Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 14

At the top of the food chain.

Geld sure was a formidable foe, but despite the huge size disadvantage Rimuru has, it was nothing that he couldn't eat. Geld was so hungry that he would eat anything, including Gelmud and his fellow orcs. But thanks to Rimuru, he no longer has to eat as his hunger has been satisfied. Once again, Rimuru shows why there's nothing that can beat him.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mash Kyrielight, Fate/Grand Order
    Watching: Sirius the Jaeger, Shobitch, Machiavellism, Anonymous Noise, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 15

One nation, under slime.

So after that battle, the orcs have joined Rimuru's growing alliance adding 150,000 strong, and it was made possible by realizing that the orcs attacked because they were starving. Seeing that Gabiru was more in the wrong than the orcs were that he was exiled and is now just an ordinary lizardman living an ordinary life. And then Gazel returns wanting to test out Rimuru with a duel, and after Rimuru wins, he wants his knight squad in on the alliance. And thus, the nation of the Jura Tempest Federation is born. That was another excellent episode there going to show that Rimuru's negotiation skills are really something. Most would have punished the orcs without understanding their circumstances, but not Rimuru as he knows that great things will happen when they are working together instead of fighting each other. All is well there, but a bigger threat approaches.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mash Kyrielight, Fate/Grand Order
      Watching: Sirius the Jaeger, Shobitch, Machiavellism, Anonymous Noise, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episodes 12-15

An arc ends, a new one begins, complete with new OP and ED.

Episodes 12-14 take care of the Orc Disaster arc in a satisfying way, showing several things: Gabiru was a fool, screwing everything up, but he wasn't a bad leader after all, or a bad tactician. Had it been anything other than the orcs suffering from the Starving curse, his tactics might've worked. This was all set up to create a demon lord, though why, remains a big question. Gelmud was more helpful than he realized on that end. We also get a chance to see how powerful Rimuru's subjects have become. In the end, an eating contest, with Rimuru winning.

Our new arc starts with the creation of the Jura Forest Alliance with all the races joining in, and forgiveness of the orcs, since Rimuru ate their sins. Gabiru gets banished, with his 3 stooges following faithfully after him, the king of the lizardmen getting a name, Rimuru naming the new orc leader Geld, with him evolving into the Orc King and 150,000 names later, the orcs becoming high orcs.

Everything's going great when the arrival of King Gazel and his mounted Pegasus knights throws things into chaos, but all's well that ends well, with Gazel spurring the Alliance into actually becoming a nation, and entering into a treaty. Oh, we also see Demon lords and maijin plotting no good.

The new OP and ED bring in a lot of new characters who are soon to on the way? We've been seeing the pink-haired twin-tail, and the gaggle of kids for a while, and they've yet to appear, but the prominence in both the OP and ED suggests that it might be soon.

This continues to be a very enjoyable show.
        My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
        1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
        2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
        3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X