Widgets Magazine

Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ムヒョとロージーの魔法律相談事務所

A show about two supernatural detectives who investigate problems caused by evil spirits and other supernatural beings. They are quite a bizaare pair, but they are great at their job.

Airs: Friday, August 3, 2018

Studio: Deen

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Are you a victim of unwanted spirit possession? Is there a ghost you need sent up and away...or down to burn for all eternity? If the answer is yes, then you need Muhyo and Roji, experts in magic law. Serving justice to evil spirits is their specialty.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rimuru, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Friendship saves the day.

It looks like this will be a case-of-the-week type of show, but there's something ominous there with the ending going to show that there might be something big this show will build up to. So it begins with Rie coming to Muhyo and Roji wanting to investigate her friend Taeko, who she got into an argument with and inadvertently killed her when that push knocked her all the way back to the tracks in front an incoming bullet train. With Muhyo's magic, Taeko passed on, but thanks to the two making before her final moments, she was taken to a much better place instead of Hell.

So I'll give this another episode, and while I have pretty much settled on which shows I am going to watch already without taking this show into consideration, the finalized watchlist was created with a slot that will either be used for this late-starting show or for nothing at all.
    Watching: Hero Mask, Granblue Fantasy, Tales of Zestiria, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, BIY, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, MBZ, MVN, XYS, ZLS, GSH, JSY
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Not a picture perfect investigation.

Next clients are Keiji and Nana. There's Keiji, who lifted the seal unleashing an evil spirit during a test of courage that Muhyo had to come in and put away for good. Then there's Nana who is into photography, and has used a special camera that she got from her father quite a long time ago, but then things just went south with her family from there as her parents got divorced, and her father refuses to get a job instead spending time trying to make a quick buck with those fabricated images. So in the end, he was turned into a monster, but got sent to River Styx instead of Hell realizing that he never had any ill intent towards Nana. After a somewhat alright first episode, this one was a mess of things.

So seeing that it's already approaching the midpoint of the season that I think that will be it for this show as I wasn't high on this show coming in, and certainly what I have seen so far didn't give me the impression of something I would want to put up with for an entire season.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X