X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Lord of Vermillion Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ロード オブ ヴァーミリオン 紅蓮の王

A show set in Tokyo where a red fog causes powers to awaken and cause people with these powers to fight.

Airs: Friday, July 13, 2018

Studio: Asread

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Set in Tokyo, it's January 29, 2030. High-frequency resonance is observed in the vicinity of Tokyo, and the red fog rolls into the city. Those who hear the sound, humans and animals alike, pass out, losing consciousness. Everything shuts down in Tokyo, believing that the fog is carrying an unknown virus that causes an epidemic. However, six days later, after the incident, people wake up as if nothing happened. After that, Tokyo's sealed-off city sections gradually return to normal. However, since the high-frequency resonance, some "bizarre events" start to happen, and people find themselves being pulled deeper into more mysteries. Meanwhile, young people start to become aware of themselves and release their power hidden in their blood, discovering themselves as "vessel of wisdom blood." Together, being led by something unknown, they meet, communicate, and face the unavoidable circle of fate, sacrificing their own lives.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: MHA season 2, Testament SND Burst, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Coming to a screeching halt.

Seeing that this show is adapted from a card game (and more specially, a video game where cards are digitally collected) that I wasn't expecting much out of this. And so far that's what it feels like here as it starts of with a teaser that lets viewers know that there's going to be intense action before properly beginning the story. So it starts with the big screech that awakens some hidden power within their blood, and then five months later Chihiro awakens and the world didn't realize what just happened, and all of the sudden monsters attack and one of them has claimed his master. Well, Chihiro will soon get in the action in a big way here as that's how it ends.

So with that, the usual trial period rules apply. While I am willing to give a show like this quite a bit of leeway given the source material, it didn't exactly leave a favorable impression. I'll give it some more episodes before deciding what I want to do about this show.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: MHA season 2, Testament SND Burst, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X