X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] Boarding School Juliet Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    寄宿学校のジュリエット

A show set in a Shakespearean environment where just like in Romeo and Juliet, the two leads love each other, but they are at a school living in dorms that just don't get along with each other.

Airs: Friday, October 5, 2018

Studio: Liden Films

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

"To Love, or not to Love"

Juliet Percia and Inuzuka Romio are archenemies. They lead two high-school dormitories the "Black Dogs" and the "White Cats" from two rivaling countries. Both factions are dead set on defeating the other to gain control over the island they have to share. Beneath the feuding exterior, however, Percia and Inuzuka long for love and peace for their budding relationship...

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: Ghost Hunt, Seraph S2, AOT S2, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

To love or not to love? That is the question.

It begins with lots of fighting going on as the black dogs and the white cats have a rivalry with each other to see who rules the campus. But in all that chaos, there's Romeo and Juliet as the two fall for each other. Just like in Shakespeare's play, the two come out to see each other in secret during the night as in this case, Romeo saved Juliet from a bunch of thugs from his faction. They settle the score with a duel as Romeo is determined to make peace with everybody, and Juliet wins with a shove into the fountain. It's off to a pretty good start there as the two leads certainly were meant for each other even if their factions says otherwise.

So as usual, through the trial period it goes, and I'll decide on this show after watching a few more episodes.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

This seemed like it could be kind of a stupid Romeo and Juliet analogue serving as an excuse for a typical anime trope dump, but I actually found myself somewhat engaged by the story and characters by the end of the episode. Certainly the worst thing that I like well enough to watch more of so far, but still good enough from this first offering. It could absolutely be dropped at any point, but I think it has a decent chance of keeping me watching.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Be a man.

Juliet's tsundere antics just continue to be amusing, all while Romio's strength and endurance are so superhuman seeing that he could swing that giant statue with ease. Those two sure are meant for each other, but dating is something that's not exactly easy to do in this environment. So Juliet goes trap and disguises herself as a boy from the black dogs, and that led to some pretty awkward situations there. And when a girl is this cute while disguised as a boy, of course it's going to draw attention. Everything here was simply silly that it's funny.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Actually one of the better girl-disguised-as-boy examples I've seen. Still pretty obvious that she was a girl, but not so obvious that it was her specifically. Overall, it's continuing to be just entertaining enough to still be worth watching. I do find their relationship cute at times.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

All bite, no bark.

Here comes the yandere princess Char, and she's blackmailing Romio to becoming her loyal lapdog as refusing means the secret about his relationship with Juliet becomes public. As it turns out, the reason she's doing this is because she wants Juliet all to herself, and to make this yuri pairing possible, that means sabotaging Romio's relationship with Juliet. But once the secret was out, Romio helped Char keep this a secret from Juliet just when it looked like she was going to find out. While it was a bit cringeworthy seeing Romio like that, it made for some funny moments, and some solid character development as Char is not as sadistic and heartless as Romio initially thought she was. So now, Juliet has two suitors in Romio and Char, and it looks like next time Hasuki is going to form a love triangle with Romio seeing that she was the only one who defended Romio through this sticky situation.

So with that, this show is very likely to stick, but I'm not quite ready to lock it in just yet. This show has been very entertaining, so it's a show I can eagerly look forward to each week, but there's still a chance it become a casualty due to numbers this season.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X