X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ゆらぎ荘の幽奈さん

A show about a cute ghost girl who haunts a dorm complex that was once a hot springs resort. Some guy becomes a resident and is tasked with banishing ghosts, until he meets Yuuna.

Airs: Saturday, July 14, 2018

Studio: Xebec

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Fuyuzora Kogarashi has the ability to see supernatural, and has been possessed by ghosts since he was a kid. This has caused a lot of trouble in his life, but now he has learned to fight back against the evil spirits! Unfortunately, he's now also very poor, homeless, and hoping for a happier, more normal, high school life. In his search for housing, he's introduced to a very cheap boarding house called Yuragi Manor, which was formerly a popular hot springs inn. It's so cheap because the house is haunted by the spirit of a high school student whose corpse was found there.

Kogarashi doesn't think this is going to be a problem for him, and the rest of the house's tenants appear to be sexy women. While relaxing in the hot springs, though, he finds there is an issue with his ghost-banishing plan; Yuragi Manor's ghost is a 16-year-old girl named Yuna, who lives in his room. Kogarashi has no desire to hurt a ghost girl, and instead he ends up agreeing to help her to figure out her unfinished business. That way, she can move onto the afterlife before turning evil and falling into hell. Once it is clear that he is fine with Yuna, the other tenants reveal their own supernatural secrets?his life in Yuragi Manor is going to be far from ordinary!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ochaco Uraraka, My Hero Academia
    Watching: Unit Pandora, Children of the Whales, Aokana, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

No busting this ghost.

It begins with Kogarashi finding a place that's dirt cheap, and for him it's a great deal seeing that the catch is that the place is haunted by a ghost, a cute one who just wants company and to shed her regrets before ascending to heaven. While an exorcist is out to forcefully ascend her before she's ready, Kogarashi comes to her defense, and so life begins with Kogarashi and Yuuna living together in the same complex as a bunch of eccentric ladies. So far, it's the typical harem comedy, and while it has the typical cliches and nuances, it's worthwhile to watch as at the very least it's making a solid attempt at telling a story.

So the usual trial rules apply, and while it's far from being top-shelf material, it's a fun enough time to be had. So I'll keep watching for the time being before I make a decision.
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

The ball isn't bouncing his way.

This episode just goes into full-blown harem mode here as it throws every cliche in the book from that dreaded perceived pervert card with Kogarashi, to the other girls giving him a peace of their mind beating him up as the other residents aren't exactly normal, either. Sagiri is a ninja, Yaya is a catgirl, Nonko is an ogre, and Chitose can manipulate fortunes. And things get even crazier with that ping pong match there with all those supernatural powers leading to chaos. While it's cliched, it's still fun and entertaining stuff to watch.

So with that, I'll give it another episode or two before making a decision on this show. It's one of several bubble shows for this season.

Comment

Episode 3

Attack of the killer plushies.

Kogarashi begins his school life, and already he's in the doghouse thanks to Yuuna lifting Chisaki's skirt and causing the desks to float and crash. But while others don't believe his supernatural stuff, that did draw attention to Chisaki and thanks to that, her problem with the flying plushies has been brought to Kogarashi's attention, and he adds yet another girl to the harem in the tanuki girl Koyuzu as she just needed a place to belong to. Yuuna might have caused trouble, but being able to befriend two more girls was well worth it.

So I'll give this show one more episode. While this show plays all the generic harem tropes, at least it's very enjoyable stuff. In any case, it's on the bubble, and I need to sit down and see where all the shows stack up before making a final decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
          Episode 3

Attack of the killer plushies.

Kogarashi begins his school life, and already he's in the doghouse thanks to Yuuna lifting Chisaki's skirt and causing the desks to float and crash. But while others don't believe his supernatural stuff, that did draw attention to Chisaki and thanks to that, her problem with the flying plushies has been brought to Kogarashi's attention, and he adds yet another girl to the harem in the tanuki girl Koyuzu as she just needed a place to belong to. Yuuna might have caused trouble, but being able to befriend two more girls was well worth it.

So I'll give this show one more episode. While this show plays all the generic harem tropes, at least it's very enjoyable stuff. In any case, it's on the bubble, and I need to sit down and see where all the shows stack up before making a final decision.
          This show is just pure fun. I'll certainly be watching it
          My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
          1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
          2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
          3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 4

That's her ninja way.

And now, here's a two-parter where the first part is about Sagiri, and the second part is about Yaya. Sagiri sure is a tough ninja, but she's up against a formidable opponent in a youkai that causes a wardrobe malfunction to anybody that gets touched by its fog. Sagiri had a plan to bring Kogarashi along and a spare change of clothes as all it took was the aura in Kogarashi's punch to dispel the fog. And then it's onto Yaya where Kogarashi shows that he's a capable cook when Nakai was unavailable. He then makes a friend with that ghost cat spirit residing inside Yaya after spending some time on the roof. Pretty fun stuff once again as Sagiri is a total badass, while that ghost cat is really cute.

So with that, the trial period is over, but I'll extend the trial period as this is one of three shows vying for the last two spots on my season watchlist. I could very well just take all three since I have the room, but nevertheless I'm not ready to decide one way or the other on this show just yet.

Comment

Episode 5

She's a work of art.

It's another two-parter like last time as first, it's about Chisaki and Yuuna spending some time together talking school uniform, and then Nonko who is a mangaka and is up against a deadline leading to her editor Rui coming over. Yuuna just needed to know the attributes of her school uni and that required Chisaki to take it off, and unfortunately she can't get a picture of her as she doesn't appear like she normally does in the camera. Then it's Nonko having to pull an all-nighter to get a manga done seeing that she wasted so much time drinking away. It turns out she was a youkai hunter, but hated the idea of spending her life not doing what she really wanted to do. Pretty fun stuff once again going to show that these girls all have their own quirks and everything.

So now, I'm at the point where I need to make a decision on this show, and right now I can't definitively say one way or the other which way I'll go.

Comment

Episode 6

For couples only.

It's another two-parter where the first part is about Chitose able to reap the benefits of looking 13 forever, and then Kogarashi and Yuuna going on a date where because nobody else can see Yuuna that they think that he's alone. Chitose's ability to change luck really came in handy there as she helped those girls pull through when that delinquent tried to force her friends to go with them. And then Kogarashi is having a tough time with the date to the indoor water park seeing that lots of things there are only available to couples, which nobody else knows because Yuuna is invisible to everybody else. That date sure didn't go as planned, all while there are the typical swimsuit escapades that happen in a show like this.

Comment

Episode 7

Dragons and ghosts don't mix.

Here comes Genshiro and Oboro, and Genshiro is searching for his perfect bride. This dragon quickly had his sights set on Yuuna, which of course is unrequited as Yuuna just can't fall in love with anybody. Of course, Genshiro doesn't give a damn about that, and by kidnapping Yuuna, that has Kogarashi going after him with Koyuzu and Sagiri helping him out. It's good to see Sagiri back in action, all while looking hot in that bodysuit. Kogarashi sure is in for quite a fight.

Comment

Episode 8

There are better ways to fall in love.

And just like that, Kogarashi's harm continues to grow. Genshiro was a pushover, but Oboro was a different matter entirely as Kogarashi doesn't hit women, and he finds out that Oboro is one of them. In the end, Koyuzu saved the day getting the other residents over to solve this problem without any further fighting. Seeing how strong Kogarashi is to easily overwhelm Genshiro that Oboro has fallen for him, and that's going to lead to even more hijinks back at the inn. Pretty bizarre how things got resolved there, especially with Genshiro falling for Koyuzu's trick.

Comment

Episode 9

Come on over.

Chisaki makes a visit to the inn, and she experiences firsthand how crazy things can get, and none more so than during the night when she's sleeping with Yuuna, and she makes all sorts of fanservicey advances. And then Kogarashi gets home from work early, and Oboro comes in to try and seduce him, but he lets her know that it's only for requited lovers. Things got pretty hectic there with full-blown fanservice censored by streaking lights going on. Chisaki sure was overwhelmed there, but she made friends with everybody there, especially with Koyuzu as she certainly fits in with everybody else at this inn.

Comment

Episode 10

It's no vacation.

And here comes the obligatory beach episode, which contains all the tropey stuff in the book for these kinds of episodes. There's Urakata and Sagiri going overboard shopping for swimsuits, wardrobe malfunctions at sea courtesy of a hydra eel monster, and then there's the test of courage that made that was not run-of-the-mill with the evil spirits being real, all to cause even more fanservicey moments. But things get serious there at the end when a monster is on the attack.

Comment

Episode 11

That was all the potion's fault.

While those evil spirits were having their way with the boys, Kogarashi's sudden appearance had him scrambling seeing that it's a bad idea to go up against him. So with that, everybody is saved, and the typical summer trip stuff happens with the hot springs bath, and then it ends with the class dancing in front of a bonfire. Then Sagiri gets awfully aggressive there as everybody is doing summer homework, and it turns out that it was the doing of a love potion that has Sagiri showing a softer side of her that she refuses to admit she has. Pretty funny stuff once again as those girls sure are out of their minds.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X