X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2018] Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    DOUBLE DECKER! ダグ&キリル

From the creators of Tiger and Bunny comes another crime-fighting show where the main duo consists of a seasoned veteran and an enthusiastic rookie working for a detective agency where cops work in pairs.

Airs: Sunday, September 30, 2018

Studio: Sunrise

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The city state of Lisvalletta. Two suns rise above this city, and the people here live peaceful lives, but in the shadows crime and illegal drugs run rampant. Among them is the dangerous, highly lethal drug "Anthem" which casts a dark shadow over the city. The SEVEN-O Special Crime Investigation Unit specializes in cracking down on Anthem. This unit operates in two man "buddy" teams in what's called the "Double Decker System" to tackle the problem. Doug Billingham is a seasoned investigator, and joining him is Kirill Vrubel, whose abilities are mysterious and unknown.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ochaco Uraraka, My Hero Academia
    Watching: Unit Pandora, Children of the Whales, Aokana, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Always at the right place at the right time.

The similarities to Tiger and Bunny are on display here Doug and Kirill are a lot like Kotetsu and Barnaby, and with the experience gap, that's bound to lead to a lot of chemistry issues. So Kirill was found caught in the middle of a case, and Doug used him to surprise those criminals so that he can move in and make the arrest. While it's not as fancy as the way Tiger and Bunny began, it did set the stage for some great action to go down. I certainly like what I saw seeing that Tiger and Bunny was so amazing, and while I can't reasonably expect this to top that, this show has some nice things going for it at the moment. I'll be interested in learning about his comrades at the agency.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ochaco Uraraka, My Hero Academia
    Watching: Unit Pandora, Children of the Whales, Aokana, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X