X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] Boarding School Juliet Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    寄宿学校のジュリエット

A show set in a Shakespearean environment where just like in Romeo and Juliet, the two leads love each other, but they are at a school living in dorms that just don't get along with each other.

Airs: Friday, October 5, 2018

Studio: Liden Films

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

"To Love, or not to Love"

Juliet Percia and Inuzuka Romio are archenemies. They lead two high-school dormitories the "Black Dogs" and the "White Cats" from two rivaling countries. Both factions are dead set on defeating the other to gain control over the island they have to share. Beneath the feuding exterior, however, Percia and Inuzuka long for love and peace for their budding relationship...

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

To love or not to love? That is the question.

It begins with lots of fighting going on as the black dogs and the white cats have a rivalry with each other to see who rules the campus. But in all that chaos, there's Romeo and Juliet as the two fall for each other. Just like in Shakespeare's play, the two come out to see each other in secret during the night as in this case, Romeo saved Juliet from a bunch of thugs from his faction. They settle the score with a duel as Romeo is determined to make peace with everybody, and Juliet wins with a shove into the fountain. It's off to a pretty good start there as the two leads certainly were meant for each other even if their factions says otherwise.

So as usual, through the trial period it goes, and I'll decide on this show after watching a few more episodes.
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

This seemed like it could be kind of a stupid Romeo and Juliet analogue serving as an excuse for a typical anime trope dump, but I actually found myself somewhat engaged by the story and characters by the end of the episode. Certainly the worst thing that I like well enough to watch more of so far, but still good enough from this first offering. It could absolutely be dropped at any point, but I think it has a decent chance of keeping me watching.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Be a man.

Juliet's tsundere antics just continue to be amusing, all while Romio's strength and endurance are so superhuman seeing that he could swing that giant statue with ease. Those two sure are meant for each other, but dating is something that's not exactly easy to do in this environment. So Juliet goes trap and disguises herself as a boy from the black dogs, and that led to some pretty awkward situations there. And when a girl is this cute while disguised as a boy, of course it's going to draw attention. Everything here was simply silly that it's funny.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Actually one of the better girl-disguised-as-boy examples I've seen. Still pretty obvious that she was a girl, but not so obvious that it was her specifically. Overall, it's continuing to be just entertaining enough to still be worth watching. I do find their relationship cute at times.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

All bite, no bark.

Here comes the yandere princess Char, and she's blackmailing Romio to becoming her loyal lapdog as refusing means the secret about his relationship with Juliet becomes public. As it turns out, the reason she's doing this is because she wants Juliet all to herself, and to make this yuri pairing possible, that means sabotaging Romio's relationship with Juliet. But once the secret was out, Romio helped Char keep this a secret from Juliet just when it looked like she was going to find out. While it was a bit cringeworthy seeing Romio like that, it made for some funny moments, and some solid character development as Char is not as sadistic and heartless as Romio initially thought she was. So now, Juliet has two suitors in Romio and Char, and it looks like next time Hasuki is going to form a love triangle with Romio seeing that she was the only one who defended Romio through this sticky situation.

So with that, this show is very likely to stick, but I'm not quite ready to lock it in just yet. This show has been very entertaining, so it's a show I can eagerly look forward to each week, but there's still a chance it become a casualty due to numbers this season.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

This has also fallen just below the fold, so may be among those on the cutting room floor when I make my decisions in the next few days. This episode knocked it back down just enough after feeling like it had some promise. Char's gag was repetitive and tired, and the emotional climax wasn't as effective for anyone involved as I would've liked. Not than most of the characters are particularly deep or likable, but I at least care about the leads' relationship just a little bit. Though making such a big deal about a one-month "anniversary" (not what that word means) makes me think otherwise pretty quickly.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 4

Love thy childhood friend?

After introducing the tsundere Juliet and the yandere Char, another tropey character is the center of attention in the childhood friend Hasuki. Her life was changed by Romio, but she's a much different person when she goes megane mode as she's much more aggressive. And then there's that rule that's apparently iron-clad for dogs, but of course that blade was just a replica. That was some solid backstory there going to show that Romio is quite popular around this school.

And thus ends this show's trial period, and while I'm likely to stick with this, I have some figuring out to do with the other shows this season.

Comment

Episode 5

Let's settle this on the field.

And in typical harem fashion, there's a guy who is a rival for the MC's love interest as Scott is a fellow cat who has his sights set on Juliet. They go as far as to fight over a bento that Juliet made not realizing how bad it actually tastes as Juliet, as typical for a tsundere, is a terrible cook. And then there's Aby and Somali, and this couple is pretty scary as Aby is a narcissist and Somali has a dual personality. So to settle all this, it's onto the battlefield to duke it out. These tropes keep on piling, but it makes for an entertaining show. Nevertheless, the sports festival should really be something.

Comment

Episode 6

This is war.

Just as I was expecting, lots of crazy things were happening at the sports festival, and it was Aby and Somali who provided most of trouble as Aby was trying to cheat his way to the MVP, all while Somali will do anything he asks. Juliet was well on her way to winning it until Somali's spiky shoes injures her ankle. And then the dogs took a snooze thanks to everybody except Romio drinking water with a sleeping additive, but that only makes Romio even stronger as he sure did teach those two cheaters a lesson. Now, it all comes down to a one-on-one battle between Romio and Juliet for the win and the MVP award, and it should really be something.

Comment

Episode 7

New dog, old tricks.

So that climactic showdown to decide the sports festival ended with Romio collapsing after an accidental boob grab, and Juliet wins the MVP. But the relationship continues, and she sneaks into the dogs dorm again as Julio, and things got pretty awkward there when she ran into Maru as he's onto her true identity. Not to mention entering the girls bath by mistake and even though that's really a girl who entered it. But it was mostly mental as once Romio relaxed, he was all better. Pretty awkward how all that went down, but it goes to show that those two have a strong relationship that unfortunately can't go public.

Comment

Episode 8

Prepare for trouble, and make it double.

Here come the twins Kochou and Teria, and these two may look like middle school girls, but they are prefects and as such, they are girls nobody wants to mess with. Seeing that Romio was determined to watch the fireworks show with Juliet that he had to make sure those two troublemakers were not seeing him together with her. But in the end, it failed as while he got those twins distracted, so was he that he forgot that Juliet was still inside the barrel. There's always next time as Juliet puts it, but now serious stuff is ahead seeing that his older brother Airu is the head prefect, and I get the feeling that he's going to be a big menace towards him and Juliet.

Comment

Episode 9

Looking for birthday presents in all the wrong places.

Pretty amusing shopping trip that was as Char was pretty naughty when it came to finding the right birthday gift for Juliet. And then Juliet asks Romio to be a party crasher as a secret request. Just when it looked like things were about to go off without a hitch, Airu makes his move and is onto something about this secret relationship. Romio sure got himself into quite a big mess and it will be interesting to see how he gets out of it, as well as learning about the relationship between these brothers. Those twins just continue to be so hard to shake off as they are like security cameras. Nevertheless, this ought to be interesting.

Comment

Episode 10

Watching his every move.

Airu has put the lockdown on as he has Romio on surveillance for a week, which means Romio can't attend Juliet's birthday party. But being determined to give Juliet a present, Romio tries to sneak out at night for a quick meeting at the fountain, but not even that can slip past Airu as he gets locked into the shed. However, Hasuki saves the day as she told Juliet the situation, all while the twins got him out. Airu sure is quite the menace there, but Romio shows that he has courage. His strength, on the other hand, is another matter entirely.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X