X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Revue Starlight Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    少女☆歌劇 レヴュー・スタァライト

A show about a girls theater troupe. Two girls practice hard hoping to make it to the world-famous troupe to fulfill a promise.

Airs: Thursday, July 12, 2018

Studio: Kinema Citrus

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

Starlight is a song and dance revue troupe loved throughout the world. Karen and Hikari make a promise with each other when they're young that one day they'll stand on that stage together. Time passes, and now the girls are 16 years old. Karen is very enthusiastic about the lessons she takes every day, holding her promise close to her heart. Hikari has transferred schools and is now away from Karen. But the cogs of fate turn, and the two are destined to meet again. The girls and other Stage Girls will compete in a mysterious audition process to gain acceptance into the revue.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Fukaziroh, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
    Watching: Food Wars! The Second Plate, DB Super, One Piece, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Take the stage.

This show certainly reminds me of Kaleido Star as it begins in somewhat of a similar fashion as just like with Sora, Karen is aiming to be the top performer and join the elite theatrical troupe after being impressed by them in her childhood days. However, the motivation for doing so is a bit different as it's to fulfill a promise between friends that haven't seen each other for 12 years. Karen isn't exactly the best student being late almost all the time, all while she has the tendency to annoy other people, but her dedication is great. And then Hikari comes back after spending 12 years in England and she came back as someone who isn't exactly the most friendly of people. Then things just got totally weird there at the end with that underground theater, talking giraffe, and Hikari fighting on the stage as part of the auditions for the Starlight troupe. Pretty nice visuals there with that play.

So with that, the usual trial rules apply. A third Saturday show is guaranteed, and so far it's looking promising to take that spot (though it's not out of the possibility I go with four, but at least three will make it between four shows). Being reminded of Kaleido Star certainly is a huge plus.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Fukaziroh, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
    Watching: Food Wars! The Second Plate, DB Super, One Piece, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Very much on the fence about this one. It's rather fabulous, but it remains to be seen whether it captures me on a level beyond spectacle, and that will determine whether it's sustainable enough to be worth continuing. Not a bad first impression once it got to its big climax, though.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine