Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 12

This world isn't what it seems.

So simply reminding Eldrie of who he was in the past was enough to defeat him as Kirito and Eugeo are rescued through a back door that Cardinal created for them. And there, Kirito gets a history less about the world where he learns that the Axiom Church is using religion to control the world's citizens, and the one who started all this was Quinella. She became obsessed with power, and people followed her, so it's no wonder why the world is so broken with these rules that totally go against reason. It will be interesting to see what comes of this now that Kirito knows better what he's up against. Next episode is coming in two weeks.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Super Bowl LIII from Atlanta
    Watching: Loki Ragnarok, Tsurune, Leviathan, Chaos;Child, Coppelion, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 13

Stop the admin.

This is a full-blown info dump episode which basically explains the situation and why Cardinal ended up in the library as she was out to stop Quinella, but failed. Basically, it told Kirito what he needed to do, which is to pull that crystal out of the forehead of the Integrity Knights. A rather boring episode that was, but it had to be done at some point. Not to mention, it would have been better to have the break after this episode, not the previous one as it transitions into a new quest.
      Watching: Loki Ragnarok, Tsurune, Leviathan, Chaos;Child, Coppelion, Toonami Stuff
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 14

Remember, he's a knight.

So now that Kirito and Eugeo know what they need to do, they get their weapons back, and then face off against Deusolbert, and while his flaming arrows were quite a force to be reckoned with, he didn't stand a chance against the teamwork that Kirito and Eugeo used with two brilliant moves that the knight wanted to know about. He was the guy who took Alice away, but at the same time he's a dedicated knight before his memories got erased. Pretty nice action there going to show that these two boys have learned to fight as a duo.

Comment

Episode 15

Can't win with hatred.

And it turns out that those two girls Linel and Fizel are Integrity Knights. They poison Kirito and Eugeo, and drag them up to the top floor to face execution courtesy of Fanatio, but Kirito was one step ahead as always as an enchantment was made before the encounter. And then comes the fight against Fanatio as he finds out that it's actually a woman under that helmet, and this place gives her a huge advantage as she uses light as her source of power. Things got really intense there at the end with Eugeo using his ice magic at full power, but even so Fanatio isn't down and out. An intense episode that was as it goes to show just how committed Kirito is to make things right.

Comment

Episode 15

When Sword Art Online isn't a dumb over-the-top rape fest, it can be one hell of an action show. Spectacular fight choreography, animation, and musical direction throughout this intense battle. It even kinda respects women in the process! What a concept. The story does feel like it's dragging a little bit now, but it could be a lot worse. I'll take what I can get.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 16

It's the perfect weapon.

Kirito may be down, but he has had it much worse before, all while he understands that the knights are going through as much internal strife as those two are. As such, he uses the dagger that was supposed to be for the admin to save Fanatio's life, but if they hurry they can beat the admin without it. And then they finally meet Alice again, armed with dangerous weapon and her memories manipulated. She's quite formidable with that weapon that not even Eugeo's ice attack could stop. And then Kirito and Alice are sent flying out of the tower with Eugeo getting separated due to the tower's self-regenerating walls. That was some fight and cliffhanger there as it goes to show just how corrupt the church has been on these knights, and while they are enemies, they are seen as people who are going through an identity crisis.

Comment

Episode 16

Another solid action piece with enough importance to not feel repetitive (this is all about Alice, after all), and a good amount of content outside of that to explore how inhumane the "NPCs" of this world are treated. None of it is particularly innovative or nuanced, but I'll take entertainment with great production values when it lacks any of the shit that this series is so often mired in.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 17

Hanging by a thread.

The previous episode was a cliffhanger in more than one way as Kirito and Alice are hanging on the tower wall. So they decide to call a truce seeing that they will need each other in order to survive. And while they scaled the tower walls, they encounter some enemies that aren't supposed to be there. But they managed to slay them despite being in a dangerous position. Alice still intends to kill Kirito as soon as they get back inside, but for now they are helping each other out. That certainly had me on the edge of my seat there seeing that those two are one wrong move away from falling 80+ stories. Next time, Eugeo battles an Integrity Knight who is just coming out of the baths.

Comment

Episode 18

Putting the Integrity Knight on ice.

There was quite a lot of talking in Eugeo's battle against Bercouli, and it's a good thing that Fanatio was spared or else he would have been so blinded by rage at what happened to his apprentice that he couldn't see any reason in the end that the Integrity Knights are just being used for some greater scheme. But just when it looked like he saw the light after being frozen in place, in comes some fat clown to freeze him solid. Not much action here for a fight against the leader of the knights, but it was a nice way for Eugeo to prove his worth and that Kirito isn't the only one kicking ass.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X