X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Dropkick on My Devil! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    邪神ちゃんドロップキック

A violent comedy about a devil girl with a cobra tail out to kill a gothloli college student to return home, and fails in doing so.

Airs: Monday, July 9, 2018

Studio: Nomad

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Amazon

Yurine Hanazono is a college student who summons Jashin-chan, a demon from the underworld. Now they must live together in a run-down apartment in Tokyo's Jinbōchō district. If Yurine dies, Jashin-chan gets to go back to the underworld, so she constantly plots to kill Yurine.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Fukaziroh, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
    Watching: Food Wars! The Second Plate, DB Super, One Piece, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Here's a source of meat.

That was pretty hilarious seeing Jashin trying and failing to kill Yurine as every time, she always gets one-upped by the gothloli. She eats all the meat for the hot pot dinner, and as such, Yurine uses her tail for some more meat seeing that she can regenerate. Then she tries again with a crowbar and a horror movie, but in the end Yurine does the Texas Chainsaw Massacre on her. And then she tries to use a stun gun, but doesn't realize that it was actually a beard trimmer all while Yurine uses that against her. That was pretty funny, and I like the wall-breaking humor there, especially the part where Jashin puts on the fake censorship act. That said, it's bound to get repetitive, so I have a feeling things will get stale rather quickly.

So with that, I'll keep on watching per my trial period policy. Given the lack of Monday shows that I'm interested in that if this show gets in, it will be the only full-length Monday show of the season. While I like the comedy, again I get the feeling that it's going to be essentially the same thing every time, so that's something I'll be keeping in mind.
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Wow, that was violent, on the level of Bludgeoning Angel Dokura-chan. I wonder why they dumped all the characters in at once. I guess next episode they'll go back to the beginning.
      Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
        I wonder why they dumped all the characters in at once. I guess next episode they'll go back to the beginning.
        They probably felt it would be more effective to introduce the cast to us to give a feel for everyone before going into the story proper. That being said even if they do go back to the "start" , I could easily see them "reducing" the gaps between character introductions in order to get the group together faster.
        "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Comment

Episode 2

Halo or hell.

After Yurine kills Jashin three times in the first episode, this time she kills her only once as now the other characters get some focus. There's the snow spirit Kori, who can help cut costs on the AC as she can really cool down the place. But even that's not enough as Jashin gets all mad leading her to be the one who kills Jashin. Then Yurine meets a haloless angel and treats her to some curry. Without a halo, she's stranded on Earth, so she is taken in. And then Yurine buys a crapload of weapons to test on Jashin knowing that she can come back to life. Then there's Medusa as she's a masochist willing to put up with all the crap that Jashin puts her through. Pretty funny stuff once again as the characters all have some screws loose in a violent way. After hinting that this show was bound to get repetitive, at least this episode I didn't get that feeling.

So with that, the trial continues as all this show needs to do is beat out the other two Monday shows to make the cut as this season has a very weak Monday lineup. So far, it has put itself in solid position to win that spot.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X