This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Fandom Post - Top Anime

Oh wow, no posts in over a full month. This is the first time that's happened. Well I still had an update to my own list to post, so I did that. Since almost everything on the main list is unchanged by that, I only changed what was affected and left everything that was unchanged with the colors and icons from the previous update. It's pretty easy to tell what moved just looking at that one post of mine. Normally I'd be disappointed to see no posts for over a full month, but I think we got a really good list here. Requiring at least double the number of points a #1 vote gives just for something to get into the top 25 that displays in the thread indicates a really solid list in my mind. So here this is for now. Feel free to continue to post lists if anyone wants to at any point and I'll update in another month if it calls for it, but for now, I'm happy saying this is the list we've come to.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Old list:

Originally posted by stardf29 View Post

1. Clannad (+After Story) (7809)
      2. AnoHana (12368)
      3. Nichijou (12142)
      4. Fruits Basket (348)
      5. Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ (4631)
      6. Kids on the Slope (13944)
      7. Sister Princess (1114)
      8. Lamune (5868)
      9. Kanon 2006 (6431)
      10. Puella Magi Madoka Magica (12120)
      New List:

1. Clannad (+After Story) (7809)
      2. AnoHana (12368)
      3. Nichijou (12142)
      4. Humanity Has Declined (13787)
      5. Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ (4631)
      6. Hidamari Sketch (6811)
      7. Bunny Drop (12398)
      8. Fruits Basket (348)
      9. Sister Princess (1114)
      10. Lamune (5868)
      Still alive and lurking.

Avatar: Arisu from The [email protected]: Cinderella Girls, representing my state after each workday.

Comment

List updated. Only one new update this month, but I went with the full update anyway, since there basically haven't been any changes in the past two months.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

New List:
          1. Toradora! (10050)
          2. Darker Than Black (7382)
          3. Katanagatari (10765)
          4. Baccano! (7492)
          5. Last Exile (2294)
          6. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya/The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (6430)
          7. Angel Beats! (10885)
          8. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (10216)
          9. Bakemonogatari (10196)
          10. RahXephon (849)

This is my first attempt at a list. Always meant to do it, but kept putting it off.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleO7 View Post
            NEW LIST

1) Rebuild of Evangelion (8420)
            2) Tenchi Muyo! OVA 1&2 (919)
            3) Urusei Yatsura / OVAs, Movies (90)
            4) Neon Genesis Evangelion / End of Evangelion (49)
            5) Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal (210)
            6) NausicaŁ† of the Valley of the Wind (180)
            7) Fate/Stay Night / Unlimited Blade Works (5394)
            8) FLCL (277)
            9) Mobile Suit Gundam Wing / Endless Waltz (26)
            10) Cowboy Bebop / Knockin' on Heavens Door (13)
            Updated List:

1) Rebuild of Evangelion (8420)
            2) Tenchi Universe / In Love / Forever (272)
            3) Tenchi Muyo! OVA 1&2 (919)
            4) Hellsing Ultimate (5114)
            5) Urusei Yatsura / OVAs / Movies (90)
            6) Neon Genesis Evangelion / End of Evangelion (49)
            7) Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal (210)
            8) NausicaŁ† of the Valley of the Wind (180)
            9) Fate/Stay Night / Unlimited Blade Works (5394)
            10) FLCL (277)

Comment

So it's been a couple of months since the last update, but there hasn't been much of anything, so I think I'll give it about another month, then do one final update. Let's go with December 18 as the date. So submit and/or update any lists by then! I'll do the same for the other ranking threads as well, but obviously there's not likely to be much activity in either of them.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Damius - Top 10

For the first time ever, here is my Top 10:

01) Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (6430)
                02) Clannad (7809)
                03) K-ON! (10562)
                04) Toradora! (10050)
                05) Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (12120)
                06) Mouretsu Pirates (11399)
                07) Aria (5504)
                08) Kanon 2006 (6431)
                09) Hyouka (13817)
                10) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (6698)

It was quite difficult to do my top 10. Selecting only 10 shows, took me a long time. It’s the first list I did, it took me time mostly because I wanted to wait to have watched everything I wanted before doing it. So now that I don’t have show that didn’t air to watch, I was finally able to do the list.

01) Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu: This is my most favorite anime ever. I love tremendously everything from it. I will watch it for a second time (first season for a third time) soon. I have the music of it of course and enjoyed it quite a lot. I would like so much (will never happened) to have the background music of it… if only it was not only included on the DVD LE. (Why don’t they do like Bake?)

02) Clannad: I finished that one not too long ago and I love it tremendously as well. It made me cried, like no series did in the past. I want to rewatch it, but will probably rewatch Kanon first. I currently (while posting) listening to the music of it, what I like the most is to remember the scenes when I listen to a piece of music. Next time, I will listen to the music, I will do a track list. The track list will contain all the tracks that were used in the anime, in the order they were first played in the anime, that way I will remember the scenes it comes from even more.

03) K-ON!: This is amazing, such a great entertainment. I didn’t even finish that one at this time (episode 16 of K-ON!!) but I know this one will be in third place. Can’t wait to finish it and watch the movie… I only listened to the music of the first season… I listened to it many times already. I can’t wait to add the second season and movie music.

04) Toradora!: This is also another amazing show. I need to watch this one for a second time. Soon, really soon.

05) Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: So, this is the first show of the list that I don’t own on JP BD. I feel quite sad about it. But, at least I have the Aniplex USA version, which are really good. For the series itself, I’m out of word; I don’t know how to describe what this one made me feels.

06) Mouretsu Pirates: Just look at my signature! ^_^ Just to think I almost didn’t import this one... This was probably the show that was the first sign I would completely quit R1 couple months later. Now, that’s another show I need to watch for a second time… But for now, I can listen to the music and audio drama (thanks Something for making the translation available.) I can’t wait for the movie and a second season!

07) Aria: I love so much the pace of this one, I love to follow the characters. This show would need another season to follow Ai this time and to witness so many adorable moments with her and Akari. Also, another season would make Japan release the BDs for the first three seasons, right?

08) Kanon 2006: This show made me cry as well, not as much as Clannad, Clannad was just another level, but this one still has its place in my top 10. I will probably rewatch this just before rewatching Clannad.

09) Hyouka: This one was probably the biggest surprise in my top 10. Being a KyoAni show, I knew I would enjoy it, but never thought it would be at that level. I could watch this one without sound and still enjoy it. It may be incomplete, but it’s complete in the sense of what is available to be animated.

10) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: My list would be incomplete without this show. I watched this one three times (including the movies!)
                Last edited by Shin Seikatsu; 11-23-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                  So it's been a couple of months since the last update, but there hasn't been much of anything, so I think I'll give it about another month, then do one final update. Let's go with December 18 as the date. So submit and/or update any lists by then! I'll do the same for the other ranking threads as well, but obviously there's not likely to be much activity in either of them.
                  Aha! A new tactic: mark an end to encourage participation. No harm leaving these open, I think. (They were meant to be ongoing, originally, right?) Update as you will, a couple times a year, even. Even if you think them limited they still yet provide a resource for the people who have participated in them, a resource that I can't think will ever cease to be in some small way relevant. But, your choice in the end. Thanks for maintaining them in any case.

Anyway, I have been meaning to make but one small change, actually. So there you go. But it's mostly meaningless; merely the reordering of perspective that a measure of time allows.

Old:

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                  01. FLCL (277)
                  02. Magic Users Club OVA (345) / TV
                  03. Patlabor The Mobile Police (59) / OVA, New Files, Movies 1 & 2
                  04. Cowboy Bebop (13)
                  05. My Ordinary Life - Nichijou (12142)
                  06. Whisper of the Heart (847)
                  07. Cardcaptor Sakura (126)
                  08. Puella Magi Madoka Magica (12120)
                  09. The Legend of Black Heaven
                  (401)
                  10. Urusei Yatsura (90) / OVA, Movies
                  New:

01. FLCL (277)
                  02. Magic Users Club OVA (345) / TV
                  03. Patlabor The Mobile Police (59) / OVA, New Files, Movies 1 & 2
                  04. Cowboy Bebop (13)
                  05. My Ordinary Life - Nichijou (12142)
                  06. Whisper of the Heart (847)
                  07. Cardcaptor Sakura (126)
                  08. The Legend of Black Heaven (401)
                  09. Urusei Yatsura (90) / OVA, Movies
                  10. Puella Magi Madoka Magica (12120)
                  Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                  Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
                  Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Re: Damius - Top 10

Originally posted by Damius View Post
                    01) Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
                    02) Clannad
                    03) K-ON!
                    04) Toradora!
                    05) Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
                    06) Mouretsu Pirates
                    07) Aria
                    08) Kanon 2006
                    09) Hyouka
                    10) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
                    You're supposed to include ANN numbers for this thread, but I took care of it this time.

02) Clannad: I finished that one not too long ago and I love it tremendously as well. It made me cried, like no series did in the past. I want to rewatch it, but will probably rewatch Kanon first. I currently (while posting) listening to the music of it, what I like the most is to remember the scenes when I listen to a piece of music. Next time, I will listen to the music, I will do a track list. The track list will contain all the tracks that were used in the anime, in the order they were first played in the anime, that way I will remember the scenes it comes from even more.
                    I've made that playlist myself, if you'd like the listing of tracks. Of course I used those forum posts linked to in your thread on AoD/Mania, but you still have to search through to tell which ones aren't repeats.

Too bad my copy of Mabinogi hasn't arrived yet... I sent Treasure Japan my shipping request 3 weeks ago today. The shipping method is "EMS ( with tracking number )", but I can't find any alleged tracking number. At any rate, the songs from Mabinogi are included in my playlist, since I had already downloaded when I thought there was no chance of getting the CD at a reasonable price.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
                      Aha! A new tactic: mark an end to encourage participation. No harm leaving these open, I think. (They were meant to be ongoing, originally, right?) Update as you will, a couple times a year, even. Even if you think them limited they still yet provide a resource for the people who have participated in them, a resource that I can't think will ever cease to be in some small way relevant. But, your choice in the end. Thanks for maintaining them in any case.
                      I'm not going to attempt to deny that this was entirely my reason for this decision. Of course, it's not like the thread is going to close or anything, so people can keep posting in it. And perhaps I will update it again at some point. BUT DON'T COUNT ON IT! SUBMIT NOW!
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

You're supposed to include ANN numbers for this thread, but I took care of it this time.
                        I still edited my post. I added the first season ANN number because for every of them it is all the seasons of the franchise.

Comment

I still edited my post. I added the first season ANN number because for every of them it is all the seasons of the franchise.
                          Your number for Haruhi is for 2009. Everyone else has used 2006, so I would recommend using that one, to make sure it actually moves in the list as it should.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Your number for Haruhi is for 2009. Everyone else has used 2006, so I would recommend using that one, to make sure it actually moves in the list as it should.
                            I knew I would miss one... Sorry. Updated.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenWaste View Post
                              OLD LIST -
                              1. Boogiepop Phantom (247)
                              2. Hajime no Ippo (1139)
                              3. ef a tale of memories (8192)
                              4. Adolescence of Utena (91)
                              5. Revolutionary Girl Utena (207)
                              6. Star Driver (11607)
                              7. Katanagatari (10765)
                              8. Toward the Terra (7510)
                              9. Baccano! (7492)
                              10. Texhnolyze (2304)
                              Noticed the deadline, then noticed when I lasted posted in here. A little bit of movement since April. Nothing terribly drastic.

NEW LIST -
                              1. Bakemonogatari (10196)
                              2. Boogiepop Phantom (247)
                              3. Shiki (11302)
                              4. Hajime no Ippo (1139)
                              5. Bunny Drop (12398)
                              6. ef - a tale of memories (8192)
                              7. The Adolescence of Utena (91)
                              8. Revolutionary Girl Utena (207)
                              9. Star Driver (11607)
                              10. Katanagatari (10765)
                              Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

One week left.
                                My Top Anime | Manga
                                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse