Revue Starlight Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode 10

On its own, the scene with Hikari isn't anything special. However what it could lead to is what interests me. In other words, the response given in episodes 11-End could make or break the series for me. I should not the series has been good over all, so I am hoping for a "make" rather than break.
    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
    Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 11

Waiting for her on the stage.

So in the end, Hikari decided to take one for the team by being the only one paying the penalty for losing the auditions instead of the other girls, and as such she disappears having mysteriously transferred out of the school. Karen desperately searcher for her seeing that she hadn't been returning all those texts. Thanks to Karen's friends and that book Hikari left behind, she was able to locate Hikari in an underground theater, all while her friends support Karen's decision there and telling her that she's waiting on the stage for her. That sure brought everybody together, but at the same time Karen's shine has suffered as an indirect consequence of her decision. It will be interesting to see how this finishes now that Karen has foudn out where Hikari has disappeared to.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
      Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

A star is born.

Try as she might, Hikari just couldn't reach the star. But once Karen arrived, everything changed. Just when it looked like the status quo would prevail with Hikari winning the revue, Karen comes back to do an encore revue, and this time she wins so that her star is realizes, one where she and Hikari perform and shine together. That was a fitting end here seeing that there was just no way Karen would be denied.

Overall, this show is entertaining to watch as it's strong with the visuals, soundtrack, drama, intriguing characters, and a grand concept that was nicely constructed. It's the duels where this show really stands out as being something by a director who learned under Kunihiko Ikuhara. However, the storywriting was inconsistent as it was weak in some areas all while some of the supporting characters didn't get developed enough. In all, this show totally knocks it out of the park on the technical aspects, but it was lacking with the storywriting as it is just inconsistent with some of it good, other parts not so much.

MAL Rating:
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
        Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X