X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    転生したらスライムだった件

An isekai show where an ordinary Japanese guy living an unfulfilling life is killed by a robber and is reborn in a fantasy world as a slime monster.

Airs: Monday, October 1, 2018

Studio: 8-Bit

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Living alone and never having had a girlfriend, 37-year-old Satoru Mikami is dissatisfied with how his life has turned out. But after dying at the hands of a robber, he awakens to a fresh start in a new world?as a slime monster.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Living the goopy life.

It begins with Satoru killed by a robber taking the blow for a friend, and then he gets reincarnated into another world as a slimeball where he befriends a dragon who had terrorized the fantasy land. The mood took quite a shift there as it was pretty serious in the beginning, but then it became lighthearted once Satoru became the slimeball. It has the standard isekai tropes, and while Satoru has a lot of powers and skills, he doesn't exactly know how to use them. Pretty interesting start to this all going to show that this guy hasn't exactly had a glorious life, but he has a chance to do something he couldn't do in Japan.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

This was a nice start. I had no idea how this was going to go, but that was a really good start, and with that, I'm hooked. Heh, tsundere dragon.
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Originally posted by General Hentai View Post

This was a nice start. I had no idea how this was going to go, but that was a really good start, and with that, I'm hooked. Heh, tsundere dragon.
        Agreed. Off the wall, but holding promise to be good fun. Looking forward to it.
        Avatar: Tanya Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil

Comment

I've read all of the manga that Kodansha has released (seven volumes), so I'll know what's going to happen probably all the way through even the 24 episodes that this is thankfully getting, but it was fantastic to see how good of an adaptation this was. Spectacular production values all the way through.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

A blast from Tempest.

The slime now has a name in Rimuru Tempest after forming a bond with Veldora. He levels up in the cave and then he finally finds the exit to the outside world. And then he's approached by a bunch of goblins. Unlike in Goblin Slayer, these guys are no threat to humanity as they are fighting for their survival against a pack of wolves that have been terrorizing them. So of course, Rimuru just couldn't stand by and let them fall by the wayside. Listening to Rimuru just continues to be amusing, along with all of those RPG-like status screens.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Man, this show is the best video game of the season. It really felt like that for a big part of this episode, in the best way possible. Get all that MMO stat bullshit out of here; this is what it feels like to be captivated by a classic JRPG. And yeah, the chiptunes don't hurt. Such a fun show.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                Episode 2

A blast from Tempest.

The slime now has a name in Rimuru Tempest after forming a bond with Veldora. He levels up in the cave and then he finally finds the exit to the outside world. And then he's approached by a bunch of goblins. Unlike in Goblin Slayer, these guys are no threat to humanity as they are fighting for their survival against a pack of wolves that have been terrorizing them. So of course, Rimuru just couldn't stand by and let them fall by the wayside. Listening to Rimuru just continues to be amusing, along with all of those RPG-like status screens.
                Re: Episode 2

I do wonder about the status screens, but, yeah, this show is a lot of fun. It also looks to be a show that is well set up for binging, as (at least) the first 3 episodes are all continuous. But this is one I'm not going to wait on.
                Last edited by General Hentai; 10-09-2018, 07:38 PM.
                My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and

Comment

Episode 3

Yesterday's enemy is today's friend.

And just like that, all it took was to defeat the boss, and the rest of the wolves become friends with the goblins as after absorbing the leader of the pack, those wolves had no choice but to submit. He gave everybody names, and all is well as he achieved his desired result of peace. Pretty amusing to see the goblins and wolves getting along with each other as everything is so much better this way. Next up, it's off to see the dwarves as Rimuru's journey continues.

Comment

Episode 3

Yesterday's enemy is today's friend.

And just like that, all it took was to defeat the boss, and the rest of the wolves become friends with the goblins as after absorbing the leader of the pack, those wolves had no choice but to submit. He gave everybody names, and all is well as he achieved his desired result of peace. Pretty amusing to see the goblins and wolves getting along with each other as everything is so much better this way. Next up, it's off to see the dwarves as Rimuru's journey continues.
                    What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet...and be able to bench press10x more than before it had a name.

Well, that was interesting. Names have meaning. Name a monster, and it levels up. Another fun episode, and we're now headed off to the dwarves (also, this episode is NOT approved of by Goblin Slayer!).

Comment

Re: Episode 3

Ah, such a fun show. Now we get to see some real plot progression. I love Rimuru roaring in Slime voice alongside the Direwolf roar. Really good performances for an almost unknown seiyuu in general. And now they're all adorable, loyal dogs. What a lovely family Rimuru has formed.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 4

His skills dwarf everything.

Rimuru just keeps on showing just how overpowered he is with that impressive collection of skills that he has acquired. First, he transforms into a wolf to scare off some ruffians looking to pick a fight, then he makes a potion that gets him out of jail, and then he brings out some magisteel ore he got from the cave, and then replicating them to make many out of one. And then he meets up with a bunch of elf girls after all that. Pretty amusing to see all that going down.

Comment

Re: Episode 4

I love that the elves from Rimuru's fantasies are clearly from the anime and JRPGs Rimuru/Mikami grew up on.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 4

His skills dwarf everything.

Rimuru just keeps on showing just how overpowered he is with that impressive collection of skills that he has acquired. First, he transforms into a wolf to scare off some ruffians looking to pick a fight, then he makes a potion that gets him out of jail, and then he brings out some magisteel ore he got from the cave, and then replicating them to make many out of one. And then he meets up with a bunch of elf girls after all that. Pretty amusing to see all that going down.

First, let me applaud your puniness.

Another excellent episode. A lot of fun there, and we see that all the time we spent watching Rimuru gobbling up all the magic ore in the cave actually mean something. And in the "I wish I'd thought of that first" category we have the now never to forgotten:

E.I.L.F

Yep, our slimy friend luvs him some elf girls.

Next up

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post

I love that the elves from Rimuru's fantasies are clearly from the anime and JRPGs Rimuru/Mikami grew up on.

I personally loved the Deedlit clone, myself.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X