Widgets Magazine

The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    百錬の覇王と聖約の戦乙女〈ヴァルキュリア〉

An isekai show where the MC is equipped with a smartphone and gains a harem of pretty girls in a world of Norse mythology. He soon realizes that this urban legend is true.

Airs: Saturday, July 7, 2018

Studio: EMT^2

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Yuto Suoh is a boy from modern times who accidentally ended up in the warring world of Yggdrasil. In a world where various clans fight for supremacy and survival of the fittest rules supreme, Yuto managed to use his modern knowledge as a weapon and the age of sixteen, managed to become a Patriarch with a force of thousands. Welcome to an exhilarating battle fantasy chronicle about a young man who became a king in a parallel world and the beautiful battle maidens who swear absolute fealty to him!!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Fukaziroh, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
    Watching: Food Wars! The Second Plate, DB Super, One Piece, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

In another world with a smartphone.

After reading the show's description, I knew I was in for something uber-generic, and so far that's the case here. Yuuto gets himself whisked away to another world, and it doesn't explain how it all went down. It starts off smack dab in the middle of a huge battle that Yuto wins with his harem. This time, he takes his smartphone with him that allows him to communicate with his home world seeing that it's still Earth, but in a different time period. Anyway, the story was just a mess here as it doesn't lay the foundation at all with stuff just happening and not really elaborating about it.

So I'll give it another episode or two before deciding on this show. At least the other isekai shows have something worthwhile to offer, but I'm not getting any of that from this show. Given how unusually empty the Saturday slate is that I might decide to continue with this show to meet the minimum, but at this point it's got a tall hill to climb if it is going to make the cut.
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Just a friend.

Thanks to a new weapon introduced by Yuuto in the katana, Siegrune is able to take down the patriarch for the win. And after the war, Yuuto is being asked to marry Linnea in order to build her clan up, but Yuuto knew better and decides to not marry anybody and just leave things as friends. That was just a total rush job there as such an important battle should not be over that quickly. All while the generic tropes and cliches just keep on piling.

So I think I'll give it one more episode, but chances are that will be all she wrote after that as while these isekai shows are a dime a dozen, the other ones have something to offer that made it worthwhile. Konosuba has the comedy, Re:Zero has character development, Overlord has a well-structured story, and even In Another World With My Smartphone has something going for it with the great characters. But this show, there's none of that, though it might be a different story in the manga as I have been hearing.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X