X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2018] Angels of Death Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    殺戮の天使

A show about a girl teaming up with a mass murderer inside an abandoned building looking for a way out.

Airs: Friday, July 6, 2018

Studio: J.C. Staff

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

13-year old Rachel awakens to find herself trapped in the basement of an abandoned building. Without any memories, or even a clue as to where she could be, she wanders the building, lost and dizzy. In her search, she comes across a man covered in bandages. He introduces himself as Zack and he wields a grim-reaper like sickle.

A strange bond is struck between them, strengthened by strange, crazy promises?

These two, trapped in this strange building, don't know why fate has placed them there. But they will work together desperately to find a way out?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ochaco Uraraka, My Hero Academia
    Watching: Unit Pandora, Children of the Whales, Aokana, DB Super, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Where is she now?

This show certainly wasn't giving anything away at the start there as it slowly uncovered the situation there. Rachel is stuck in an abandoned building shortly after being admitted to the hospital where her doctor turns out to be some mad scientist who has a collection of eyeballs in his lab. I certainly have mixed feelings here seeing that things just dragged here, but I certainly see some potential for this show as there's a lot of mysterious things going on.

So as usual, this show enters the trial phase, and once a couple more episodes are watched I'll decide on this show.
    Simulcasts: MHA, STG, AOT, FRE, OVL, HBD, HSB, BNF, 7SR, GBL, HSL, AAB, DKD, RSL, HDL, 100, ADH, YUY, HRV, EOC, IIZ, NBS, AKJ, IDM-CGG, 1RM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

Very horror video game-y, but not bad considering. I'm intrigued and engaged thus far, so I hope it builds on its potential and delivers something solid, because I could see it working out pretty well if done well throughout its run.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 2

Die another day.

So the serial killer is Isaac Foster, or Zack for short, and while he kills, he won't kill Rachel just yet, especially not in a room with all those gravestones as this place was built for Rachel to die. Seeing how tasteless he finds this whole situation that he grabs the pickaxe and starts smashing them and inadvertently unlocking the door to the next room in the process. Lots of mystery going on here, all while Rachel and Zack are forming quite an interesting relationship there. Nevertheless, while Zack is a psychopath, he still is committed to getting out of this place and then grant Rachel's death wish.

So I'll keep going for now, and while this was weaker than the first episode, it still has my interest.

Comment

Re: Episode 2

Definitely losing me. The scenario is intriguing enough, but the main characters so far are an emotionless girl and a psychotic murderer who runs around smashing graves with a pickax when he's not slicing people up with a scythe. Not the most sympathetic pair to be following through this horror setting. The video game style of it still lends some degree of engagement for the viewer going through the experience, but it's hard to feel for the people on the screen. Still worth sticking around for at least another episode.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 3

Digging his own grave.

So after Rachel and Zack saw a grave conveniently prepared for them, they meet the guy who made it, Eddie. And he asks a simple question to Rachel whether she wants to be killed by him or Zack. Of course, she answers Zack, and Eddie is none too pleased about it. So he tries to sweeten the deal by giving Rachel a more extravagant grave, but that just wouldn't do as instead, it becomes Eddie's grave instead. Well, I'm not exactly sure which direction this show is going to go, but in an odd way the weirdness has me intrigued.

So I'll give this show one more episode before making the final call on this. While there have been things about this show I like about it, I would like to see things pick up in a big way as it's not good to keep things under wraps for this long.

Comment

Re: Episode 3

I thought this show had some potential for two episodes, but now it's clear that it's pretty damn bad. Easy drop now.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Episode 4

The verdict is in.

And now, here's a two-parter as Cathy is unlike any other floor boss before. She is putting the two through torture as they figure out how to advance, first with the firing squad, then the electric chair, and the gas chamber as she's a judge and executioner. They were able to get through the first two tests, but the last one proves to be quite difficult with Rachel having to think while gas pours in. Rachel solved one part of the puzzle, but there's another part to it as the door isn't opening. Cathy, she sure is sadistic.

So with that, the trial period has ended, and I'm not sure which way I'll go with this show at the moment. Nevertheless, this is a bubble show.

Comment

Episode 5

Can't die here.

So Rachel and Zack get out of that mess by throwing dynamite using the gas to ignite it, and they are out of that mess. But they are not out of the woods just yet as Cathy has another challenge for them with a book, math equations, and a dollhouse, and with Cathy taunting Zack that he goes crazy destroying that dollhouse. That meant separation where in order to pass through the next gate, the two have to inject themselves with a drug for which one of them is dangerous. Zack puts both of them in himself and now he's not feeling too hot vowing to protect Rachel until they get out. Cathy is such a twisted lady there.

So with that, I'll give this show an extended trial, and one more episode to figure out its place on my watchlist. I have narrowed it down with three shows in the running for the last two spots (or I may very well just include all three of them since I can go up to two shows over). In any case, it's not a for-sure thing just yet.

Comment

Episode 6

She's the judge and jury, but not the executioner.

So after Zack gets drugged, he is attacking Rachel, but then they walk into the firing squad room where Zack gets shot, but that wasn't enough to slow him down as he got up and killed Cathy with some assistance from Rachel. There was just so much teasing with death here that I was pretty sure that Rachel would get killed here, but in the end they managed to escape execution here and move onto the next stage. Way to show that bitch not to toy around with them.

So with that, the extended trial period has ended, and I won't say where it stands at this time until I watch the other shows that are on the bubble. I have a decision to make before next week.

Comment

Re: Episode 6

With Zack dead, it appears we are moving on to the next phase. I hope it won't be continuing psycho of the week as it's been p to now. I'd like to see a little more meat to the story: Who is Rachel? Why is she there? Is there some meaning behind this place besides the setting for a bunch of psychos to kill each other? Will Zack miraculously (he appears to have bled out - twice) survive and come back into the story? That would be lame, but not unexpected for this type of show.

Avatar: Tanya Degurechaff from Saga of Tanya the Evil

Comment

Episode 7

Not leaving him for dead.

The next challenge, Rachel is on her own with Zack down for the count. But there is a way to save him by going back to the beginning and getting some meds from Danny's lab, but to do that she has to pass the test administered by the priest Gary as he wants her to come out with her true self. The test is to turn on the power in the chambers that they took Cathy's test in, and to do that she has to navigate a prison full of zombies. It might have been no sweat for Zack, but Rachel, it's another story entirely.

Comment

Episode 8

This is how he became a monster.

As Rachel backtracks, it turns out she will have to go even further back than Danny's lab as there's no medicine to be found there, all while the corpses have disappeared. And the story of how Zack became the killer he is gets revealed as it all started when his old man was murdered. Seeing that the killers laughed it all off that he decided to take his revenge on them, and that was the start of his murderous ways. Zack sure is beyond redemption now after hearing his backstory seeing that it's one thing to kill, but it's another thing entirely to take pleasure in doing so.

Comment

Episode 9

Left for dead.

As it turns out, Danny is still alive as he really said some pretty nasty stuff to Zack with his life draining away. In the end, there was no medicine to be found, and Rachel rushed back to Zack sensing danger in that giant snake. Zack killed it, but that was his last bit of strength as he would bite the dust after that. Zack went out with a whimper there, and now the promise can't be fulfilled. This is not going to end well from the look of things.

Comment

Episode 10

Is she a witch?

Rachel goes on trial as that priest is pretty convinced that she is a witch. He brings back those guardians that were killed along the way using some power, and while they stand up for Rachel, int he end nothing could convince that priest that she is not a witch. So she's getting burned at stake as penalty. Rachel insists that she's just fulfilling a promise, but the priest just isn't buying it. Rachel sure is backed in to a corner here as it's going to take a Hail Mary if the promise is to be fulfilled.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X