X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] Fairy Tail Final Season Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    FAIRY TAIL ファイナルシリーズ

The final season of the long-running TV series that will adapt to the end of Hiro Mashima's long-running manga series.

Airs: Saturday, October 6, 2018

Studio: A-1 Pictures, Bridge

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 278

Searching for guildmates.

Previously, Fairy Tail was disbanded, Makarov disappeared, and Lucy and Natsu went around searching for their former guildmates hoping to reform Fairy Tail again. Their first guildmate is Wendy, who has joined Lamia Scale, and it's a pretty good guild for her to be a member of, especially since she gets along quite well with Shelia. Can't blame her for not wanting to return seeing that there's no knowing if the guild will ever return, much less to its former glory. It's nice to be back with this show seeing that it has been a year and a half since the previous season ended.

Seeing that I have watched all of Fairy Tail dubbed that I think what I'll do is watch to the end of the Avatar arc as it airs, and then watch the final arc through the simuldub.
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 278

I always like Fairy Tail a lot when it returns, and hopefully since the manga is over, they can keep the pace going well this season.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 279

Back to where she belongs.

So Natsu meets up with an old foe he fought at Tenrou Island in Bluenote. Wendy and Shelia were having their way, but against Bluenote they just didn't stand a chance. But in comes Natsu and of course that guy is no match for him. So after all that, Wendy is back as Shelia encouraged her to go back to where she belongs and rebuild Fairy Tail. Quite a nice resolution there going to show that while Wendy values her time at Lamia Scale, it's Fairy Tail where she belongs.

Comment

Re: Episode 279

I wonder how much time we'll be spending on getting the band back together. At this rate, it could easily take up the entirety of the first cour, if not more. Not too surprising to see them use every opportunity of a returning character showing up to flash back to their previous roles in the series.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 280

Fade from Gray to black.

After Wendy joins the party, it's off to the Sabertooth guild as they run into Juvia, and it turns out that Gray is the one who would kill Frosch a year from now to turn Rogue into that psycho because Gray has joined up with Avatar, not exactly a dark guild but they are an organization that's worships Zeref like a god. It's nice to see that the Sabertooth guild members are much friendlier since the Grand Magic Games, especially Minerva who was quite the bitch, but has since done a 180. And LOL with Sting there as he got fat due to an eating contest, but somehow Minerva won it without putting on the pounds. Anyway, it will be interesting to see why Gray has gone over to the dark side, and how Natsu plans to bring him back, as well as to keep him from killing Rogue's pet.

Comment

Re: Episode 280

Hey, now we're getting somewhere! The reunion tour essentially continues, but to get Gray back, they have to face the next big enemy group. It all leads to Zeref.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 281

This is torture, not purification.

I had a feeling that Gray was just acting the part as it turns out this was all an act to snuff out this cult under Erza's lead. Avatar sure is stirring up quite a lot of trouble there seeing that they are offering up sacrifices to Zeref, but that ends now. So with Gray having rejoined, the main core of Fairy Tail is together again, and next time they are about to kick ass and put those Avatar bastards where they belong.

Comment

Episode 282

Purify the crowd.

It's action time, and in typical shonen action style, the Fairy Tail wizards make quick work of the small fries, and have no problem with the agents. While Jerome's corrosive blade is a force to be reckoned with, it's no match for Erza's silent slash, while Wendy's nullification magic makes Mary's virus useless, all while Juvia and Gray have no problem with Briar. But while they had their way against those 2000 small fries, the leader is not exactly going to be an easy fight.

Comment

Episode 283

Fairy Tail wizards, unite!

And just like that, the core guildmates are back together as Gajeel arrives, and to everybody's surprise he's working for the law leading a squad of soldiers that are there to help take out those Avatar goons. Once they arrived, it was all over as Natsu put a stop to everything. That was quite a nervous moment there when Frosch came out there to meet Gray, but in the end he gave that cute kitty a hug. I'm not exactly sure what could possibly motivate Gray to kill that cat, but there's just no reason to for it to happen.

Comment

Episode 284

The gang's all here again.

Zeref's backstory is finally revealed as this whole mess all started when Zeref's brother died. Zeref had been hard at work trying to do the ultimate taboo and paid the price for it. As such, everything around Zeref that he cares about dies except Zeref himself, so it's no wonder why he turned to evil. Everything he had been doing since then was so that he could die, and E.N.D. was created for that reason. So Natsu is actually Zeref's creation. Anyway, it's back to the guild's home in Magnolia, and everybody responded to the letter Lucy sent. Quite a nice way to wrap up this arc going to show that while the building is gone and Makarov dissolved the guild, everybody still has that Fairy Tail pride within them.

So with that, this is the end of the Avatar arc and as such, I will be switching to the simuldub schedule for the rest of the series as I had been watching everything up until the start of this season dubbed. I just wanted to get my feet wet with this series again, which is why I decided on this plan of action.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X