X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fandom Post - Top Anime

Widgets Magazine
    It's been a year since we (as AoD/Mania) have had one of these last updated. something just started a new thread over there to post your top 10 favorite anime, but it doesn't include points or a master list, plus I feel that most of that community has moved over here. Hopefully this will turn out better than the Top Video Games thread. Here is the Old List for reference. As was the case in that thread, even if you have submitted a list before, you still need to submit a new list, as this is a complete restart.

This post is just the old Top Anime thread's first post copy/pasted with some edits to better fit this version of it, so thanks, Moe Moe Taiga. Since that was in turn made by combining some guidelines from both of the Most Wanted threads and the earlier Top 10 thread, thanks to Fudce and dunno as well. Extra special thanks to einhorn303 for providing me with the program that allows me to run this, as well as helping me understand all its workings.

Posting a New List

* Include a note stating that you are posting a new list.
    * List your top 10 favorite anime.
    * With every anime you list, include an Anime News Network ID number (Which can be found here. Search for your title. It's the number at the end of the URL.) I'm not aware of any cases of people's favorite anime not being on ANN, but if it's not, just replace the number with a note saying that, and I'll make sure it gets added in equally.
    * Either rank your anime from #1 to #10, or include a note stating your list is unranked.

Updating Your List

* Don't edit your post. Make a new one when updating your list.
    * Include a note stating that you are updating your previous list.
    * Include your previous list. You may do this in any form you choose, but the easiest way is to hit the QUOTE button on your previous list.
    * Try to avoid quoting multiple old lists in one post. If necessary when quoting your list, delete all of the quote except your previous list.

Ranking

* If you have a ranked list, #1 will be given 10 points, #2 will be given 9 points, and so on.
    * Titles on an unranked list will be given 5.5 points each.
    * Only the top 25 titles will be showed in the root post.
    * Titles in the root post will be displayed in this fashion:

MovementIcon Rank. Name of Title (ANN #) - Points [# of #1 Votes]

* Here's a legend for icons by the ranks.

► - NO Change
    ▲ - Moving UP into top 25
    ▲ - Moving UP
    ▼ - Moving DOWN

Eligibility

* The list will be open to TV series, OVAs/OADs/ONAs, Movies, Specials, and One-Offs.
    * This is the major difference between the previous thread and this one; all anime is eligible.

Notes

* This list will be updated around 1 time per month. It may be more or less depending on the number of lists submitted or updated in any given time period, and how much the master list will be affected by them.
    * Series with multiple seasons should be grouped in a combined entry using the ANN # of the first season. The name before the ANN # can be of the first season, a later season or seasons, both or all, or an overall series name.
    * The above rule does not include Remakes, Retellings, or series set in a different universe. (Examples: FMA and FMA: Brotherhood, Key adaptations (Toei and KyoAni), Neon Genesis Evangelion and Rebuild of Evangelion, etc.)
    * Prequels can stand alone if they don't require having seen the original. Anime that are significantly different in style from another part of their series may be separated if the general opinion is that they deserve to be because of this.
    * Any individual cases can be brought up and discussed, but as a general rule, try to use the ANN # of the first anime a person would have to see before seeing the installment in the series that may be your favorite. This is done so that a series with multiple installments only has to take up one spot on your list, and so all votes for that series will be added into one entry.
    * So even if, under the previous rules, an anime would be grouped with another anime and use an ANN # other than its own, if the general opinion is that this anime is so superior that is deserves to be recognized on its own, it can be submitted under that name and ANN #, and the results will tell if that opinion was indeed widespread enough. Technically, you could include any ANN # you want, but these guidelines are here to inform you that your vote may be lost behind all the people who may have used the ANN # of an earlier entry in the series, and that using that ANN # like them would have added to that count rather than being a lone vote.

Top 25 Anime (Updated 12/18/2012)
    ► 01. Cowboy Bebop (13) - 94 [4]
    ► 02. Cardcaptor Sakura/Cardcaptor Sakura: The Movie/Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card (126) - 64 [3]
    ▲ 03. Clannad/Clannad After Story (7809) - 57 [2]
    ▲ 04. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (10216) - 50 [1]
    ▼ 05. Neon Genesis Evangelion (49) - 49 [0]
    ▲ 06. Toradora! (10050) - 46 [1]
    ► 07. Gurren Lagann (6698) - 45 [1]
    ▲ 07. Whisper of the Heart (847) - 45 [1]
    ▼ 09. Revolutionary Girl Utena (207) - 42 [0]
    ▼ 10. Princess Tutu (1267) - 40 [2]

▲ 11. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya/The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (6430) - 37 [2]
    ▼ 12. Puella Magi Madoka Magica (12120) - 33 [0]
    ▼ 13. Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal (210) - 30 [0]
    ▲ 14. Haibane Renmei (1871) - 29 [1]
    ▼ 15. Kiki's Delivery Service (595) - 28 [0]
    ▼ 16. Azumanga Daioh (799) - 27 [1]
    ▼ 16. Spirited Away (377) - 27 [1]
    ▲ 18. Bakemonogatari (10196) - 26 [1]
    ▼ 18. One Piece (836) - 26 [2]
    ▼ 20. Patlabor The Mobile Police (59) - 26 [0]
    ▼ 20. Urusei Yatsura (90) - 26 [0]
    ▲ 22. K-ON! (10562) - 25 [0]
    ▼ 23. FLCL (277) - 24 [1]
    ▼ 24. Sailor Moon/Sailor Moon R/Sailor Moon S/Sailor Moon SuperS/Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (363) - 24 [0]
    ▼ 25. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (6704) - 23 [1]

If you have any questions/comments/suggestions, post them here or PM me. Thanks for the Sticky, Hayate Kurogane!

Everyone submit away!
    Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 12-18-2012, 04:00 PM.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Re: The Fandom Post - Top Anime

New list:

1. Cardcaptor Sakura (126)
    2. Revolutionary Girl Utena (207)
    3. Neon Genesis Evangelion (49)
    4. Sailor Moon (363)
    5. Gunbuster (466)
    6. Gurren Lagann (6698)
    7. Dragon Ball (243)
    8. Cowboy Bebop (13)
    9. Serial Experiments Lain (166)
    10. Magic User's Club (345)
    My Collection

Comment

New List:

1. Cowboy Bebop (13)
      2. Chobits (357)
      3. Toradora (10050)
      4. Spice and Wolf/Spice and Wolf II (8537)
      5. Clannad/Clannad After Story (7809)
      6. Black Lagoon/Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage (6159)
      7. Elfen Lied (4148)
      8. Koi Kaze (3595)
      9. Read or Die (OAV)/R.O.D. the TV (819)
      10. Laputa - Castle in the Sky (481)

Adding Movies made it so much harder

Given my mood, these could replace quite a few in the top 10: Fullmetal Alchemist, Midori Days, Kanon, Moribito, Princess Mononoke, Please Teacher, SaiKano, Eve no Jikan, Kiki, Oreimo and so on and so on....
      Currently watching - A Certain Magical Index II
      Finished watching - High School DXD New
      Currently reading - Dragonar Academy, Haganai, Maria the Virgin Witch

Comment

Originally posted by chidecki View Post
        9. Read or Die (OAV)/R.O.D. the TV (819)
        It's a minor issue that I can fix myself when it comes up, but I figure I might as well mention that parenthesis before the ID number causes the program to read it a little incorrectly, so try to avoid those. Other than that, perfect lists so far!
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

New list:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (10216)
          2. Clannad (7809)
          3. Kanon 2006 (6431)
          4. Puella Magi Madoka Magica (12120)
          5. Cowboy Bebop (13)
          6. Aria: The Animation (5504)
          7. Fullmetal Alchemist (2960)
          8. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (4576)
          9. Toradora! (10050)
          10. Welcome to the NHK (6357)

Choosing 9-10 is especially hard. Over a dozen shows could fit there.

If it continues to at least be as awesome as it is, I can easily see Future Diary/Mirai Nikki finding a solid position on here in a future update.
          Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

New list (I'll note sequel movies to the side when they serve as a very significant addition to my enjoyment of the series):

1. Cardcaptor Sakura (126) / Cardcaptor Sakura: The Movie 2
            2. Clannad (7809)
            3. Princess Tutu (1267)
            4. Magic User's Club (345)
            5. Azumanga Daioh (799)
            6. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (6430) / The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
            7. Aria the Animation (5504)
            8. Mahoraba: Heartful days (4631)
            9. Outlaw Star (423)
            10. K-ON! (10562)

Comment

I hope this picks up...

As an extra note, when I post the results, I'll include any sequels listed in the submitted lists.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I've got a question about this whole posting sequels rule. If there's a show with two seasons and I feel that both deserve a spot on my top ten list, HOWEVER I don't feel that both seasons deserve the same spot on my top ten list, what do I do then? Like if the second season of a show if my favorite anime, but the first season is my third favorite anime, how am I supposed to put that on my list if you're asking us to put these shows all together just because a sequel is involved?

Comment

Originally posted by CG-LOVER View Post
                  I've got a question about this whole posting sequels rule. If there's a show with two seasons and I feel that both deserve a spot on my top ten list, HOWEVER I don't feel that both seasons deserve the same spot on my top ten list, what do I do then? Like if the second season of a show if my favorite anime, but the first season is my third favorite anime, how am I supposed to put that on my list if you're asking us to put these shows all together just because a sequel is involved?
                  Judging by people's opinions the last time AoD/Mania had one of these, I'd say you're in the minority with that opinion. There are plenty of people (myself included) who would consider Clannad After Story our favorite anime, and Clannad somewhere else on our top 10 (I assume the series in question for you is Code Geass, which is pretty much the same situation). Most people would rather only have to use one of their 10 choices to represent the series, since the sequel cannot exist or be seen without the first season, and so all votes for either of the very tightly connected series could go to the same result, rather than be split up just because they're technically different seasons. I was actually arguing more on your side back then, but I definitely see now why that was the better way to go. However, my initial opinion is the reason I'll be including the name of any sequel mentioned when I post the resulting list, and the reason I added so many rules clarifying certain situations in which anime can be separated which people may not have thought of under the previous rules.

It's a very debatable issue, and I'm all for that debate being carried out to reach a conclusion that the greatest amount of people would find satisfactory, but from what I could tell, it seemed like the rules I initially posted would be closer to that conclusion than what you're suggesting. I wish I could do it in a way that everyone thought was the best way, but as that doesn't seem possible, the best I can do is please the most people possible, and add some touches that I hope agree with the other side a little.
                  Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 11-04-2011, 03:46 PM.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Please do post your top 10, though. The first post does include a note saying that you can put whatever you want on your list if you really feel it should be treated a certain way. I'm just making sure you understand that, assuming the anime in question is Code Geass, you'll be using up 2 of your highest spots for what you could fit into one, and there probably won't be any other votes specifically for R2, since others who would be voting for R2 will probably group it with the first season, which will then get the most votes and represent both. Assuming it ranks, I'll list it as both seasons anyway. But if despite all that, you really feel that R2 needs to be your number one and the first season needs to be your number three, go ahead and post it that way, and it will be factored in just like any other list. Of course, it's entirely possible that you weren't referring to Code Geass at all, but from how you described your situation, it sounds like the same would apply to whatever the actual anime in question is.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

No it definitely is Code Geass so you hit the nail on the head there. Honestly this wouldn't have been an issue for me a while ago but Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood threw a wrench into things. It was very difficult to decide where to place that show on my list. I love it about as much as I love Code Geass. Anyway, I'm not really concerned about votes or anything like that, so I'm just gonna put up both seasons on the list if that's alright.

My Top Ten Anime

1. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 #9173
                      2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood #10216
                      3. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion #6704
                      4. Monster #3750
                      5. Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion #419
                      6. InuYasha #159
                      7. My-HiME #4155
                      8. Evangelon: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance #8421
                      9. Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Second Season #10157
                      10. Now and Then, Here and There #287

Boy it was difficult figuring out where I should put those movies on the list.
                      Last edited by CG-LOVER; 11-05-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Now something that is important is that the numbers be put in parenthesis, and I think it's probably best to leave # signs off. For yours, I already edited my copy to fit that, but it's still important for future reference. Also:

Originally posted by CG-LOVER View Post
                        8. Evangelon: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance #8421
                        For the problem with parenthesis before the ANN ID number I mentioned before, I cut off the "You Can (Not) Advance".
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Ok

Comment

As this is a new beginning, I shall newly compile my list as I post this. Integrating movies will make it a bit of a challenge as that will bump worthy series off the list (and vice versa), but here goes...

01 - Adolescence of Utena (91)
                            02 - Revolutionary Girl Utena (207)
                            03 - Figure 17 (1116)
                            04 - The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (6733)
                            05 - Serial Experiments Lain (166)
                            06 - Maria Watches Over Us -all seasons- (3150)
                            07 - Gunslinger Girl (2947)
                            08 - Spirited Away (377)
                            09 - Haibane Renmei (1871)
                            10 - Cardcaptor Sakura -plus movies- (126)

I would list everything else that had a shot (or got bumped because of being a combined list), but I'd be here all night.

This list is, of course, subject to change at any time after a rewatch or if a new series earns a spot high on my favorites list.
                            Last edited by Serial Experiments Nobue; 11-06-2011, 09:44 PM.
                            Matsuri intently studies! || my avatar library
                            ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon S; Ronja, The Robber's Daughter
                            ~ Last Watched: Children Who Chase Lost Voices; KanColle; When Marnie Was There; The Tale of the Princess Kaguya; The Wind Rises; From Up on Poppy Hill
                            homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Originally posted by Serial Experiments Nobue View Post
                              10 - Cardcaptor Sakura -plus movies- (126)
                              A minor question, but would this include Leave it to Kero! Theatrical Version, or just the two original sequel movies?
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...