• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckeye
    started a topic [Fall 2018] Bloom Into You Discussion Thread

Bloom Into You Discussion Thread

やがて君になる

A yuri show where a shoujo manga enthusiast falls in love with the student council president after both girls reject a confession from a boy.

Airs: Friday, October 5, 2018

Studio: Troyca

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

Yuu has always loved shoujo manga and awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes, and yet when a junior high classmate confesses his feelings to her...she feels nothing. Disappointed and confused, Yuu enters high school still unsure how to respond. That's when Yuu sees the beautiful student council president Nanami turn down a suitor with such maturity that she's inspired to ask her for help. But when the next person to confess to Yuu is Nanami herself. Has her shoujo romance finally begun?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 13 (Finale)

The exit, we're here already.

So it ends not with the play, but a trip to the aquarium as Yuu and Touko go out on a date, and Yuu letting Touko know that it's up to her to navigate through this personal identity crisis. Yuu has been improvising, and Touko ought to do the same seeing that she's so bent on becoming like Mio that it's tearing her inside. But that date got Touko to improvise and change her persona to something she can be happy with. While this was a great episode, I didn't find it appropriate as a final episode as I was hoping that it ends with the play, which never happened. I'm hoping for an OVA where the play does happen somewhere down the line.

Overall, this is a beautiful show with great animation, a well-constructed romance, nice character development, and a solidly-constructed story that sets a goal and doesn't lose sight of it. That said, the one major knock on this show is the pacing as it felt too needlessly slow with the numerous detours and stuff, and that led to an ending that just felt incomplete in a way. But it's a show that stays true to its identity all the way through, and that made for a nice show in the end.

MAL Rating:

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 12

Flip the script.

And Touko continues to be troubled as what Ichigaya said really pushed her into an insecure state of self. As such, she tells Yuu to call off this relationship as she doesn't want to get her involved with a self-loathing personality, but Yuu is taking charge of the situation. She asks that the play's ending be rewritten to make a choice based on the present self than the past seeing that Touko is just way too attached to the past. One more episode left as things have taken an interesting turn after everything those two have been going through with this relationship.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 11

Don't be her, beat her.

It's off to camp for the student council to write and rehearse the play for the upcoming culture festival. While Yuu's head is where it needs to be, not so much with Touko as she's hellbent on being the perfect role model that Mio is, but she just fails to realize that as perfect as she sees her, she isn't perfect. Ichigaya is letting her know that she can be even better than her, but Touko isn't getting the message. It will be interesting to see where things go as a romantic triangle is forming and Touko isn't really thinking straight.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 10

A new you awaits.

Things are all well for Yuu as she lets her friend Natsuki know just how much she has changed during that shopping trip. However, not so much with Touko as she continues to try to replace her sister, and it's no wonder why seeing that she died in an accident running an errand that was decided by a simple game. The play perfectly captures the theme of true self there as there's no simple way to define it. That ending there is an ominous sign of things to come with the way things have been going.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 9

Relaying the love.

It's time for the sports festival, and there's a lot of drama going on, especially with the relay race where the student council is determined to win it. While they gave it their all, they were no match for the basketball team. But then that ending there with Yuu and Touko kissing, that was quite a sight to behold there. Great to see that this relationship is really building up through all this.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 8

Love is like after the rain.

Things are pretty uneasy between Yuu and Sayaka as after all, they have been gunning for Touko's affection. Things reach a critical point when the two were practicing for the relay for the upcoming sports festival, and they have been having a hard time with the baton exchange. And then Yuu forgot her umbrella on a rainy day leading to her having to sit beside Touko while waiting for the rain to end, and they take their relationship further. Pretty nice to see Yuu getting along better with everybody as it just hasn't been easy.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 7

Second to none.

This episode focuses on Sayaka as she has finished second in so many things. She's second to Touko in the exams, and now second to Yuu for her affections. While she is studying hard enough to eventually get the former someday, the latter is completely out of her control. However, Touko values her has a friend, which is for the best seeing that there are plenty of others she can fall in love with, but with Touko, being a friend is more important than being her soulmate. Nice to see her reaching out like that.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 6

Bloom into a wilted flower.

Something just felt off about Touko, and it turns out the reason for all this was because of her older sister Mio, who was the student council president seven years ago and had organized the stage play. But she was tragically killed in an accident, and as such the show was cancelled, and Touko wanted to put it on to accomplish what Mio couldn't. That has understandably drawn Yuu's ire as she just doesn't like how Touko is trying so hard to be somebody else. That was quite a big reveal there going to show that Touko's appearance is just there to mask her true self. Interesting turn of events that was.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 5

Putting the relationship to the test.

Everybody is hard at work with exams, and with student council activities suspended, that means some quality time between Yuu and Nanami as Nanami comes over to study. And they sure did make the most of their time together. Not only are they better positioned for their exams, but their relationship takes the next step.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 4

She has a role in all this.

Maki gets some focus here as he's someone who can get along with girls. But he knows all about the relationship, something that doesn't exactly sit well with Yuu as in order for her relationship with Nanami to work, it must not become public. Pretty intense episode that was seeing that there are questions as to whether or not the relationship can survive with everything going on. It will be interesting to see how things go from here as the culture festival is coming up, and Nanami made a bold move to bring back the student council stage play.

So with that, the trial period has expired, and while I haven't made a definitive decision on this show, I'm leaning towards keeping it.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    Re: Episode 3

That wasn't too bad. I thought this had a pretty good chance of getting dropped, but it may have recovered from that possibility, at least for the time being. I still don't like how it looks at all, but I'm starting to come around to the characters and their relationships a bit more. I wouldn't care about the plot except as an extension of those characters, so I'm glad that the series is delivering where it needs to for that to carry through and make it all feel like it matters. The other things I've felt continue to be true, but the blow feels somewhat softened now I'm warming up to some of the central aspects that the show needs to succeed at to be worth watching. We'll see how it goes from here. It's still not too far from that line, so anything can happen. I'm slightly hopeful now.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 3

Make school great again.

So after a day out with her friends, Yuu is hard at work with her speech to get the students to vote for Nanami, and it works. Just like that, Nanami is now the school president. And it turns out that one of the big reasons why Nanami was drawn into Yuu is that Yuu sees her as just a normal person rather a model of perfection. Even so, she strieves for that, which Yuu nailed in the speech.

So I'll give it one more episode as this is another bubble show this season.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    Re: Episode 2

Unfortunately, this is starting to lose me. I already don't like the art, but Touko's insistence that she's in love with Yuu before getting to know her at all and Yuu's inability to feel any love at all turn me off in different but equal ways. Obviously the latter will change, but the current paradigm isn't doing any favors right now.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Episode 2

Campaigning for love.

Here comes Touko's friend Sayaka, and Sayaka isn't feeling easy about this relationship with Yuu. And after a kiss at the railroad crossing, it's onto campaign mode as Yuu is trying her hardest to think of Touko as a candidate she's backing and not her yuri partner, which makes things quite awkward on Yuu seeing that this love is starting to become one-sided. While Touko's feelings are out for Yuu, the other way around, not so much as Yuu sees herself as nobody special. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X