes make the cheerleader.

Kohane undergoes some training from Hizume, and she's way too caught up in the cute aspect and the outfit design that she's not exactly taking it with the utmost of seriousness. Nevertheless, those two have some interesting chemistry with each other, all while Uki is motivated to join after seeing the routine. Pretty funny to see those fight shorts that Kohane had the option to wear instead of the skirt, but of course she has her own tastes that she wants to impose on others.

Well, this show is probably on the outside looking in as while I'm always up for this kind of show, I feel that I'm not enjoying it as much as the other cute girls shows of this season. So I'll give it one more episode, but given how crowded the season is it will have to make an extraordinary impression if I am going to continue on.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Kohane has found her purpose in life. Chair! Actually I want a bunch of mini episodes with them all as chairs. I love how they handled Arima. They made sure to give us perhanps not a complete picture of her but a reasonable picture of her early on. Ie we got to see why she was reacting the way she did and even got to see regret from her. This is potentially my favorite series of the season so far. At least in my top 3.

Re: Episode 2

Then in episode 2, we got the scene with Arima concluding she'd be alone again. Showing from the start in some ways Arima needs this club and series of events to happen as much as Kohane does, maybe even more. Plus she and Kohane both needed Uki to join. After all, raising Kohane err I mean cheerleading is a task that can use as much support as possible.
        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
        Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 3

Three's an association.

Kohane sure has a lot to learn, and seeing that cheers are mostly in English that she needs to really study up. In the meantime, the three are two members short of a club, but they are now an association meaning that they have their own space to do practice. They end up in the AV room seeing that the alternative was the roof, which Kohane is not exactly thrilled with. They had a chance to get two more members, but they are already members of the home ec club. Pretty amusing stuff here going to show how thickheaded Kohane is.

So with that, I guess I'll give it one more episode before making a final decision.

Comment

Episode 4

I like how Kotetsu who joins them in this episode was introduced in the previous episode. Also so many pom poms. Kohane is dedicated. Also their choice of uniforms for the cheer association is good.

Episode 5

We get to see the Home Ec club. Who is there to feed the cheer club on behalf of Basket-ball senpai. Kohane shows us a few different sides to her. What with the way she clings to the Captain and decides to relish in the joy of Uki forgetting to change uniforms.

Hizume continues to worry about Kohane abandoning Cheer for a new interest. Which my mind translates to "Hizume is falling for Kohane and doesn't want to lose her one true love". Which of course means the real threat for Hizume is Uki.

Granted, while the show is going to tease things, I doubt it will ever go full on love complications. So yeah expect jealous Uki, but not a dramatic confession scene.
            "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Comment

Episode 6

The girls get a request from outside the school and they perofrm.

Episode 7

So part of this episode involves Hizume worried that her classmates hate her. Truth is their love for her makes them too nervous. However they all unite when they see Kohane as their rival for Hizume's love. She becoems their common enemy.

Now Kohane herself is worried about Hizume leaving the club. We've come full circle. Speaking of cirles. Red Head finally makes her move. She declares she'll challenge the cheer association for the sake of Senpai (Hizume)

Oh and we learn Kohane tried to fly when she was younger. Her actions made everyone sad and she was basically depressed over her friends becomign depresses. So she's decided heights are bad. Heights means she falls, she gets hurt, everyone is sad because of her.

Episode 8

Basically the read headed girl confronts the association. She ends up in accident that makes it so Uki can't perform. So she stands in for her. Also Uki has a lot of "Horny for Kohane moments. In the end, they gaain the fifth member. Finally, it felt like we waited forever for her.

Episode 9

Hanazawa err Kana joins what is now a club. They need to cheer for a soccer tmatch. Uki's brother is in that match. Problem though is Akane hates girly stuff. Akane also seems to hate "fun" in general. He's clearly the type that believes in being focused and not having fun with fun....

Also they gain an advisor the same way any club does, by revealing they know too much about her. Or rather they know someone who knows too much.

So this is pretty much my favorite series of the season aside from Ms.Vampire. Sure I don't talk about it much as I should, but that's true of a lot of shows here. Ugh, my forum martial arts skills have weakened over the years.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X