X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] Iroduku: The World in Colors Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    色づく世界の明日から

A coming of age story about a colorblind girl from a bloodline of witches who is sent 60 years into the past to grow her character.

Airs: Friday, October 5, 2018

Studio: P.A. Works

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

Set in the city of Nagasaki, the story takes place in a world where a miniscule amount of magic remains in everyday life. Hitomi Tsukishiro is a 17-year-old descendant of a witch family who grew up with stale emotions, as she lost her sense of color at a very young age. Feeling sorry for her granddaughter's future, Kohaku, a great witch, sends Hitomi to past, the year 2018. Through exchanges with her 17-year-old grandmother and her club members, the story follows Hitomi's growth as a person.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: Ghost Hunt, Seraph S2, AOT S2, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

The world is not black and white.

So it begins with Hitomi watching the fireworks in Nagasaki, but sadly not in all its colorful glory as she became colorblind at an early age. And that prompts Kohaku to send her back to the past where she meets her teenager self. Seeing that she's not of this world that it was scary to see all this going down, but she's surrounded by really nice people who help her fit in. And then Sho's drawing comes to life there at the end. P.A. Works is at the top of their game once again as they are known for paying great attention to color, which is a theme of this show as I especially like the use of colorblind mode. Should be great to see just how Hitomi grows through this adventure.

So with that, the usual trial procedure applies, but it's pretty close to being locked in. Even if the story ends up disappointing, the eye candy is simply too good to pass up.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Very interesting premise. The plot definitely kicked off without much setup, which was maybe a bit too much a bit too early, but once it started taking its time, it seemed to have a decent story to tell. We'll see where this actually leads, since there's still no real indication of what the driving points of the show will be. The cinematography and effects are well-utilized to enhance the visuals throughout, making it a pleasant series to look at.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Do you believe in magic?

As Hitomi briefly saw color through Yuito's drawings, she's being tasked to learn magic seeing that it's the only way she can make it back to her time. Of course, that's not going to be easy seeing that she's not exactly embracing it as she's traumatized by it. Hitomi ends up making friends with a bunch of people who are in their 70's in Hitomi's original timeline if they are still alive, and they are really encouraging her to take up magic again, none more so than Yuito. There's just so much intrigue going on here as Hitomi is at a crossroads in life. Still too early to determine if the story is going the good route with Nagi no Asukara or the bad route with Glasslip, but no matter what happens P.A. Works has certainly outdid themselves with the animation, and the strategic use of the colorblind mode as that's what Hitomi is.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

This is definitely one of the new shows this season that's solidly on my list rather than just being watchable like most of them. Still very nice-looking, and I think, through its character writing in particular, it will be able to tell a story that, while maybe not quite as beautiful as its aesthetic, can do the visuals some level of justice.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...