X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Angolmois Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    アンゴルモア 元寇合戦記

A show set in medieval Japan when the Mongols invaded the land, and an exiled samurai is caught up in the middle of the war.

Airs: Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Studio: NAZ

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The scary great king comes from the other side of the sea? The big incident ?Genkou? that shook medieval Japan is being drawn in an original way in this historical anime, along with the beginning of the Samurai?!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Watching: MHA season 2, Testament SND Burst, Aria, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

The Mongols are coming!

That was pretty bloody with the way thing began there, and while I'm not big into historical shows like this, there is some intrigue to this show. The story certainly has some interesting stuff going for it with the Mongol invasion of Japan that's going to start in the next episode. Anyway, that artstyle is quite different there as it seems to me that it was projected over a textured wall, and I'm not really digging it.

So the trial rules are in effect as usual, but it's unlikely I'll add this to the watchlist.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Mai Sakurajima, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
    Simulcasts: BNF, TGL-R, GKY, SAO-3, TOA-I3, FTL-3, TOA-I3, DDK, GSY, IRD, SBY, TSL, CQK, RRD, UZM, KTF, JUL, S4G, BIY, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Old legends die hard.

This episode is all about Sou as he has quite an impressive track record as a general, but the Mongols are a completely different monster as they are unlike any other opponent he has fought. And just like with the scroll being burned to signal a changing of the guard, Sou bites the dust there. Those guys sure have quite a tough battle on their hands.

Comment

Episode 3

Know when to retreat.

With the way the battle has unfolded, the best course of option would be to retreat, but unfortunately those guys are just being arrogant and try to be the hero not realizing the situation they are in. As such, they go rushing into battle and things are quickly going south as the Mongols are just way too strong. And then Teruhi at the end, she takes the blow covering for one of the soldiers there. That was quite a punch to the gut there seeing how those guys are underestimating how formidable their enemy is.

So with that, it's time for me to make a decision on this show, but chances are it won't stay. I won't make the decision just yet, but right now it's on the outside looking in.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X