Widgets Magazine

Currenlty Watching (Summer 2018 Edition)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Currenlty Watching (Summer 2018 Edition)

Widgets Magazine
    The heat is on, and so is the summer season of anime. Spring was a season of epic proportions (albeit that depends on what your definition of that means as it will very), but nevertheless it was a great season. But now that's in the past, save for the shows that are continuing into this season, and it's now time to start another Currently Watching thread for this season.

The link to the Spring 2018 Edition
    Summer 2018 Anime Chart
    Summer 2018 Anime Lineup Thread

Note
    - Change the title of your post to reflect the contents.
    - Do not use the Reply to Thread button; instead, click quote on the post you wish to reply to, or on this post if you're starting a new subthread.
    - Edit down the quoted section to the relevant bits, nobody needs to read someone's epic list of watched stuff twice.
    - Be nice to one another.
    - Please discuss only what you are watching this season in this thread. Stuff watched during other seasons should be discussed in their respective threads.

Also, I'd like to add the following. The Currently Watching Thread is mainly meant for a general overview of how you're currently feeling about shows. It is not supposed to be a replacement for actual discussion threads. Try to keep heavier discussion (if possible) in the more specific discussion threads.

In addition, try to be careful of spoilers here. It's one thing if it's properly tagged and such. However, I don't want people to have to worry about someone randomly posting "Wow, X died in episode 17 of Y". Just a randomly made up example, but you get the idea.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Fukaziroh, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
    Watching: Chihayafuru 2, Perfect Insider, DB Super, One Piece, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Simulcast Interest Levels for Summer 2018

As usual, I am starting things off with my simulcast interest list, one which I couldn't really finalize until I know what shows are airing where as that has a huge impact on where it lands on this list. Once again, here are the tiers for how likely I will watch certain shows this season:
    • IN: It's on the watchlist no matter what. This mostly applies to continuing shows and sequels.
    • PROBABLE: I'm checking out, and it has a very good chance of making the cut. I have dropped shows in this category in the past, so it's not automatic.
    • QUESTIONABLE: I'm checking out, and impressions will dictate its fate. Pretty much, it's for shows I have moderate interest in at the beginning.
    • DOUBTFUL: I may or may not check it out, and if I do, it must really impress me in order to make the cut.
    • OUT: I'm not bothering with it at all.
    So it's onto assessment. One of the reasons I don't do this before the season anymore is because of the fact that shows are in many different places. And in particular, if a show ends up with Netflix, it automatically goes into Doubtful or Out since it's not legally available anywhere. This season, a whopping six shows (as of this moment) are not streaming anywhere during the season as Netflix has Baki, Back Street Girls, Sirius the Jaeger, and High Score Girl, while Sunohara-sou and Aguu haven't been picked up. I'll assume Muhyo and Rouji and We Rent Tsukumogami get picked up by Crunchyroll for the purposes of making this list seeing that there isn't anything to suggest otherwise. As usual, I have the shows with three-letter codes to let everybody know what I'm watching in my sig.

IN
    [MHA-3] My Hero Academia season 3 (continuing)
    [STG-0] Steins;Gate 0 (continuing)
    [AOT-3] Attack on Titan season 3
    [FRE-3] Free! Dive into the Future
    [OVL-3] Overlord III
    [AKJ] My Sweet Tyrant (short)
    [NBS-3] Ninja Girl and Samurai Master 3rd (short)
    [EOC-3] Encouragement of Climb Third Season (short)
    [IDM-CT3] Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls Theater season 3 (short)
    [IIZ] Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World (short)
    [1RM-2] One Room 2nd Season (short)

PROBABLE
    [BNF] Banana Fish
    [HTS] Cells at Work!
    [GBL] Grand Blue Dreaming
    [HBD] Hanebad!
    [7SR] Seven Senses of the Re'Union

QUESTIONABLE
    [100] 100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams
    [AAB] Asobi Asobase
    [ADH] Angels of Death
    [ANG] Angolmois
    [CIO] Chio's School Road
    [DKD] Dropkick on My Devil!
    [HSL] Happy Sugar Life
    [HRV] Harukana Receive
    [HKS] Holmes at Kyoto Teramachi Sanjo
    [HND] How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
    [ISL] Island
    [LVM] Lord of Vermillion: The Crimson King
    [MRJ] Muhyo and Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation
    [PWH] Planet With
    [RSL] Revue Starlight
    [TMG] We Rent Tsukumogami
    [YUY] Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs

DOUBTFUL
    [AGU] Aguu: Genius Dolls
    [BSG] Back Street Girls
    [HSG] High Score Girl
    [TBB-S] Late Night! Genius Bakabon
    [MRE] The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar
    [SUH] Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou
    [TGW] Mr. Tonegawa: Middle Management Blues
    [OSJ] Music Girls
    [PTW] Phantom in the Twilight
    [SJR] Sirius the Jaeger
    [TNM] The Thousand Noble Musketeers
    [BGD-P] BanG Dream! Girls Band Party Pico

OUT
    Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai! 2
    Gintama: Silver Soul Arc season 2
    Joshi Ochi
    Rilu Rilu Fairilu: Magic Pendulum
    Space Bug
    Working Buddies! season 2
    Yamishibai season 6
    Zoids Wild

So as things stand, the shorts are pretty much spoken for as thanks to a lot of them being continuing shows (Isekai Izakaya, Ninja Girl, My Sweet Tyrant) or sequels (Encouragement of Climb, One Room, Cinderella Girls Theater), I'm over the capacity there. As for the full-length stuff, I did expand my load to 20 shows, but I'll try and keep it down to 18 if I can, and with the season being a bit lighter, I would have it finalized sooner had it not been for a couple of shows starting much later than usual. Two shows are continuing, while three shows are sequels, and barring an epic nosedive, the five shows in Probable list are going to secure their slots leaving me with eight shows left between the 17 in the Questionable list.
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Buckeye's Summer 2018 Anime Viewership Plan

After being sidetracked having to figure out which simulcasts are streaming where, I finally got myself organized to put out my viewership plan for post-simulcasts this season. So as usual, the list is just a tentative gameplan as not only will I not watch everything on this list, but there are other shows not on this list that will get watched.

^ indicates shows being rewatched

From the Beginning
      ^Aokana
      ^Attack on Titan season 2
      ^Chihayafuru 2
      ^Food Wars! The Second Plate
      ^My Hero Academia season 2
      ^The Perfect Insider
      ^Re:Zero
      ^Space Patrol Luluco
      ^Squid Girl
      Brynhildr in the Darkness
      Code Geass: Akito the Exiled
      Dragon Ball Super
      Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Continuing Shows
      ^Seraph of the End (from episode 13)
      Future Card Buddyfight X (from episode 31)
      Gintama (from episode 27)
      Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders (from episode 32)
      Hunter x Hunter (from episode 77)
      Naruto Shippuden (from episode 202)
      One Piece (from episode 517)
      Pokemon Sun and Moon (from episode 55)
      Rurouni Kenshin (from episode 63)

With the recent news about several Netflix shows not coming until the fall, as well as the possibility that Ingress gets simulcasted that I decided to delay my return to Netflix and focus on getting through my BD backlog and watching Toonami stuff that I have fallen far behind on. So unless the unexpected happens, no Netflix shows are planned.

So to begin the summer season, first up is Food Wars! The Second Plate as I got the BD for that show.

Comment

Seeing that there are a couple of late-starting shows this season that I'll go ahead and do my informal show selection process seeing that I have a pretty good idea of about 80% of my watchlist this season.

So first things first, the locks as there are five shows with full-length episodes that are either continuing (My Hero Academia, Steins;Gate 0), or sequels (Free!, Attack on Titan, Overlord). And the shorts are already spoken for as my allowance is overfilled with continuing shows (Isekai Izakaya, My Sweet Tyrant, Ninja Girl and Samurai Master) and sequels (Encouragement of Climb, Cinderella Girls Theater, One Room), so there's no more selection process for these. So with that, five of the 18-20 slots for full-length shows are taken. With Muhyo and Roji getting a very late start that I set aside an extra slot that will either be filled by that show or remain empty.

To start things off, here are the shows that didn't take long for me to lock down as I really got into Hanebado!, Banana Fish, Seven Senses of the Re'Union, Cells at Work!, and Grand Blue. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'm committed to watching these shows through to the end. That's ten slots locked down.

Next phase is to fill the daily minimum, and the only days with that need are Mondays and Saturdays as those days have the weakest lineup relative to their average lineup. As such, I am picking one and only one show from the Monday lineup as that day doesn't have a full-length show. Right now, I'm leaning towards Dropkick on My Devil, while Kyoto of Holmes looks like something I might be able to enjoy, while Phantom in the Twilight is a distant third. So one of these three shows will take a slot, while a third Saturday show will take a spot as right now, it's down to Revue Starlight and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs. No chance for Master of Ragnarok and Music Girls as those shows just bored me in a big way.

So with 12 spots accounted for, that leaves me with 6-8 more, and the shows with a realistic shot are Asobi Asobase, Island, Planet With, Angolmois, We Rent Tsukumogami, How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, 100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams, Angels of Death, Harukana Receive, Chio's School Road, Happy Sugar Life, and whichever is not chosen as the third Saturday show between Revue Starlight and Yuuna for a total of 12 shows. Of these, Chio's School Road, Island, Planet With, and Angolmois are on the outside looking in, while Happy Sugar Life and Asobi Asobase currently have the highest chances of making the cut.

Comment

Post-Simulcast Report: July 1-15

Before things get too out of hand, I'm doing my first post-simulcast report of the season. Things are about to get hectic starting this weekend, so I want to get one thing out of the way seeing that waiting would mean having to dig deep to find my watching history on MAL.

Completed

Calamity of a Zombie Girl (special): C-
          This special had the potential to be worthwhile, but this special has a laundry list of problems. First of all, the animation goes to show just how much of an afterthought Gonzo has become.

*Darling in the FranXX: B+

*FLCL Progressive: C+

^Food Wars! The Second Plate (1-13): A+
          This show keeps on doing what makes Food Wars so great with excellent cooking action, likable characters, and amazing drama, all while making the show catchy in every way. The direction is especially great during the end of the Autumn Elections arc going to show that it's all about the journey and not the destination.

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled (1-5): B
          After an amazing TV series, here comes a spinoff that take place between the two seasons, and while this show is underwhelming, it is worthwhile to watch. Akito just is nowhere near Lelouch's level and that puts a damper on this spinoff. But this show continues to do what the TV series does well with the action aspect and it does a solid job with the story. The drama was nicely done as well. It's just that the story was a bit too hard to follow all while the character development felt underwhelming.

Continuing

[DBZ-S] Dragon Ball Super (1-20)
          [NAR-S] Naruto Shippuden (202-203)
          [OPC] One Piece (517-527)

Comment

Summer 2018 Simulcast Rankings: July

Before I forget, I need to do my first leader board for the season. Between making a trip to Canada and the fact that a few shows are getting really late starts, it slipped out of my mind and with so many other posts in this thread I need to write, I need to at least get this one out before watching more episodes influences my opinion. The procedures are the same: baseball terminology for tier names, only content shown this season is reflected in the rankings for multiple cour shows (hence leading to a grade that's possibly not reflective of its position), shows I'm watching in black, shows I'm dropping in red, and shows I'm still making a decision on in blue. All shows I checked out are part of this, and those dropped shows won't be in the subsequent leader boards. Since Muhyo and Roji didn't start until August that this show is not part of the rankings, and will only take part in the subsequent ones if it makes my watchlist. So with that, onto the first rankings of the season.

Home Run
            Steins;Gate 0
            My Hero Academia season 3
            Attack on Titan season 3

Base Hit
            Cells at Work!
            Overlord III
            Sirius the Jaeger
            Grand Blue
            Banana Fish
            Free! Dive to the Future
            Hanebado!
            Asobi Asobase
            Encouragement of Climb Third Season
            Revue Starlight

Walk
            How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
            High Score Girl
            Seven Senses of the Re'Union
            Happy Sugar Life
            Angels of Death
            Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion
            Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World
            My Sweet Tyrant
            Ninja Girl and Samurai Master 3rd
            Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
            Harukana Receive

Chio's School Road

Flyout
            Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou
            Planet With
            Island
            We Rent Tsukumogami

Dropkick On My Devil!
            Holmes of Kyoto
            Cinderella Girls Theater season 3
            Mr. Tonegawa: Middle Management Blues
            100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams
            Phantom in the Twilight
            Back Street Girls

Strikeout
            Music Girls
            One Room 2nd Season
            Lord of Vermillion: The Crimson King
            The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar
            The Thousand Musketeers
            Aguu: Genius Dolls

This is shaping up to be a pretty weak season, but of course even in a season like this there are always good shows to be found, as well as bad shows that I still enjoy. But if anything, it helped narrowed down my watchlist between that and the fact that a large number of shows aren't streaming, whether it be because of Netflix or the show simply wasn't picked up by anybody for some unknown reason. Anyway, I have pretty much settled on my watchlist for the season with 16 standard length shows and six shorts (all of them either being continuing shows or sequels) locked in, and the last two spots are going to either Angels of Death, Harukana Receive, or Yuuna, with the possibility that all three make it as I guess I can squeeze one more show in.

Comment

New For Summer 2018:

01. Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2 (A)
              02. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 (A-)
              03. Overlord III (B+)
              04. Grand Blue (B)
              05. Free!: Dive to the Future (B)
              06. Banana Fish (B)
              07. Hataraku Saibou (TV) (B)
              08. Asobi Asobase (B-)
              09. Hanebado! (B-)

Dropped:

10. Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu (C+) 3 episodes
              11. Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight (C+) 4 episodes
              12. Satsuriku no Tenshi (C) 3 episodes

Everything I'm Watching:

01. Steins;Gate 0 (A)[/B] Plus SimulDub
              02. Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2 (A)
              03. Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season (A)
              04. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 (A-)
              05. One Piece (A-)
              06. Detective Conan (B+)
              07. Overlord III (B+)
              08. Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi (B)
              09. Grand Blue (B)
              10. Free!: Dive to the Future (B)
              11. Lupin III: Part 5 (B)
              12. Banana Fish (B)
              13. Hataraku Saibou (TV) (B)
              14. Asobi Asobase (B-)
              15. Hanebado! (B-)

Dropped:

16. Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu (C+)
              17. Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight (C+)
              18. Satsuriku no Tenshi (C)

Weekly Schedule:

Sunday (4): Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2, Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3, Asobi Asobase, Hanebado!
              Monday (1): Steins;Gate 0 (SimulDub)
              Tuesday (2): Overlord III, Lupin III: Part 5
              Wednesday (3): Steins;Gate 0, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi, Free!: Dive to the Future
              Thursday (1): Banana Fish
              Friday (1): Grand Blue
              Saturday (4): Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season, One Piece, Detective Conan, Hataraku Saibou (TV)
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Summer 2018: First Impressions

Alright, it's almost the halfway point of the season, and I still haven't done my first impressions as there are a few shows with some really late starts, all while life got in the way. I'll keep it short and get straight to my impressions: First tier the show is either in or likely in, second tier is 50-50, and the last tier I have dropped or if not, I plan to do so barring the unexpected upturn. Since almost all the shows are nearly halfway in that I'll try and keep the impressions to the first one or two episodes, and their positions are reflective of where they were when I got through episode two.

Red Zone
                My Hero Academia season 3 - Continuing from the spring
                Steins;Gate 0 - Continuing from the spring
                Attack on Titan season 3 - This show picks up right where the last one left off, and the storytelling stays up to par.
                Free! Dive to the Future - This show has been doing a nice job in introducing the new characters. With the way season 2 ended, season 3 has a tough act to follow, and so far it has been doing its job.
                Overlord III - This show picks up nicely where it left off despite, and it continues to do everything that made this show so good.
                Banana Fish - The storytelling has just been full of intrigue leading to a show that has plenty of great things going for it.
                Cells at Work! - Fun, educational, and humorous. Pretty much, this show is designed to be smart and educational, and that made for some great enjoyment.
                Grand Blue Dreaming - This show is about scuba diving, and this show does a great job with the comedy and being wild and crazy. That said, this show seems to be overdoing things.
                Hanebado! - The atmosphere of this show is so intense leading to a nicely-constructed story thus far. The characters all have issues that lead to some pretty intriguing stuff.
                Seven Senses of the Re'Union - This show combines elements of SAO and Anohana together, and for the most part the results are mediocre as it's bogged down by subpar animation and lack of complexity. However, the story has lots of intrigue and some great entertainment value to it to make it worthwhile.
                Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World (short) - Continuing from the spring
                My Sweet Tyrant (short) - Continuing from the spring
                Ninja Girl and Samurai Master 3rd (short) - Continuing from the spring
                Encouragemet of Climb 3rd Season (short) - Seeing that this show is now at a time where the weather isn't as ideal for hiking, this show is doing a nice job in building relationships and doing more stuff about school life, and it's working.
                The Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls Theater - It's more of the season from the first two seasons, and I must say that this season is weaker than the previous two.
                One Room 2nd Season (short) - The first season was an abomination, but this season is an improvement as the animation quality is better, and the MC (i.e. me) is making more sensible decisions than in the first season.

Midfield
                Revue Starlight - This show is Utena mixed with Kaleido Star, and this is a show that brings an awful lot of mystery and intrigue, as well as the potential for a lot of character development.
                Asobi Asobase - The show has been great at comedy, and doing so while keeping things fresh. That said, the animation is something that won't be for everybody.
                How Not to Summon a Demon Lord - While it's another one of those isekai shows with the cliched elements of an OP MC and a bunch of girls, this one manages to be enjoyable and well-adapted from the source material opting to prioritize humor and sensibility over fanservice. What this show does well is to differentiate between the player and the avatar as while the avatar is OP, the player is actually weak.
                Chio's School Road - The show is funny, but at the same time it's very repetitive to the point where just seeing it once means I have seen it all.
                100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams - This show is pretty much what I came to expect out of something adapted from an otome smartphone game. While the story lacks spark, it does have some interesting bits and pieces, all while the MC is one of the better ones for a show of this kind. That said, it still falls into many of the traps shows like these tend to fall into.
                Happy Sugar Life - This show does a nice job in making characters unlike anything in the usual show as the MC is a villain doing all sorts of evil deeds to preserve her yuri relationship. While it's not something that everybody can approve of, it makes for an interesting show.
                Angels of Death - This is pretty much like a puzzle game, and while the suspense is great, the story just feels flat.
                Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs - This show takes a lot of cliches and other generic stuff that harems typically have. But this show turns that into something highly entertaining and enjoyable for those who love these kinds of shows.
                Harukana Receive - It's a fanservicey show about girls playing beach volleyball in their skimpy outfits, but what I like about this show is the way the characters are developing relationships with each other.
                Dropkick on My Devil - It's funny and worthwhile to watch for all the characters and their crazy antics.
                Holmes of Kyoto - The show has some fun mysteries to deal with, all while the MC is such a great guy. But those things alone aren't going to elevate a show that's lacking in animation quality and follows a mystery-of-the-week format.
                Island - This has a good, solid foundation with the mystery aspect to it. That said, the storytelling has been inconsistent as while some of it is great, a lot of it is irritating.

Own 20
                Sirius the Jaeger - This show has done a nice job with the action and the storytelling as P.A. Works delivers again with their top-notch animation quality. But with Netflix not simulcasting it that it goes on hold.
                High Score Girl - This show does a nice job in reminding me of what life was like in the 90's in regards to video games. That said, the ugly artwork and the tendency to get repetitive can put other people off.
                Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou - The show has been a solid, heartwarming comedy. The antics of the characters, however, can get really irritating. That said, this show doesn't make it because it somehow isn't being streamed anywhere.
                Angolmois - This show does a solid job in storytelling and character development all while going to show that societies need to evolve seeing that the Mongols are no ordinary enemies. Whiel that is good, what's off-putting are the animation and the story direction.
                Planet With - This show does a lot of bizarre and dumb things making it worth watching just to experience some dumb fun. But that's just about the only reason to watch it as it offers very little beyond that.
                We Rent Tsukumogami - While the show had a solid atmosphere to it, the show just lacks anything that stands out, all while it takes a rinse-and-repeat approach from the look of things.
                Mr. Tonegawa: Middle Management Blues - Seeing that I came in not having watched Kaiji that I didn't find this show appealing. That said, things were just happening and it was all over the place making it too hard to follow.
                Phantom in the Twilight - It's a mildly entertaining show with decent action, but doesn't have much of a story to it all while the characters are just not getting settled in.
                Lord of Vermillion: The Crimson King - This show is pretty dull, and stuff just simply happens without much explaining or elaboration to it. It's pretty clear that it was made to advertise more than anything.
                The Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar - This show is simply generic and messy. There are ways that a cliched harem can be worthwhile, but this show does nothing towards that end.
                Music Girls - Idol shows are just everywhere these days, and this one is a great example of how not to make one. There's no plot, the girls are unappealing, and stuff just happens without any connecting or charm to it.
                The Thousand Musketeers - It's pretty much a carbon copy of Touken Ranbu replacing the swords with guns, and it has none of the great comedy or action that the two series have going for them. I was just bored to death by this.
                Aguu: Genius Dolls - Horror just isn't my thing, and this show continues to show why I don't care about it.

Comment

Post-Simulcast Report: July 16-31

Here is my second post-simulcast report of the summer season, and I want to get that out of the way before I can't easily access my history on MAL. Once again, I list everything I watched during the latter half of July

Completed

^Space Patrol Luluco (1-12): B
                  This is one of the best short-format series out there as it does a great job in utilizing Trigger's works to produce a show that's wild and entertaining. The show has a pretty solid story for a short, all while the crazy nature of the show really makes this show click. Just about the only major issues with this show is that things can get repetitive and its reliance on gimmicks.

Brynhildr in the Darkness (1-13, OVA): C+
                  This show had plenty of potential to be an emotional roller coaster as it has a solid foundation and a good premise. However, the execution is another matter entirely as Arms shows why they are such an incompetent studio. While the emotional aspects are nicely handled, the storywriting is sloppy opting to do lots of silly stuff and emphasizing fanservice at inappropriate times, all while the buildup made for a weak finale. That said, it still has entertainment value as a drama.

Ongoing

[HXH] Hunter x Hunter (93-97)
                  [JBA-SC] Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders (31-35)
                  [OPC] One Piece (528-537)

Comment

Summer 2018: Finalized Watchlist

My watchlist had mostly been figured out, but the final shows that took awhile to figure out. In the end, I decided that I'll just keep all three of those borderline shows that got extended trial periods seeing that I did increase my limit. So in the end, that's 19 shows with full-length episodes and six shorts (two with half-length episode and four with episodes under five minutes). I'm going to do things a little different this time around as I'll only be listing the shows that I am watching and instead of listing everything that was dropped, I'll only list the shows that just missed the cut.

Watching
                    • My Hero Academia season 3 (continuing)
                    • Steins;Gate 0 (continuing)
                    • Attack on Titan season 3 (sequel)
                    • Free! Dive to the Future (sequel)
                    • Overlord III (sequel)
                    • Banana Fish
                    • Seven Senses of the Re'Union
                    • Cells at Work!
                    • Hanebado!
                    • Grand Blue Dreaming
                    • Revue Starlight
                    • Dropkick on My Devil!
                    • Asobi Asobase
                    • How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
                    • Happy Sugar Life
                    • 100 Sleeping Princess and the Kingdom of Dreams
                    • Angels of Death
                    • Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
                    • Harukana Receive
                    • Isekai Isekaya: Japanese Food From Another World (short)
                    • Encouragement of Climb Third Season (short)
                    • Akkun to Kanojo: My Sweet Tyrant (short)
                    • The Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls Theater season 3 (short)
                    • Ninja Girl and Samurai Master 3rd (short)
                    • One Room 2nd season (short)
                    First Shows Out
                    • Sirius the Jaeger
                    • Chio's School Road
                    • Island
                    Week at a Glance
                    Sunday (3): Asobi Asobase, Hanebado!, Attack on Titan
                    Monday (3/1): Dropkick, One Room, Encouragement of Climb
                    Tuesday (2/1): Cinderella Girls Theater, Overlord
                    Wednesday (2): Free!, Steins;Gate 0
                    Thursday (5/4): Demon Lord, 100 Sleeping Princes, Seven Senses, Banana Fish, Isekai Izakaya
                    Friday (6/4): Angels of Death, Harukana Receive, My Sweet Tyrant, Ninja Girl, Happy Sugar Life, Grand Blue
                    Saturday (4): My Hero Academia, Revue Starlight, Yuuna, Cells at Work!

Thursdays through Sundays are all pretty heavy, while Mondays through Wednesdays are pretty light. As usual, I'll explain my process of arriving at this watchlist in another post.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X