X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Angels of Death Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    殺戮の天使

A show about a girl teaming up with a mass murderer inside an abandoned building looking for a way out.

Airs: Friday, July 6, 2018

Studio: J.C. Staff

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

13-year old Rachel awakens to find herself trapped in the basement of an abandoned building. Without any memories, or even a clue as to where she could be, she wanders the building, lost and dizzy. In her search, she comes across a man covered in bandages. He introduces himself as Zack and he wields a grim-reaper like sickle.

A strange bond is struck between them, strengthened by strange, crazy promises?

These two, trapped in this strange building, don't know why fate has placed them there. But they will work together desperately to find a way out?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Fukaziroh, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
    Watching: Food Wars! The Second Plate, DB Super, One Piece, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Where is she now?

This show certainly wasn't giving anything away at the start there as it slowly uncovered the situation there. Rachel is stuck in an abandoned building shortly after being admitted to the hospital where her doctor turns out to be some mad scientist who has a collection of eyeballs in his lab. I certainly have mixed feelings here seeing that things just dragged here, but I certainly see some potential for this show as there's a lot of mysterious things going on.

So as usual, this show enters the trial phase, and once a couple more episodes are watched I'll decide on this show.
    Simulcasts: CCS, DFX, RGW, MHA, SOM, AMC, WIX, TGL, STG, FMP, SAO-G, CTH-U, CLG, UMA, GKY, LGH, TDK, D23, WOK, JOE-MB, HMR, DEL, NBS, IIZ, AKJ, AOA, FKJ
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Very horror video game-y, but not bad considering. I'm intrigued and engaged thus far, so I hope it builds on its potential and delivers something solid, because I could see it working out pretty well if done well throughout its run.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Episode 2

Die another day.

So the serial killer is Isaac Foster, or Zack for short, and while he kills, he won't kill Rachel just yet, especially not in a room with all those gravestones as this place was built for Rachel to die. Seeing how tasteless he finds this whole situation that he grabs the pickaxe and starts smashing them and inadvertently unlocking the door to the next room in the process. Lots of mystery going on here, all while Rachel and Zack are forming quite an interesting relationship there. Nevertheless, while Zack is a psychopath, he still is committed to getting out of this place and then grant Rachel's death wish.

So I'll keep going for now, and while this was weaker than the first episode, it still has my interest.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Definitely losing me. The scenario is intriguing enough, but the main characters so far are an emotionless girl and a psychotic murderer who runs around smashing graves with a pickax when he's not slicing people up with a scythe. Not the most sympathetic pair to be following through this horror setting. The video game style of it still lends some degree of engagement for the viewer going through the experience, but it's hard to feel for the people on the screen. Still worth sticking around for at least another episode.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine