Widgets Magazine

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ユリシーズ ジャンヌ・ダルクと錬金の騎士

A show set during the Hundred Years' War in France where a knight previously studying alchemy at school is forced to flee and encounters the legendary figure who would turn the tide in the war.

Airs: Sunday, October 7, 2018

Studio: AXsiZ

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

During France's Hundred Years' War with England, Montmorency, the son of a noble, immerses himself in the study of magic and alchemy at a school for knights. However, after France's defeat at Agincourt, the school is disbanded and Montmorency is forced to flee. While on the run he meets a miraculous village girl named Jeanne.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: Ghost Hunt, Seraph S2, AOT S2, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Alchemy will save the world.

This is pretty much introductions as Montmorency had big dreams of becoming an alchemist that can put an end to this war. But of course, things don't go as planned as he was just failing at alchemy, all while the academy was closed down after the English forces reach the place. At least he had some good friends. So for seven years, Montmorency had been studying. Interesting start here, but it didn't say much about the direction of this show moving forward.

So I'll give it some more episodes here as this was just introductory stuff and the real test comes next when Montmorency and Jeanne meet.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

There are bigger things than boobs.

So after an episode to introduce Montmorency, this one introduces Jeanne, and she's all too worried about her flat chest when there are bigger things to worry about like the English soldiers who were killing fairies left and right, all while there's La Hire, whose boobs make Jeanne so envious. Just when she was about to bite the dust, in comes the Philosopher's Stone that not only saves her life, but makes her a killing machine for three minutes. Pretty much, this was what I was afraid would happen after seeing the promo posters, but at least the story has some appeal.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X