Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 7

Tennis anyone?

And once again, the guys are up to their usual antics, this time playing tennis with the club in order to deepen their friendship and improve communications between diving buddies. But the real reason turns out to be something else entirely as they are getting back at the tennis club, all while taking their prize money away seeing that this club is always in need of some extra cash. Just another wild and crazy adventure there as they will do whatever it takes to have a great time, whether it be scuba diving or just plain living the college life to the fullest.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 7

I'll take a comedic tennis episode over nothing but drinking and getting naked. Of course, there was still plenty of both of those things, but they accounted for a much smaller percentage than in a lot of episodes. Still a little tough to go back to absolutely no diving after that brief glimpse of hope, but I'm certainly used to it by now. This show is still funny as all hell, and I found myself close to laughing out loud several times in this episode. Yeah, I can accept that.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 8

Eat, drink, work, play.

The club wants to go to Okinawa and they still are in need of money, so they go out working at a bar. What could possibly go wrong seeing that these boys love booze? Well, it turns out to be everything as Iori and Kohei are blowing their earnings on more booze, while Tokki and Bukki are mixing some pretty dangerous drinks there. As such, things get quite out of hand as to be expected. Those boys are once again being dumb when it comes to just about everything.
        Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 8

I read the first volume of the manga a couple nights ago and, as expected, I love it way more than the anime. The artwork is phenomenal, the pacing and "timing" are much better (which is a little weird to say for a comic), and the drinking scenes don't seem as obnoxious or overwhelming.

Still, this show can be a lot of fun. This episode was great.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 9

Drop while they shop.

And it's a lot more reckless fun going on with the boys. First with the king's game, and Aina ruining the mood by telling everybody not to strip at the next party. And then they go shopping where they buy all sorts of diving gear. Of course, things get crazy when it just so happens that there are diving suits designed like the plugsuits Asuka and Rei wear to pilot the Evas, but of course they are designed for girls so it's too small for Kohei. Of course, they spend too much money that they need to work some more to get enough money to make that Okinawa trip, and the girls are dressed up as drag queens to do it. Pretty fun episode that was, and now that the club is in Okinawa, it's time for some hard core scuba diving.

Comment

Re: Episode 9

In case it wasn't a given, those Evangelion wetsuits sure do exist, and are available on Tokyo Otaku Mode for just a few thousand bucks each. That was a lot of fun; I never expect things like that from this show, but Kohei's role was ostensibly supposed to be that of the otaku. He's just mostly been another nudist alcoholic like every other guy who joins this club.

It's definitely promising to see some real time spent on preparation for diving, and leaving off with the gang arriving in Okinawa will be sure to mix it up at the very least, as well as highly improve the chances of real diving. The fake movie trailer preview was very entertaining, but even the real one makes it look like the next episode will be a pretty good one, too.

I liked this episode a lot. It was evenly split (almost certainly from two separate, fairly standalone chapter) between inconsequential nonsense that was successfully funny all the way through and a more serious look at the technical aspects of diving that still managed to have its comedic charm.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 10

Under the Okinawan sun.

These guys continue to have their crazy fun, but the girls had the boys going to a crowded beach where they can't get naked. And Iori is such a klutz there failing hard at the banana boat contest. But in the end, they did what they came down to Okinawa to do in going scuba diving, and it was nice to see everybody getting along there, especially with Aina there at the end.

Comment

Re: Episode 10

Look at all that serious diving talk! This show can be real when it wants to. The banana boat and attempts to sleep were very funny as well, so the Okinawa trip is going well in general, as I imagined it would. A change of pace was definitely in order, and this kind of trip to the beach feels very natural for this crew.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 11

Sick to his stomach.

This episode just goes to show how dumb Iori is and how naive Aina is. Iori ends up getting sick because he just had to strip while doing some practice with clearing his mask, all while a patrolman was out. And then there's all sorts of problems when it comes to cooking as there was no way Chisa wanted to partner up with Iori to cook. And Aina freaking out when some crazy thing were said that ended up being names of fish there was pretty hilarious. And finally, the idol who is the artist of the ending theme song gets to sing in the karaoke room. Pretty great stuff once again, but that's sadly going to come to an end next week.

Comment

Episode 12 (Finale)

Drink the night away.

So it ends with a scuba diving trip out on the boat, though Iori can't get the full experience because he's still learning. Then it's another night of partying and all sorts of drunk antics as they went all-out with the booze. Heck, even Aina got into it as she drank and caused havoc of her own. Quite a fitting end there as those boys definitely didn't hold back during their last night in Okinawa, all while Iori continue to become a huge headache for the cops for indecent exposure. I certainly enjoyed every bit of this show even if it didn't really do much scuba diving as I was hoping for, but it's all about having a great time, and that happened, and then some.

Overall, this show was fun to watch for the quirky characters, the humor, the scuba diving stuff, and the good times as every moment of the show was fun and enjoyable. That said, I felt that it went way too overboard with the crazy college life and drinking antics, all while the frequent stripping and crazy behavior wore on me seeing that it meant taking away the attention on scuba diving that should have gotten more focus than it did. But in all, the show certainly delivered on the comedy, all while doing a solid job with character development.

MAL Rating:

Comment

Re: Episode 11

The misunderstanding gags started to get tired, but the culmination of the misunderstandings about Iori and Chisa was all worth it, especially once Aina joins in, a stranger calls the cops, and even with his dominatrices gone, Iori is of course ass naked in public. And it even serves a plot purpose, which sadly keeps Iori from becoming a licensed diver for now.
                        My Top Anime | Manga
                        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                        My FP Reviews | Twitter
                        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Re: Episode 12 (Finale)

Even if it did end up being a joke about him just being seasick, I still feel bad for Iori, having to miss out on the majesty that the rest experienced because of sickness brought on by honestly trying to improve himself for the test. At least Chisa is finally able to feel comfortable around him... not that she necessarily should, nor does he really deserve it. The underwater scenes were definitely everything I hoped so, and the colors and cinematography is so far beyond the level of the main series with its simple character moments that take up most of the series.

This was easily the best non-sequel series of the season, but as an adaptation, certainly not as strong as it could've been. Hopefully Kodansha will speed up their physical releases of the manga, because I really want to dig into as much of that as possible.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...