X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Music Girls Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    音楽少女

A show about an idol unit of little girls starting at the bottom and working their way up to the top.

Airs: Friday, July 6, 2018

Studio: Deen

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

There are eleven girls that consist the C-class Ongaku Shoujo idol unit under Pine Records. Despite generating red sales marks and not being very popular, Producer Ikebashi and the members are trying their very best to up their levels. Nevertheless, Ikebashi suggests recruiting a new member for Ongaku Shoujo; someone who can act as a catalyst for the success of the group. Thus, an audition was opened, leading to the soon-to-be legendary group's meeting to a girl named Hanako.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ochaco Uraraka, My Hero Academia
    Watching: Unit Pandora, Children of the Whales, Aokana, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

This just won't fly.

So it begins with Hanako arriving at the airport and seeing that this idol group is recruiting girls there that she goes off and auditions. And of course, she's awful at singing, but has all the other things to make it as an idol. No wonder these girls are only C-rated seeing that they are resorting to performing at an airport. Well, I didn't have any expectations for this show coming in given the cheap-looking animation and the most uncreative of names, and indeed this is awful.

I'll give this another episode or two, but it's almost a done deal that this goes to the drop zone as there are much better shows out there to fill the need that this show would fulfill.
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

It's not one size fits all.

And this episode emphasizes how important it is to wear something that allows somebody to perform as while looking alike is ideal, not if it comes at the cost of the performance. At least there's some character development here all while Hanako finally convinces her parents that being an idol is what she wants to do even though she's got her work cut out for her. Even so, I'm just having a hard time following this show since I can't really tell the girls apart. It certainly is not the best way to go about by introducing all the girls at once.

So with that, I have hit the mute button with this show as it just isn't doing anything for me. While I'm all for these kinds of shows, this one just had nothing in it for me to keep on going.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X